bring our own snacks?

We always have cookies, pringles and candy packed in our back packs we take them off when we go to the ports and snack on them while off the ship to hold us off till we are back to eat. On the ship we usually aren't hungry to eat it unless an occasional tootsie roll to satisfy a sweet craving, Sorry I wouldn't pay the price for pringles or candy on the ship!

As long as everything is packaged/sealed, you should be ok. We bring granola bars, chocolate, other candy, nuts for the flight there and back, but rarely end up touching these during the cruise. There's so much else to eat that it usually isn't necessary.

Even for port days, sometimes I'll just grab a box or two of dry cereal in the WJ at breakfast to throw into our backpack.

Edited by CntPAcruiser

Same for us we being things mostly for travel to and from the ship. If I have stuff left at the end of the wk that isn't open I will leave for my cabin attendant. Especially if I have something a little different since most aren't from the US it's an extra treat.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As long as everything is packaged/sealed, you should be ok. We bring granola bars, chocolate, other candy, nuts for the flight there and back, but rarely end up touching these during the cruise. There's so much else to eat that it usually isn't necessary.

Even for port days, sometimes I'll just grab a box or two of dry cereal in the WJ at breakfast to throw into our backpack.

That's us exactly. Granola bars and nuts to hold us over on the plane but really there is no need on the ship. There is so much food everywhere on the ship that you really don't need your own. Between meals we would stop by Sorrentos for pizza, biscotti, dessert, fruit, etc, or swing by the windjammer to grab snacks. The meals are so big too that you might not even be hungry between them. I'm a huge snacker at home but found I ate 3 square meals with hardly any snacks, except for as noted Sorrentos in the afternoon to hold me until dinner.

For ports we always took cereal from the buffet for the kiddies.

For ports we always took cereal from the buffet for the kiddies.

I don't usually pack snacks like granola bars with me, since I can do as you do and take cereal boxes from the buffet for port excursions. I often take bananas, or fruit as well (you won't be able to bring anything back on board the ship). I only take with me what I expect to eat. I need a banana or apple with the boxed cereal if I am going on a water excursion that doesn't include any snacks (for instance).

Am I the only one that thinks eating chips during a show would be rude to the people around you?

I usually have some snacks in my suitcase that I pack for our flights. I don't think I've ever eaten them on the cruise because there is always so much other stuff available. However, I don't think I've ever seen someone snacking during a show.

I don't usually pack snacks like granola bars with me, since I can do as you do and take cereal boxes from the buffet for port excursions. I often take bananas, or fruit as well (you won't be able to bring anything back on board the ship). I only take with me what I expect to eat. I need a banana or apple with the boxed cereal if I am going on a water excursion that doesn't include any snacks (for instance).

Bringing fruit off the ship is not allowed. You are putting the ecosystem of the island you are visiting in jeopardy. If you are caught, you can be fined.

At most ports it is forbidden to take fruit or any items that are not prepackaged off the ship. Fruit is especially verboten as it can cause serious issues with the ecosystem. Just ask a Californian. Please don't ever do this. Respect the country you are visiting.

We always take some snacks along for the room and on excursions--they need to be packaged to take off the ship though.

I usually have some nuts, trail mix or granola bars if we think we'll be on a longer tour without lunch; also for on the plane.

In the room I like something small and chocolaty like kisses. My husband likes black licorice and often brings fruit snacks. I do miss salty snacks some, but don't want to pack them. (I know we can buy them on the ship).

I've never eaten anything in the showroom, and don't really think you'll want to. I don't think the cruise lines care if you bring snacks from home, but the ports usually don't allow anything but packaged items, and even then there are a few ports that will confiscate those.

Cereal boxes. What a good idea!

I bring Ginger Snaps in case someone gets woozy. Funny thing. Sailing with Hubby is the lucky charm. He has never seen anything but flat calm pond water. I was sure our December transit to and from Bayonne to the tropics would be miserable. It was like a lake.

Hubs is my lucky cruising charm! No snaps needed!

Am I the only one that thinks eating chips during a show would be rude to the people around you?

I usually have some snacks in my suitcase that I pack for our flights. I don't think I've ever eaten them on the cruise because there is always so much other stuff available. However, I don't think I've ever seen someone snacking during a show.

I agree with you completely.

Agreement here. If someone can't go an hour without shoving something in their face, one feels there is an issue to be addressed and help required.

It's one of the reasons I rarely go to the cinema now. The noise of slurping and crunching is too distracting - even with the deafening volume from the surround sound speakers.

On the topic of bringing snacks on-board; unless you are hooked on a particular item, the ship is packed with food for you to eat of snack on at your convenience, so you need not worry about bringing any with you.

I suppose if your hungry you could eat, but usually you go to the show right after you have dinner. We are usually plenty full and the thought of more food is not appealing! Depending on the ship they have a cafe that after the show we may grab a cookie and a tea.

Dry cereal like Granola from the WJ makes a good snack. Bran or corn muffins are also good for excursions. I would suggest not taking fresh fruit off the ship, it could cause you some costly problems. Most ports, especially Bermuda don't allow fruit of any kind. Don't get caught taking fruit off the last day for the ride or flight home. US Customs will slap a fine on you.