Luggage Valet and Celebrity

packedandready

I posted here because I didn't know if the question was a general one or whether it depended on the cruise line.

Hoping to use luggage valet next month on equinox. We have early bird check-in with SWA. How does the luggage valet check-in affect the early bird check-in?

On our last cruise, a year ago, flights had to be after 11:30AM for Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and after 2PM for Miami airport, on a cruise docking at Port Everglades.

It doesn't work for early flights as they need time to get all the luggage to the airport and process it.

Hate to be the one to tell you this but I wanted to use luggage valet on my Equniox cruise. Web site at the time said SWA was taking part. I got on the ship and got the form form Guest Relations, filled it out, took it down and was informed that SWA wasn't' one of the airlines. The form gives you the airlines on the back but I didn't look at the back. So your question might be moot. Sorry I sure wish They were but according to the Celebrity agent I worked with for the next cruise, because SWA uses it's :(own registration system Celebrity can't access it to set things up.

I posted here because I didn't know if the question was a general one or whether it depended on the cruise line.

Hoping to use luggage valet next month on equinox. We have early bird check-in with SWA. How does the luggage valet check-in affect the early bird check-in?

Yes, I've gotten mixed answers too. A thread about a Jan sailing of the equinox had posters saying it wasn't available and then posters (from that same sailing) saying that they talked to guest services closer to debarkation and was told it WAS available and they used it. So who knows?????????

So...just in case......how would early bird check-in be affected?

I'm not positive but I think with SW early bird, aside from getting your boarding passes a little earlier, most of the benefits are at the departure lounge and deal with boarding the plane first..

The early bird addition is tied to your reservation and should show up on your boarding pass whether you do it or the ship does it.

"Automatic Check-In

Whether you choose to print your boarding pass the day before or just hours before the flight, your confirmed boarding position will be ready and waiting for you. Now you can print your boarding pass as your schedule allows. Better Boarding Position

We'll automatically check you in and assign your boarding position within 36 hours of your flight's departure - that's 12 hours before general boarding positions become available. While EarlyBird Check-In doesn't guarantee an A boarding position, it improves your seat selection options to help you get your favorite seat."

Maybe Luggage valet service is tied to the number of passengers using a specific airline on that day? Not enough = NO VALET SERVICE..???

OMO

bosco

We used luggage valet when we departed 2/2. I will use it whenever it is available. We were told that SWA would be available if there was enough people using it. We had Early Bird and they printed our boarding passes and they were waiting in our cabins with our luggage tags.

I sure hope it's available for our November cruise.

We used luggage valet when we departed 2/2. I will use it whenever it is available. We were told that SWA would be available if there was enough people using it. We had Early Bird and they printed our boarding passes and they were waiting in our cabins with our luggage tags.

I sure hope it's available for our November cruise.

thank you so much!!!!

We used luggage valet when we disembarked Equinox on January 10. When we went to guest relations they did not think South West would participate but they took our flight info and told us if it was available they would let us know. We got regular disembarkation tags and figured ok, no luggage valet. Several hours later our butler delivered the luggage valet info and tags.

If it is not listed I recommend you go to guest relations with your info and see what happens. I don't think it depends on how many cruisers are flying on a particular air line. Whether or not you use SW Early Boarding is not an issue as long as your flight is after the established time.

Mary Lou

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

It was a couple of years ago that we signed up for luggage valet on Equinox and were later informed that it was cancelled for lack of passenger participation for Southwest. They told my DW that they needed a minimum of 25 passengers and didn't reach that threshold. We had Early Bird so we just waited until we reached the Southwest terminal to print the passes. We've used it on Royal and Southwest a few times since without a problem.

We got off the Celebrity Eclipse today in Ft Lauderdale and flew SWA. We were told that Southwest no longer participates in Luggage Valet. We met a couple on our flight who got off a Holland America Cruise today and were also told that Southwest does not participate.

It looks like there is no definitive answer.

I would have been happy to use the service.

We used it on our Jan.-25 trip. It was great. We just put the tags on & our luggage arrived with us at the airport no checking in luggage at all. If you do an airline that charges for luggage(they're all starting to do it now!) you will be charged in addition to the valet service, which I found still to be a bargain.

We have used luggage valet before with Swa. This past cruise, a 5 night cruise, I went to Guest Services to inquire about it. I was told I was the only one to ask about Luggage Valet and since there was no interest for any airline they weren't doing it. They never put anything in the rooms about Luggage Valet so I asked them how they expected people to show interest when most people didn't even know about it. They said they didn't put anything out about because there was no interest. Huh? I think Celebrity just doesn't want to bother with it.

SWA wasn't listed, so I asked GR. They said it was probably due to departure times. Sure would have been nice.

I've written a review, hasn't posted on the Equinox page yet. In short, we had a spectacular time. Food was significantly better in MDR & buffet (from same ship last year & we thought it was good then). Our waiter service was the best we've ever had on any cruise, the interaction with the maitre d was phenomenal. We had our first drink package (only because our TA upgraded it to premium), don't think I'll be able to cruise without one again, if only because of the ease & simplicity. Order, give card, get drink & card back, nothing to sign, ever. Our final bill consisted of dinner for 4 in Tuscan (our only real disappointment, filet was great, service was rushed), one shore excursion & 3 t-shirts, & 5 pages of zeros (outlining where you "purchased" a beverage of any type.

We had C2 cabin in the perfect location, wonderful steward. Our bed broke the first night (weld separated on frame) our steward Hubert, was horrified that we didn't wake him up to fix it right then. Seriously, we roared with laughter after realizing that neither of us was hurt (we've been married for 44 years). It was fixed the next morning & there weren't any other issues. The hotel director, Darren, did send us a lovely bottle of Barolo & a charming hand-written letter & searched us out to make sure we were really okay.

The senior officers are always out & about, very personable & gracious. We really enjoy the interaction. We're on Eclipse next March for 14 nights, hope we have as good a time as we have had on Equinox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Day 2 of our cruise on the Equinox ( March 24---April 4 ) we filled out the luggage valet form listing Southwest for our flight. Was told that they wouldn't know if it would work until later into the cruise. Still no answer 2 nights before our return to Fort Lauderdale.

When we returned to our stateroom on dreaded packing night there was an envelope on the bed.

Contents:

3 orange striped Celebrity tags marked "LUGGAGE VALET"

3 Southwest airlines baggage tags.

Our bar coded boarding passes, which had our early bird status listed as boarding group A-17,18.

Worked fine for us.

Cost is $20 per bag.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans
sp

On our last cruise, a year ago, flights had to be after 11:30AM for Ft. Lauderdale Airport, and after 2PM for Miami airport, on a cruise docking at Port Everglades.

It doesn't work for early flights as they need time to get all the luggage to the airport and process it.

and when they say 11:30 am, they MEAN 11:30 am. We tried, but were cancelled, as our flight was 11:26am. I kid you not! *sigh* guess they have to draw the line.... *sigh*

Edited by Elusive_Cruiser