So Excited! Retirement Cruise!

Nana257

Congratulations on your retirement! We are taking my mother in law on a cruise in October to celebrate her retirement from a 40+ year nursing career. She already retired last month and is enjoying it. Hope you do as well and have a wonderful time on your cruise!!

I am so excited We just booked our Retirement cruise. Last day of work is 4/30. We decided to celebrate the best way we know and that is by taking a cruise. And DH suprised me by getting a balcony. We usually stick with the oceanview. Going with his sisters who are also retiring and their DHs. The Legend will never be the same! :D

Congratulations! Have A Great Time!

Congratulations!! I retired 12/30/11 and likewise, we took a 12 day cruise on 1/2/12 to celebrate. After 30 years as an ER RN, however, it took me several days on the ship to awake and NOT try and figure out what 12 hr shifts I was suppose to be working that week! Have a relaxing and truly enjoyable cruise. :)

Congrats, My DH and I retired the end of Feb,2006. We've been cruising and relaxing ever since, and we love it.

On the other hand, my sister's husband retired 5 yrs before she could. So for 5 long years she counted down the days. Looking forward to being free to travel and enjoy everyday life. A few months before she could reach her dream, her DH was diagnosed with throat cancer. He was a heavy smoker for 50 yrs. She retired in Jan of 2013, and spent her days "traveling" back and forth to drs and hospitals with her husband.

So those of you planning, and looking forward to retiring in the future. Yes, by all means plan, and dream, and anticipate. BUT, take the time to Enjoy and Live as much of your dream as you can Today. You just never know about Tomorrow.

Congratulations on your retirement!!!!:D:D

Nothing better than never having to go back to work, after a cruise.

I just take one day off, after.

Unfortunately, it's inevitable........I have to go back.

Apparently, I have another 18 years before I can even THINK about it.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Well deserved!!!!!:D:D:D