Beach towels from ship to beaches

Are we allowed (I have read both ways) to take the towels from the ship, and use them as beach towels, or do we have to bring our own to the beach? That will be one less thing to bring, if we can take them off the ship?

Are we allowed (I have read both ways) to take the towels from the ship, and use them as beach towels, or do we have to bring our own to the beach? That will be one less thing to bring, if we can take them off the ship?

You can take the ship's pool towels off the ship. You can get them on the pool deck. Some ships will have them near the gangway as you get off.

Edited by clarea

We have always taken the ship towels to the beach with us.

Curious where you heard that you were not able to take them off. Have always been able to since we started cruising. There is another thread active at the moment about charges for towels not returned and whether that is currently in place or not, but nothing I have seen about not being able to take them at all.

As others have said, get them on the ship, then return for nice clean dry ones as needed. No need to bring your own.

Just off the Grandeur last week. When at CoCoCay, we took towels from the pool deck to take to the beach. When leaving the island, they collected the towels before getting on the tender.

In Labadee we could see the crew running all over the beach just before sail away,

picking up hundreds of towels that thought less passengers left all over the beach

chairs and the beach. They kept bringing trailers full of them back to the ship and

struggling to get those huge piles of them on before we sailed.

Edited by island lady

Oh thank you for letting me know we can take the towels from the ship to the beach. Will they "check" to see how many you take off the ship? I would like to take at least two. This will save space in my luggage if I don't have to bring beach towels.:)

Yes, that is a good thought, to take the towels from the ship to the beach, and back, and let them wash the towels. Yes, you are right, this way I don't have to drag them back home and wash them. I will have enough laundry as it is.:(

Oh thank you for letting me know we can take the towels from the ship to the beach. Will they "check" to see how many you take off the ship? I would like to take at least two. This will save space in my luggage if I don't have to bring beach towels.:)

No, they don't check how many towels you are taking off the ship.

OK, one last question.

We can take the cruise towels to the beach, but we have to get them from pool side, and not from our room, right? In otherwords, the pool towels, and the room towels are different, or look different?

OK, one last question.

We can take the cruise towels to the beach, but we have to get them from pool side, and not from our room, right? In otherwords, the pool towels, and the room towels are different, or look different?

Yes, the pool towels usually blue and bigger than the towels in the room. The room towels are your standard hotel sized towels. You can get them the from the pool the afternoon before and keep in your room if you don't want to worry about it in the morning.

Edited by gms5002