new to diamond status

When we reached Elite on Celebrity I emailed RCI and gave them our Captains Club numbers and our Crown and Anchor numbers they sent me an email letting me know we were diamond. I am sure it would work the same way reversed.

Celebrity has some great perks for Elite 90 min of free internet, never have to buy a package again..

Bev

Yes, it does work the same way. Although we've only sailed three times with Celebrity, as soon as we hit Diamond, they sent an email welcoming us as Elite.

Looking forward to being on the Brilliance of the Seas in May/June. I'm a Diamond as well (not all cruises listed below) In years past they used to offer appetizers and mixed drinks, but the last cruise we were on that had a DL only had beer and wine, no snacks or other alcohol. I'm curious also if anyone has ever complained about being a Diamond but not having the perks available to them on a ship that doesn't have a DL. Seems to me you're missing some great perks. I myself pick a cruise because of the itinerary usually, not the ship. If it has a DL, then bonus! I enjoy the happy hour, but have not done the breakfast, mainly because our travelling companions are not Diamond. I will do that on this up coming cruise though. After this cruise I will only have about 30 for the next level up! :p

I have never been in a D/L that did not serve booze and finger food during happy hour. What ship was this? I would think there would be a major uproar on CC if this was happening.

I have never been in a D/L that did not serve booze and finger food during happy hour. What ship was this? I would think there would be a major uproar on CC if this was happening.

While most ships now have a Diamond Lounge, there are still a few that only have a "Diamond Event" where only wine, champagne and soft drinks are served during cocktail hours and other drinks are 25% off. Yes, I've often thought it was most unfair.

While most ships now have a Diamond Lounge, there are still a few that only have a "Diamond Event" where only wine, champagne and soft drinks are served during cocktail hours and other drinks are 25% off. Yes, I've often thought it was most unfair.

The poster stated DL, which to me means Diamond Lounge. That is why I'm asking them to clarify.

We will be Diamond after our cruise next month. Can you clarify for me - we cruise on Explorer frequently as I hate to fly and we can drive to Bayonne. So there is no diamond lounge on Explorer as stated above? There is nowhere to get complimentary or reduced price cocktails as on other RC ships? Thanks for any info.

We will be Diamond after our cruise next month. Can you clarify for me - we cruise on Explorer frequently as I hate to fly and we can drive to Bayonne. So there is no diamond lounge on Explorer as stated above? There is nowhere to get complimentary or reduced price cocktails as on other RC ships? Thanks for any info.

On ships without a Diamond Club there will be a "Diamond Event" where there is free wine, champagne and fountain soft drinks. Other beverages can be ordered with a 25% discount.

My wife's first stop in the morning on the way to breakfast is to grab a latte from the CL/DL. They provide take-out cups and lids.

We made Diamond on our Panama cruise and this is one perk I am looking forward to on our next cruise. :)

Explorer does a Diamond and above full breakfast in one of the small dining rooms just outside the MDR. Specialty coffee is included in this breakfast. I get cafe mocha with my breakfast. You cannot go in the CL unless you are in a suite or are D+ or Pinnacle. The downside is you can't get specialty coffee anytime you want on ships without a DL.

Is this what we can expect on Jewel next year? We have two cruises booked on her. :)

Also, remember Explorer is not long for Bayonne!! You'll be upgrading to Quantum baby!!! Haha, I'd think they'll have a nice DL ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Also, remember Explorer is not long for Bayonne!! You'll be upgrading to Quantum baby!!! Haha, I'd think they'll have a nice DL ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

And don't think I'm not looking forward to that!

........and perhaps the best "perk" is that you no longer have to either speak or associate with any "pleebs' below you on the rewards program. Also you now can treat the crew like crap and if any complain always use that trump card "I am Diamond"........Welcome to the club......;)

I certainly hope this post was put up in jest.. :(

Edited by runner2013

I certainly hope this post was put up in jest.. :(

Typical post for him. He wants people to think he's cynical and tends to play devil's advocate for the "little guy" lol

You are still pretty new around here. After awhile you will get to know various folks' style of posting.;):)

Good to know.I feel better now:D. I am definitely the new kid on the block. Think I have a little bit of cruise envy going on :}

Question - As Diamonds have

Private departure lounge with continental breakfast

if they are traveling with people that are not diamond, are their travel companions allowed to wait with them in the lounge before leaving disembarkation?

If not, how is it best to meet up if the Diamonds want to use this benefit?

Erika

Question - As Diamonds have

Private departure lounge with continental breakfast

if they are traveling with people that are not diamond, are their travel companions allowed to wait with them in the lounge before leaving disembarkation?

If not, how is it best to meet up if the Diamonds want to use this benefit?

Erika

You would either have to use the departure lounge that your traveling companions are using, or choose to meet in the terminal after disembarkation.

Note that there may be a timing issue too. If you are in the Diamond departure lounge, you are implicitly leaving the ship with the Diamond group. This is usually earlier than most other groups. If you want to leave the ship with your other companions, then you should probably stay with them in their departure lounge.

Edited by clarea

We have just become Diamond on RCI. I have seen a balcony discount mentioned on this thread and on the Crown & Anchor list of perks but can't find the current dollar amount.

Can anyone let us know the dollar amount of the discounts available. I know it varies based on the length of the cruise and booking date.

We're planning a Bermuda cruise for August.

Thanks

We have just become Diamond on RCI. I have seen a balcony discount mentioned on this thread and on the Crown & Anchor list of perks but can't find the current dollar amount.

Can anyone let us know the dollar amount of the discounts available. I know it varies based on the length of the cruise and booking date.

We're planning a Bermuda cruise for August.

Thanks

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

Thanks for the quick reply.

You would either have to use the departure lounge that your traveling companions are using, or choose to meet in the terminal after disembarkation.

Note that there may be a timing issue too. If you are in the Diamond departure lounge, you are implicitly leaving the ship with the Diamond group. This is usually earlier than most other groups. If you want to leave the ship with your other companions, then you should probably stay with them in their departure lounge.

Thank you for the quick and clear answer. But that makes me ask one other question. Can folks below diamond status request disembarkation for around the same time as Diamond? (for the meeting up in the terminal option)

Erika

Thank you for the quick and clear answer. But that makes me ask one other question. Can folks below diamond status request disembarkation for around the same time as Diamond? (for the meeting up in the terminal option)

Erika

Never hurts to ask. I would visit Guest Services yourself about halfway through the cruise and ask if your group can have the same luggage tag numbers.

Edited by clarea