Proposing

bdcuts

Well, as I don't know you or her, it's hard to say ... but here goes.

I'm not sure what kind of cabin you have, or what cruise line, but you could have a nice quiet romantic dinner on your balcony and pop the question.

Maybe have a nice bottle of bubbly on ice.

Have a great cruise.

How about getting the Singers in the Piano Bar or wherever Duos do their thing, to perform a favourite number, and then you take the microphone and propose to the gathered cruisers??????

Seriously--no joke or snarkiness intended--be absolutely certain she's going to accept before you do this in public. I have seen this kind of thing go very, very badly a couple of times in my life in restaurants where I worked, and it was excruciating for everyone.

Edited by Langoustine

My son had it all planned out how and where he wanted to propose. The night before the plan, they were strolling the deck before dinner and he looked at her and proposed. That was the "moment". Spontaneous and special.

If you are going to do it in public please make sure she is okay with strangers watching a very personal moment. I'm not sure I'd like that moment shared with 50 other people. Me and him. Then I made him do it again on one knee in front of my step kids for backup/proof. :D No backing out after that. Must have worked, we been together for 40 years (married 38).

Run away..... don't do it....

Just kidding... I would ask your soon to be fiance to go out on the top of the ship at sunset drop down to a knee and ask... good luck!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

I'm no fan of public marriage proposals. I go to a lot of baseball games and witness frequent scoreboard proposals. Most result in a happy "Yes!" from the delighted future bride. But some end with the woman running away in embarrassment. Please be very, very, sure that your intended would want such a display before you set up a public proposal.

This is a very special and private moment for the two of you. The private balcony dinner or walk at sunset sound like excellent suggestions.

How about getting the Singers in the Piano Bar or wherever Duos do their thing, to perform a favourite number, and then you take the microphone and propose to the gathered cruisers??????

Please, please, I was not being serious!!!!!

how about when you guys are all dresses up and tell her you want a picture on the stairs or wherever they are taking them that night and pop it as the picture is taken, you may have to get to the photographer first though.

or get the steward to make you 2 swans towel animals and put the ring between them , when she comes in the room pop the question

Where are your ports of call? Don't neglect the romance of your ports.

I proposed to my fiancé on a cruise this past December. It wasn't actually on the ship though. My friend who also proposed to his fiancé said this. "Wouldn't you want to go back to where you proposed? If you did it on a ship, it may not be available in 20 years or so". So instead, I did it on one of our excursions. A tour is a great venue as you will be visiting picturesque locations.

What I did was we were on a tour in St. Marten. We had some free time in Marigot and walking on a pier with a backdrop of the sea and mountains. Something told me this was the spot and I proposed. Ironically, we were next to a French sign I later found out said "this is my favorite spot in the world"

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Unless you are both an exhibitionist and extremely confident, you should not do it in public with singing waiters or whatever. Take a few minutes to take her to the highest deck - usually called Observation Deck - at night with only the stars around and ask her then and there.

Give her the chance to show her reaction without worrying about others around.

I saw one at an evening deck party, and she accepted and they were happy, but it actually seems tacky to me to do it with a large crowd of strangers around. It's like saying, "Look at me everybody." I would never ever have wanted that to happen to me. Luckily my husband proposed when it was just the two of us. Sorry if this offends somebody, but I just never like it that way.

And the woman is on the spot and she better have the right reaction or it could be very uncomfortable!

Bdcuts, please come back after your cruise and give us the details. Where, when and how it went. Like I said before, my son proposed on one of our cruises. They then came to dinner and announced to our three tables. It was a happy moment for all - but the proposal was personal.

I offered them a cruise for their honeymoon but apparently "that isn't special". I guess I've taken my kids on too many cruises :rolleyes:. He said he wanted to go somewhere cheap, like Japan or Italy! Ya, okay, sure. I have to admit I caved. I spent a ship load of money on my daughter's wedding so figured I owed my son something. I paid for the flight, the hotels, the train pass and gave them some cash (which they forgot to take). Oh, I picked Italy because it was wayyyy cheaper then Japan.

I'm going on the carnival fantasy in May

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Carnival has some photo packages/ sittings that can be done in the ports of call(or around the ship if you prefer).

The photographer could help you pick a beautiful spot and then photograph the moment. It could be as secluded or crowded as you (meaning: your GF) wants.

Inquire soon after you board as the time slots get taken pretty quick.

Good luck and congrats.

DH proposed to me on a cruise with a little help from the staff. My ring was brought out under domed dessert service at one of the specialty restaurants. We had been give a secluded corner table so it wasn't very public. I don't think anybody but the staff knew & they only knew because they were part of it.

There are lots of ways you can do this depending on what her tastes are.

Public:

• at one of the venues; you may be able to arrange in advance to be one of the couples in the games

• in front of the photographer on formal night to capture her face in the surprise

• at dinner

• on deck

Privately:

• on a secluded deck at sunset or sunrise

• in your cabin

• on the balcony

• on an excursion (be very careful that you don't lose the ring)