Allure how early off ship

Is it "possible"? Yes. Off the ship at 6, through customs by 6:30, catch a cab and at the airport by 6:45. Will something go wrong and throw your timing off? Possibly. :) I'd shoot for 11-12 at the earliest. But I'm kind of conservative.

fyi, just got off the Oasis and we are a family of 4.

Express Departure: 6:15 am

In Cab at: 7:00 am

Miami Airport at 8:00 am

Easily made our 10:00 am flights

No problems, no stress................

IMHO, 8:45 is ridiculously early to book your flight, and 10:30 is not a whole lot better. Unless missing your flight, (and paying any necessary fees to change your tickets, and waiting till you can catch another flight) would not be a problem for you. Yes it is within the realm of possibility to make it. But so is winning the lottery. How much of a gambler are you?

The cruise line posts it earliest recommended time for debarkation day flights (based on ship and airport) as 11:30 for Allure out of Fort Lauderdale. And even that would make me nervous. This is from Royal's web page:

Q: What is the earliest departure time to reserve a flight after the cruise in order to make port/airport connections on time?

Port of Disembarkation: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Earliest Departure Time: 11:30 AM

Edited by Gayle V

Is it possible to make an 8:45 am flight from Ft Lauderdale? If not what is the earliest time would you book.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

10:30am/ we made a 10:20 with time to spare

Edited by setsail

Last Sunday we made a 9:45 fight and were sitting at the gate at 8 AM. There really is no need for people to be so dramatic and compare this to winning the lottery. Yes, sometime things go wrong and there are delays. But most of the time things go right. The folks running the process are not idiots. They are all aware that these ships need to turn over in less than 12 hours. They want things to run on time just as much as we do.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Last Sunday we made a 9:45 fight and were sitting at the gate at 8 AM. There really is no need for people to be so dramatic and compare this to winning the lottery. Yes, sometime things go wrong and there are delays. But most of the time things go right. The folks running the process are not idiots. They are all aware that these ships need to turn over in less than 12 hours. They want things to run on time just as much as we do.

Yes Ocean Boy, The folks running the process are not idiots and they say not to book earlier than 11:30.

Yes Ocean Boy, The folks running the process are not idiots and they say not to book earlier than 11:30.

They also say not to get to the port before 1 or 2 PM for boarding. What time do you show up?

Edited by Ocean Boy

fyi, just got off the Oasis and we are a family of 4.

Express Departure: 6:15 am

In Cab at: 7:00 am

Miami Airport at 8:00 am

Easily made our 10:00 am flights

No problems, no stress................

very good! Nice to hear this. We are a family of 4 and have a 9:40 flight from FLL off the Oasis. But we'll walk off with 2 weeks' luggage and all!

OP: sorry I'm not any help at all. I hope everything works out for you!

Edited by talia-co

Like I said in my previous post. It depends on how much of a gambler the OP is, and whether they are prepared to deal with whatever happens if they don't make it. Only the OP knows the answer to that.

I wish them luck.

I have been on eleven cruises, and of the last 3 one was delayed getting back to port late 2 hours. One took 1 1/5 hours to get through customs, and the last had a problem with customs not releasing the ship for disembarkment until 8.45. GOOD LUCK !!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2009184

Edited by nhraformula00