New Point System Working toward Elite

momofmeg

Yes, what I told you came from the 'horse's mouth," Celebrity. I almost canceled this 5 day cruise then I was so upset. Then I thought, that would be stupid as I got a superb price for this stateroom. We could have switched to RCI Brilliance of the seas and take a similar cruise that same week but our room would be smaller.

I guess I am only thinking along these lines because of what the gal at Celerity told me, that if I took a 7 day cruise in concierge that I would make Elite with this next cruise. However, as I was told by the one poster, it really does not matter if it is one cruise or 2 before I am elite not when it means that about of $$$ to be elite in one cruise. Those extra $$$ can go toward another cruise and I can just make "Elite" then-lol!

As you know I am not a cruiseline loyalist. I switch around, and if we had not accumulated extra points when we took the 12 day Med cruise in a skysuite a couple of years ago and got close to Elite, I would not even be worrying about how many loyalty points I had. I would just be looking forward to the cruise, period.

I just hate to see you not getting what you are entitled to, I'll run it by others just to make sure I'm right. Mom's My Celebrity and a subsequent phone call to Celebrity showed her with 260 points at changeover. She got the 30 bonus points but I can't for the life of me figure out how it came out to 260 with no new cruises involved. It has to be a multiple of 30 which would be 270.

I just hate to see you not getting what you are entitled to, I'll run it by others just to make sure I'm right. Mom's My Celebrity and a subsequent phone call to Celebrity showed her with 260 points at changeover. She got the 30 bonus points but I can't for the life of me figure out how it came out to 260 with no new cruises involved. It has to be a multiple of 30 which would be 270.

25 bonus points were given out, not 30. At the time of the conversion people were reporting that they had been given 25 bonus points. If someone had 8 credits under the old program, this would have been converted to 240 points, and with the 25 bonus would total 265 points. I had 8 credits under the old program and now I have 265 points with the new program. I just looked over a thread where several people stated they got the same thing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1948219&highlight=bonus+points

A 7 day in concierge class is 35 points (7 nights x 5 points = 25). She should have 300 after that cruise if she had 8 credits under the old program. It would be helpful if we knew exactly how many she had before the conversion.

Edited by fortinweb

25 bonus points were given out, not 30. At the time of the conversion people were reporting that they had been given 25 bonus points. If someone had 8 credits under the old program, this would have been converted to 240 points, and with the 25 bonus would total 265 points. I had 8 credits under the old program and now I have 265 points with the new program. I just looked over a thread where several people stated they got the same thing: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthrehead.php?t=1948219&highlight=bonus+points

A 7 day in concierge class is 35 points (7 nights x 5 points = 25). She should have 300 after that cruise if she had 8 credits under the old program. It would be helpful if we knew exactly how many she had before the conversion.

My son received 30 bonus points and so did Mom, I had this conversation in Jan with her on another board. . However, Celebrity is telling her that at the conversion she had 260 points, there are no cruises involved after the conversion, just the conversion from the old system to the new one. I can't figure out where they got 260, it has to be a multiple of 30 under these conditions.

Edited by dkjretired

dkjretired, How many old Capt's Club credits did your mother have before the conversion to the new program?

Was it 8?

It wasn't my mother, it was Momomeg, the op of this thread. She had 8 points which should equal 240 and was given 30. These numbers were all confirmed by her, should b e 270 but somehow Celebrity made it 260. At the time I think she wasn't concerned but it appears now she is looking to possible book a cruise. That ten points could be the difference between Select and Elite. I really encourage her to call Celebrity and complain as to why everything had to be a multiple of 30 and they came up with 260.

OK you wrote just Mom in your previous post so that's why I thought it was your mom.

Even if the OP had 270 points she would still be short 5 points if she does 5 nights in a concierge cabin as she is indicating but a 6 night would do the trick or the 7 night Silhouette cruise but neither are sufficient at her current 260 points. Yes, I would definitely have followed up on that when the conversion happened.

As you may recall from the Capt's Club changes thread I was one of many who were upset that our our fully paid for before the Capt's Club program changes were announced next cruise would be giving new program points instead of old credits. I would all over this with the Capt's Club if it had happened to us.

As it turns out we plan to go mainly with RCI and Princess in the future. In fact instead of doing the three night Century cruise we were considering before that fully paid for before eight nighter we did last month we did a Ruby Princess five night cruise instead that tied in perfectly. We simply had to walk over to terminal 4 from terminal 2 in Port Everglades on on the change over day. Also we've booked a Serenade of the Seas TA instead of the X one we were considering. It certainly didn't help that that the Century cruise we just did was one of the worst cruises we ever done and the Ruby one of the best. That cruise really convince us to go with other other cruiselines rather than with X.

You can read my review at http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=251728

My son received 30 bonus points and so did Mom, I had this conversation in Jan with her on another board. . However, Celebrity is telling her that at the conversion she had 260 points, there are no cruises involved after the conversion, just the conversion from the old system to the new one. I can't figure out where they got 260, it has to be a multiple of 30 under these conditions.

The only ones granted 30 bonus points at conversion, were those who had 7 points under the old program. That became 210, with 30 added, which came to 240.

8 points went to 240 + 25 as above, went to 265.

The only ones granted 30 bonus points at conversion, were those who had 7 points under the old program. That became 210, with 30 added, which came to 240.

8 points went to 240 + 25 as above, went to 265.

I can only go by what she told me, 8 points and was given 30. And my son did have the 210 and got 30. Having 260 makes no sense even if she were given 25.

Edited by dkjretired

We had 9 points at the conversion, we now have 286. I was told this was so 1 more 7 day sailing in any cabin would give us the final 14 points to = our 300, just as that would have = the 10 needed under the old calculations.

Something is missing in how they arrived at the OP's total.

We had 9 points at the conversion, we now have 286. I was told this was so 1 more 7 day sailing in any cabin would give us the final 14 points to = our 300, just as that would have = the 10 needed under the old calculations.

Something is missing in how they arrived at the OP's total.

9x30 =270+25 bonus points should be 295. 286 sounds strange...

I guess they did it different based on where we were at:

we have converted from using a Tier Credit reward system to a Point reward system on 23 NOV 2013

Bonus Points16 BONUS POINTS

Your Credits earned by conversion date:9 CREDITS270 POINTS

Your Total Points Converted:286 POINTS

Edited by wallie5446

By the way I thought I would give you a little FYI that you are probably not aware of. I paid to join the Captains Club back in the early 90s just like many others who have been on this board over the years. So for many it was not absolutely free....

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Celebrity give everyone that paid to join their money back in the way of a coupon that could be used during certain dates?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Celebrity give everyone that paid to join their money back in the way of a coupon that could be used during certain dates?

You are not wrong, everybody was reimbursed who paid to join. It was 2004 I think. Happy sails...

You are not wrong, everybody was reimbursed who paid to join. It was 2004 I think. Happy sails...

There may have been a time sensitive booking credit, but there was no reimbursement if you did not book another cruise. At least not for me.

Thanks I thought I was right. Wonder why those that keep saying that they had to pay to join, always forget to say they got their money back.

We paid to join and have had no coupons or communication from celebrity, this is all news to me. Maybe because we live in UK?

But there are so many that says that they got 25 extra points?? Does it differs dependig on where you live?

You got 25 points if you had 8 points = converted to 240 points in the new program.

Differing bonus points were awarded for different levels; it is believed to ensure an equivalent number of points were required to progress to elite after conversion (given how the change meant that it generally takes longer to progress).

I have been sailing on Celebrity for years. I paid to join the Captains Club when the only real perk was no fee for selecting air flights. Each cruise got you one point....regardless of length. Yes.... I was one of those [people who took 14 night cruises and got one point. Did I care? No. That was the system. I knew it before I paid the $25 for joining. About 10 years later, they introduced concierge class. Then they changed the system. Refunded my original $25 fee which was nice. New system was one point for cruises less than 12 nights, 2 for longer, and an extra point for concierge class or higher. Wow. That meant that ingoing getting points became quicker. Nobody complained. Got back my fee and was able to get to elite faster. The elite perks at that time did not include the breakfasts or evening cocktails. That came later. With each change, the Captains Club got better and better. Nobody complained. Since then I have taken several other cruises. Enjoy the elite perks. I have been elite for many years. I never thought about adding higher levels. Elite perks were very nice. In November, the point/credit change took place. I am still elite. 582 points.....way over elite 300 , far away from elite plus 750 ,and no way in my lifetime even thinking about zenith 3000. Yes the new perks are nice. Anything for nothing is nice. What did change was how people viewed the changes. Now people complained. Now getting points became more difficult for the majority of the cruisers. With the exception of those people in suites, acquiring points to reach new levels became slower. I was recently on a 14 night cruise in January. The chatter at the Captains Club Elite events was the new system....often complaining. That is a major change from previous cruisers. I was quite put off listening to the comments. I may get to elite plus in a few years. In the meantime, I will enjoy the perks as elite and pay for my specialty coffees/teas. I would enjoy those extra internet minutes. Elite Plus perks are not a big deal. Zenith perks are a big deal. Anyone who reaches it deserves that free cruise. I am curious about how many people have achieved that level. Celebrity should feature those people in their ads. Each time the Captains Club changed, there was the opportunity for more perks. For that, Celebrity ought to be thanked.

I am curious about how many people have achieved that level. Celebrity should feature those people in their ads. Each time the Captains Club changed, there was the opportunity for more perks. For that, Celebrity ought to be thanked.

There are now about 50 Zenith members. Two more couples have reached the level recently.

By the way I thought I would give you a little FYI that you are probably not aware of. I paid to join the Captains Club back in the early 90s just like many others who have been on this board over the years. So for many it was not absolutely free....

I really wish the old timers would stop playing that card! It has been detailed many, many times on these boards that after Royal purchased Celebrity and made CC a free program all members who had paid for the privilege were given a credit exceeding what they original paid.

It is very common for those " paid" members to simply ignore this fact when they claim they paid to be in captains club.

Reached Elite last year after several cruises with balconies of 10-15 day duration. I am thrilled with the perks we receive & will never achieve a higher status & that is fine. We will never book a suite because of the cost but certainly don't begrudge those that do. We utilize the laundry perks & for the first time this February on a 14 day we used some of the internet package. We received drink vouchers in place of the cocktail event & we readily enjoyed them at different venues. We do not frequent Captain Club events because of the tiresome complaining from many [ not all ] about what they have or don' t have.

We have only sailed on Celebrity & HAL so maybe this grumbling about benefits occurs on all cruise lines .

Congrats to those 50 Zenith members! It is awesome to have reached such a level !