is there a phone problem or are they that busy

mtebor

I have been on hold for almost 1 1/2 hours so I can make my final payment. what is up?

I hung up half hour ago and redialed but still onhold. ugh

Hello!

I know how you feel. One of my family members ended up waiting 2 hours until they got her for just a simple question. On some days like Saturdays and Sundays, they will be that long of a hold. Usually during weekdays they are a little less busy and the wait is not as long.

Hope this helps!

I am trying to make the final payment where i redeemed points. I don't owe that much but the reservation is in my wife's name.

I have another reservation through a online agent for the same ship.

I also have to cancel the trip insurance that I saw on the reservation. I don't recall ordering that as I always go through another online company.

How do I pay online if my wife is not registered? I book our cruises in my name but this time we ended up getting 2 rooms.

thanks

I am trying to make the final payment where i redeemed points. I don't owe that much but the reservation is in my wife's name.

I have another reservation through a online agent for the same ship.

I also have to cancel the trip insurance that I saw on the reservation. I don't recall ordering that as I always go through another online company.

How do I pay online if my wife is not registered? I book our cruises in my name but this time we ended up getting 2 rooms.

thanks

You don't need to be registered. You just need to know the ship, sail date, and booking number. Go to Royal's website and click on Countdown to Cruise on the bottom of the home page.

If that does not work, call Royal's customer service.

Can I be honest here?

Have you read the board here on CC?

People call to find out what color the cushions in room xxxx are because they want their bathing suit to match. Or they want to know who the assistant to the assistant chief engineer on the evening of the third day in the refuse department will be since they want to dumpster dive. I can't believe many of the questions people ask here. I can imagine when they call the reservations department and DEMAND and answer because they are Diamond Plus and should be able to get all this information.

If Royal could simply tell people "I'm sorry, your question is stupid" and hang up, there would not be such a long wait time. JMHO.

Also in many cases reps on the consumer line also answer the TA line...and sometimes they pull people from resolutions to cover reservations.

Plus..everything agents need to do cannot be done on line so a call must be made...toss in wave season..."kids" sail free...stupid IT stuff changing fares or taxes or whatever...and the usual.."who is the captain/CD/HD chief bottle washer calls..."

I have waited on hold an hour and then had the issue take over an hour to fix as the rep had to call resolutions....

Honestly...it's gotten worse in the last 6+ months and I do not see it getting better....:mad::rolleyes::confused::eek:

Sent from my Galaxy S3, somewhere in the galaxy