Towel Animals on Princess? Yes, No or maybe?

Nightowl11

It is unusual for them to do towel animals. It is not a Princess thing. I can remember only once having it done. It was a monkey and it freaked my grandson out and we had to hide it in the closet LOL. I would much rather have them do their work and go on rest than spend an extra hour working because someone wants towel animals.

Now, that said, we were on a cruise when my DS was around 6 YO, my DD was 11 YO. It was a cruise to Alaska. We bought cute teddy bears in the gift shop and then walking polar bears in Alaska. We come back to the cabin one night and Stewart has put them all in a line with the walking ones chasing the others. It was very funny. Every night he rearranged them.

Some cabin stewards who know how to do tower animals will somrtimes do them for chilren in their area, but that is an extra, no part of the regular service.

Oddly enough, some Princess cruises do have a class in making towel animals .

I just read on another post that Princess does not do towel animals. Another post said, yes they will but you must request them. What experiences have you had regarding getting towel animals on Princess?
No, no towel animals on Princess. Never had one on Princess, don't want it. If you request a towel animal and your cabin steward does it, that's a special request. I'd tip extra for that.

Haven't seen any.

Like to have them for the extra towels.

On my HAL cruise last fall each night I would just remove the creation from my bed and leave it more or less intact on the nightstand or chair. My steward would then hide it behind the curtains in the morning and return the same towel in a slightly revised fashion (with fresh paper eyes) to the bed that night. I later learned that the stewards on HAL are given a specific stash of towels to use for animals which are not to be sent to the laundry, so if you use said towel for its original purpose your would not get to see the full menagerie.

...so short answer for the OP is "by request" but unless steward has extras you may have one less on the bathroom rack.

We had towel animals on the Crown sailing out of Southampton last year.

The first time we had ever had them on Princess, as I agree it is not a Princess thing.

There had been an issue with our room steward, and I think the new steward left to let us know there had been a good change. We had a pair of kissing swans, and some little birds.

I just read on another post that Princess does not do towel animals. Another post said, yes they will but you must request them. What experiences have you had regarding getting towel animals on Princess?

During an Alaska round trip from Seattle on the Golden Princess in August last year we found Towel Animals on the beds of our four grandchildren (ages 1 through 9) on two occasions. The children were thrilled and we made sure that they thanked our stateroom attendant for being so kind. It was a wonderful touch that I wish we would see more of.

In all my cruises with Princess the ONLY time I got towel animals was when I was traveling with DD and her four kids. The three oldest were in my cabin and the little one was with DD and her hubby. Each cabin got towel animals and the kids loved them.

That steward was Marvi and it was on the Emerald, 2010. He was great!

I've never had a towel animal on Princess. Actually, I think the stewards have quite enough to do nowadays without bothering about towel animals.

Agreed! I would never request my already busy steward to make towel animals, but if traveling with my kids and the steward decided to do it on his/her own as a treat for the kids? That would deserve extra tips and one of the Consummate Host cards.

On our cruise on the Golden this past Sep we had no towel animals. This was our 1st cruise with Princess & I was a bit surprised, as we had them almost every day on Holland & RC. I did not mind NOT having them, I was just surprised. I agree that the room stewards work hard & are busy enough, I would rather they focus their time on other things than towel animals.

On my HAL cruise last fall each night I would just remove the creation from my bed and leave it more or less intact on the nightstand or chair.
I had a really bad experience on another line (not HAL) where the cabin steward went through the drawers to find something to put on the animal. Ever since then, if I get a towel animal, I throw it in the corner or in the trash, even on HAL although HAL is very good about not using your stuff to "decorate" the animal. An over-reaction, I know, but I felt so violated when someone went through my drawers and took my personal stuff that I can't stand the thought of a towel animal. Edited by Pam in CA