Where do you eat every day?

forceten

We almost always eat breakfasts and dinners in Blu because we enjoy the food and ambiance so much, plus it's less chaotic than MDR. For lunch we either eat at Bistro on 5, MDR or have burgers poolside. Sometimes we do a room service breakfast if we have a shore excursion planned. We may have one lunch in the buffet during a cruise, but not always. We usually try one specialty restaurant for dinner while onboard. IMO the food is good everywhere on the ship, so there is no wrong answer.

Enjoy your cruise. I'm sure it will be the first of many.

One or two of you mentioned that some of the specialty restaurants do offer lunch. Is lunch discounted? or is it still full price of around $45 a person?

It should be discounted. On Reflection last month they served lunch one day at the Lawn Club Grill (San Juan day) and it was $25, instead of the $45 they charge for dinner. Same menu, same amount of food, just less $ for lunch.

Can I add to all the great advice that you should keep an eye on the Buffet if you are back from port mid - late afternoon as it changes. Lunch finishes about 3pm, then they do afternoon tea type sandwiches and honey scones etc..., then at about 5.30pm they start with Sushi if that interests you.

Now I know someone will correct my timings but you get the idea.

Happy cruising.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Love reading all of your posts! I think I'm getting a bit addicted to reading the cruise critic boards :)

Another question after reading the last set of posts. Since we were already getting blu with our cruise we weren't sure if we were going to try any specialty restaurant (at least not our first cruise). With so many other options on a 7 day cruise.

One or two of you mentioned that some of the specialty restaurants do offer lunch. Is lunch discounted? or is it still full price of around $45 a person?

A lot of our local restaurants that we like to eat at have lunch we will do that for less money. We get the same food as dinner time, maybe slightly smaller portions but most times like 40% off dinner prices. Going to lunches a lot means we can eat out more and not spend as much. But still get the same great food.

If no go for less for lunch - for those that went aqua I heard they offer a discount sometimes the first night of instead of eating at blu to try a specialty restaurant. Not sure how much they give off, but have you guys taken them up and gone to dinner at one the first night?

Hi,:) you need to ask if they are having lunch in one of the Specialty

Restaurants. It is not "a given" that it will be offered. It is normally

$$ than dinner. I have been to Tuscan before for lunch...it was 25.00

and delicous:)

Edited by Lois R

Since you're paying extra to sail in Aqua Class, I'm not sure why you don't want to eat in Blu. It's much quieter and way more peaceful than the main dining room. Just my 2 cents, but when I'm sailing in AQ or a suite, I always eat breakfast and dinner in Blu. Unless I'm using a free specialty dinner that comes with the suite.

Hi,:) you need to ask if they are having lunch in one of the Specialty

Restaurants. It is not "a given" that it will be offered. It is normally

$$ than dinner. I have been to Tuscan before for lunch...it was 25.00

and delicous:)

Ooops....I should have said it is normally LESS money than dinner!:)

Since you're paying extra to sail in Aqua Class, I'm not sure why you don't want to eat in Blu. It's much quieter and way more peaceful than the main dining room. Just my 2 cents, but when I'm sailing in AQ or a suite, I always eat breakfast and dinner in Blu. Unless I'm using a free specialty dinner that comes with the suite.

Oh we will be eating in blu, and depending on how good it is probably a lot (I assume they change the menu each day?). But a friend of ours said we should keep looking at the MDR and when we see something we like one dinner time to give it a try at least one time just to experience it.

Oh we will be eating in blu, and depending on how good it is probably a lot (I assume they change the menu each day?). But a friend of ours said we should keep looking at the MDR and when we see something we like one dinner time to give it a try at least one time just to experience it.

The menu is always posted outside the MRD just after lunch. Good idea to take a look at the menu to see if there's something exciting you want to try. Experience it all, so you know what you want to do the next time!

The menu is always posted outside the MRD just after lunch. Good idea to take a look at the menu to see if there's something exciting you want to try. Experience it all, so you know what you want to do the next time!

Good advice, try it all.:D

Our first cruise coming up this June, Summit..........

I see lots and lots of different places to eat and I am a bit confused. What do you guys usually do each day? I see all of these choices I think

Room Service

Main Dining room (is this just for dinner or is there lunch and breakfast too?)

Blu (we booked aqua) Looks like Breakfast and dinner only

3 specialty Restaurants (just for dinner?)

Cafe Al Bacio (not sure if its just drinks or there is food too)

Bistro on 5? This a breakfast/lunch place?

Not sure if i missed anyplace. I know we can mix things up each day, but aren't sure what to start off with the first few days. I know we will try blu at least once for breakfast and once for dinner (more if we like it). Do you guys eat at the buffet for lunch usually? Or where do you eat lunches at?

Is there any days with a brunch at all?

I know we can ask to try the MDR for a dinner and plan too also.

I agree with so many of the earlier posts, I almost hesitated to reply . . . favorites: on port days (especially early port days) you can't beat breakfast on your balcony. We have been Concierge Class, but never AQ so I cannot compare anything to Blu.

Definitely I would plan (one of the few meals I would actually plan) to have lunch on embarkation day at Bistro on 5 . . . we love Bistro, and avoiding the chaotic buffet area on embarkation day is a good thing.

As stated many times, the pool grill's burgers and fries are great . . . but they also do a super grilled chicken sandwich and turkey burger if that is of interest.

Afternoon coffee or hot tea was a favorite at Cafe al Bacio last fall (of course it was Canada in the fall) . . . along with a biscotti or sweet treat.

Main thing: enjoy yourself and relax . . . you are on vacation!

We haven't done AQ, so never been in Blu.

We mix it up. It's a cruise tradition for us to head to the buffet as soon as we get on the ship. Room service at least once for breakfast and dinner, more if we have a larger balcony. If we have a special occasion, the Normandie (the specialty restaurant on Summit) for dinner. Always in the MDR for formal nights. Breakfast one day in the MDR, otherwise go to the buffet (waffles!:)) and either eat there or load up a couple of plates and bring them back to the cabin/balcony. Lunch in port on port days, either buffet or grill if on the ship.

Normandie has a special the first night on board, so you might want to take advantage that night if you want to try it.

I think many who are recommending the MDR for breakfast or dinner haven't been in Blu. The atmosphere in Blu is quieter, much more like a specialty restaurant. There are times when the dinner menu in Blu seems strange or intimidating but we've done Aqua class 5 times now and never even consider eating in the MDR and rarely go to a specialty restaurant. This past cruise I was thinking of ordering off the always available menu. The waiter suggested the salad entree. I was somehow thinking it would be cold lamb mixed in a salad. Ha. It was three perfectly grilled HOT lamb chops with a balsamic glaze served with a salad on the side- just no potato or starch.

For lunch we always have one meal in Bistro on Five, the other days we split between the hamburger grill, Aqua Spa Cafe, or the Panini station at the buffet.

I will have to remember that. ;)
Sorry, I phrased that incorrectly and left out the most important part.

Let me try it again.

In the morning there are the famous Celebrity Texed waffles with your choice of toppings at the back of the buffet, :D