Doggie bags??

Yes, you can take food back to your cabin but there will not be a way to heat it up. I've seen people (although not often) with take out containers leaving the dining room.

I like to get cookies from the buffet and keep them in my cabin for a late night snack.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I am one who does not like to waste food. I just order what I can eat. I all ways never have food left over on my plate. If I get hungry during the day, the ship has plenty of food for me to get something to eat.

For real? There is food 24 hours a day, in every corner of the ship and you want doggie bags? I understand you pay extra in the specialty restaurant but when and how woukd you eat what is in the doggie bag? Enjoy the food when you are hungry and eating. . . . There will always be more!

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

How are you going to reheat the food? How are you going to keep it from spoiling. The refrigerators are cool, but many are not cold enough for safe food storage. They're fine for bottled drinks, but I wouldn't want to eat leftovers that was stored there. Then you'd have to order plates and silverware (or eat with your hands). Sounds like a lot of trouble to go through when you're never more than a few steps away from a buffet anyway.

We usually get our dessert to go when dining in specialty restaurants.

DH prefers his for a late night snack, I usually eat mine while reading the compass for the next day.

My Birthday was the last night of the cruise. Went to Chops for my Dinner but since it was the last night and we needed to give out our tip envelopes, we told our table mates we would come in to Main Dining room before they were done with their meal.

I was stuffed from Chops but as soon as our wait staff realized we were there they brought me a full plate of little flourless chocolate cakes. They went back to the cabin with us in a carry out tray and we snacked on them while getting our bags ready to be put out for disembarkation.

We had such a wonderful wait staff, along with the ones that were stationed around us that my husband had been joking with since the beginning of the cruise I had about 15 waiters singing happy birthday to me.

One cruise we left the dining room early (before dessert) and a little while later there was a knock at the door. Our waiter had sent our dessert to our room! He just knew we'd like it (now I don't remember what it was) but we so appreciated him doing that.

After that I realized it was easy to ask for the desserts "to go". What's served in the MDR is much better than what you can get in the WJ or any other venue later at night.

Does RCI offer doggie bags to take uneaten food back to your cabin with you if you don't eat it all? Going on Allure in April.

Simple answer to your question is yes. They will put the plastic to go lid over your plate and you can take it back to your room.

You are going to be on the amazing Allure though. So if I can tell you from experience, the only thing you are going to want to take back to your room is desert.

You have to check out royals website and click on the dining page but Sorrentos is open 24hours and so is Cafe Promenade.

Cafe Promenade has sandwiches and deserts all the time. Twice a week they have a fresh mozzarella sandwich with tomato and basil.. I'll be getting 20 of those during my cruise April 27th...

When are you traveling?

Echoing what other posters have said, you can bring food back to the room. I've found, though, that portions are generally right sized. Enough for you to fill up, but also to clean your plate. I would say you might enjoy getting small meals/portions at the dining venues, and then getting a freshly prepared snack when you are hungry.

A couple of times we decided to take our desserts back to our cabin after deciding that we had eaten too much in the MDR. Our server just placed one of those plastic dome covers over our dish, gave us fresh silverware wrapped in a napkin and we were on our way.

Just one other time after receiving our main entrée we decided that we just couldn't take that screaming toddler that night so we asked if we could take our meal back to our cabin. Again, out came the dome and fresh silverware.

Of course this wasn't left overs and we were planning on eating it right away so we didn't have to worry about not having a way to reheat it later.

When a companion was absent from the table, I have seen people given a covered plate, presumably to take to the room for the ill/sleepy/busy/whatever companion.

We have taken dessert to go once or twice over the years...something that sounded good but we were too full to eat immediately.

Yes you can, you can also go to the MDR at breakfast and get food off the buffet. Just ask the wait staff for utensils and a cover for the plate and you can take it wherever you like and eat it. I did this several times for my teenage kids who like to sleep in. The MDR is only open for 2 hours for breakfast.

Does RCI offer doggie bags to take uneaten food back to your cabin with you if you don't eat it all? Going on Allure in April.

If I take anything back to my cabin, it is desserts. I enjoy a bowl of fruit a few hours after dinner usually, so I ask the waiter for a fruit plate (or a bowl of just cut up fruit), to take back to the cabin. Pop it frig (really a cooler) and it is great for later in the evening. We generally order a light room service breakfast before heading to the gym, coffee and cold cereals, so if we don't finish the fruit the night before, we have it with breakfast.

Just a suggestion, sign up for the Roll Call and Meet and Mingle for your April cruise on Allure. I have found it fun to meet (on line and in person) some of the others on the cruise.

For anyone cruising on the June 29 sailing of Allure.....sign up for the Roll Call and the Meet and Mingle. I find it fun to meet a few of the people on the cruise with me....there are no requirements to do anything with anyone, you meet.

Edited by Paulette3028

I often bring food back to the cabin for a snack. It's mostly due to laziness on my part because I don't want to fetch something later. When I go to lunch, I usually don't want dessert then so I may grab a few cookies, fruit, or cheese and crackers from WJ to eat on the balcony as an afternoon snack. It seems perfectly reasonable to me.

I've asked for a piece of the mudpie from Chops to go. I'm usually too full to eat more than a bite or two with dinner and it's too yummy to waste!

...portions are generally right sized. Enough for you to fill up, but also to clean your plate...
If I recall correctly, some years ago portions were much larger. I applaud the portion reductions, eliminating a substantial food waste. They will readily bring you a second if you really want one.:rolleyes:

Thom

The fridge (cooler, really) in your cabin does not keep food at a safe temperature. I got sick once from doing this and I would not recommend anyone keep anything perishable in there. Just a heads up. :)

Our "cooler" on Vision last June froze the deviled eggs that the WJ Chef made for us!:eek: So, as far as temperature goes, all coolers are not the same.