What would you do? Jewel OTS Question

Hi,

I am booking a D1 balcony on Jewel for Alaska, I can book either 9078 (by the lift on the 'hump' (ish) with a larger balcony) or 8672 (aft with larger balcony). We like both mid ship and aft, we dont get sea sick nor do we mind a walk to the lift .. but we would mind an obstructed view and soot !

I just cant decide - please can you share your thoughts with me, what would you go for ? Got to go with ne or other within 24 hours !!

Thanks in advance for your helpful replies :)

Jean

.. but we would mind an obstructed view and soot !

With 9078, you will be obstructed. We just got off Serenade (sister ship) and had 9240. We could clearly see that the people in 9092 (just on the other side of the elevator, as you can see - same configuration as the cabin in question, just looking the other way) could not see anything to their right. I remember saying to my husband, I'm glad we don't have that cabin as I think it would be frustrating not to be able to see. The bigger balcony is nice I guess, but IMO it's not worth deliberately choosing an obstructed view.

Cannot speak to an aft cabin but they seem to be very well loved on this board.

Have fun. Jewel is wonderful. :)

Take the aft #8672...however in the time you've spent asking this it may be gone...the afts usually book quickly...We always feel lucky to have one..especially the corner ones when we can get them..We have # 8168 for our May 2014 Alaska cruise....Best of luck.

Edited by Ashland

Neither cabin has an obstructed view, but the views from the stern are mesmerizing. And you should see little to no spot, since the Radiance class ships burn cleaner fuel most of the time and only use the Diesel engines while in port of of they need an extra boost.

Edited by critterchick

Ha !

I knew I could get valuable advice on here! thank you so much.. very useful and particularly useful comment from Karen re the obstructed view.

I put a hold on 8672, so I will now ring up and book it tomorrow

Thanks again for your helpful comments :)

Jean

In reading this thread I decided to look at aft balconies. My question is what category are aft balconies? I couldn't get the booking to work. I was looking at Serenade and trying to get feel for cost. Is it a regular balcony or a JS?

Thanks for any info.

Reading about re-catogorizing the cabins makes me wonder if 2 can book an aft.

In reading this thread I decided to look at aft balconies. My question is what category are aft balconies? I couldn't get the booking to work. I was looking at Serenade and trying to get feel for cost. Is it a regular balcony or a JS?

Thanks for any info.

Reading about re-catogorizing the cabins makes me wonder if 2 can book an aft.

8672 is a standard balcony (D1/D2). Not a JS but balcony is size of a GS. 2 can def book.