Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Great photos, but those overhead shots really illustrate how silly-small the pool is on the new NCL builds.

There is so much "stuff" up top it looks like there's barely any room left for people! I hope it doesn't feel that way. Time will tell...

Here is the press release on the Escape website. I cannot quote the text on my tablet, so post the link. There is a CC article posted, but figured it would also be appropriate here.

Highlight is conveyance down River Ems set for Sept. 16 (weather permitting,) and delivery on Oct. 22.

http://escape.ncl.com/the_Latest/norwegian-escape-floats-out-from-building-dock

Does anyone know if the Escape will have the climbing wall? I figured it would as the aways do, but have seen no info posted to verify.:confused:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't. There is a ropes course with zip line and some cool water slides though!

Hi Guys, I,m 88 days out and I can't see any entertainment, I was looking to book the dinner show and a meal on different nights.

Does anyone know when the show will be able to reserve?

That's disappointing to hear. Please keep us all updated.

When I purchased my specialty dining package it was called the 7 DAY specialty dining program and now NCL has renamed it the 7 MEAL specialty dining program. I called NCL to ask if I go to Pincho tapas (which is discounted on the plan) for a pre show app and then go to an included restaurant for post show full dinner, am I using two of my seven meals in the same day? They had no answer for me..... Would like feedback from this group please.

Catnapper7, thanks so much for posting this here, on the Everything Escape thread, because its one that I subscribe to!

I just got off the phone with NCL customer service. Since they switched to the SDP, my wife and I have been thinking about our plan for meals, to determine how many DAYS to purchase. As noted by Catnapper7, it was originally DAYS, not MEALS. Now, our plan, which I was going to purchase for today, gets thrown out the window. As noted by others, the plan is now number of MEALS, not number of DAYS (multiple meals per day). They effectively doubled the price of SDP per day, if not more.

However, the rep said that since I booked back in January, I could ask to have my booking promo switched from OBC to UDP (the old plan). So I'll think about that for a day. I'm not so sure about the knowledge this guy had though, because he had to ask his manager every question I asked him. He also believes that UDP for a 7-day cruise means we get a total of 4 MEALS per person. So he confused me. I'd have to call back.

Hi Guys, I,m 88 days out and I can't see any entertainment, I was looking to book the dinner show and a meal on different nights.

Hi,

I was on with NCL customer service late last evening re: something else and asked about entertainment. The rep, who was very nice, said she could see Supper Club and After Midnight on her screen but could not bring up times or days-- even for information-- so I wouldn't double book specialties and shows. She acknowledged that it "should have" been available to book. Her advice was to "just check again in a couple of days." :rolleyes:

I also had very little confidence in what I heard from the NCL rep when I called. She kept putting me on hold to "check with someone". She told me it was really a non issue since all the specialty restaurants were only open for dinner so I wouldn't be going to more than one daily. Well, according to the NCL pdf list of all the ships and restaurants, Bayamo is listed as serving lunch and dinner. Also, she couldn't tell me if the venues with the discounted upcharge such as the Supper Club and Pincho Tapas would count as one of my 7 MEALS. I also told her with the new "enhanced menu" (the option of choosing the number of courses) that NCL has developed, I very well could go to a specialty restaurant more than once in the same evening - once for an app, once for a dinner, once for dessert, etc. She said people don't do that. I said that's because your "enhanced menu" has never been an option on previous cruises. The conclusion of this non helpful exchange with my "NCL personal cruise consultant" was to ask after I get on the ship!

Catnapper7, thanks so much for posting this here, on the Everything Escape thread, because its one that I subscribe to!

I just got off the phone with NCL customer service. Since they switched to the SDP, my wife and I have been thinking about our plan for meals, to determine how many DAYS to purchase. As noted by Catnapper7, it was originally DAYS, not MEALS. Now, our plan, which I was going to purchase for today, gets thrown out the window. As noted by others, the plan is now number of MEALS, not number of DAYS (multiple meals per day). They effectively doubled the price of SDP per day, if not more.

However, the rep said that since I booked back in January, I could ask to have my booking promo switched from OBC to UDP (the old plan). So I'll think about that for a day. I'm not so sure about the knowledge this guy had though, because he had to ask his manager every question I asked him. He also believes that UDP for a 7-day cruise means we get a total of 4 MEALS per person. So he confused me. I'd have to call back.

So sorry, I forgot to include quote I was responding to.

We are on the TA Oct 29 and booked After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet by calling NCL. We could have booked "For the Record" at the Supper Club also but since we purchased the UDP we only get a 25% discount ($26.54 pp)instead of the $15 upcharge ($17.70pp) those with the SDP get so I didn't bother to book it. I may or may not book it onboard. (As of right now we still do not show any entertainment available on MyNCL.)

Edited by peg013

We are on the TA Oct 29 and booked After Midnight and Million Dollar Quartet by calling NCL. We could have booked "For the Record" at the Supper Club also but since we purchased the UDP we only get a 25% discount ($26.54 pp)instead of the $15 upcharge ($17.70pp) those with the SDP get so I didn't bother to book it. I may or may not book it onboard. (As of right now we still do not show any entertainment available on MyNCL.)

The $15 upcharge with SDP is in addition to using one of the SDP days. Therefore the show price would be about $35-ish, depending on the length of the SDP package.

I assume the free UDP promo will also only get the 25% off as well. :(

The $15 upcharge with SDP is in addition to using one of the SDP days. Therefore the show price would be about $35-ish, depending on the length of the SDP package.

And the 25% off price is in addition to purchasing the entire cruise worth of days of specialty restaurants so what is your point? :confused: Either way you are not using a paid for specialty plus a paid for MDR. Unless you are a little piggy and do 2 specialties in the same night that is.

Edited by peg013

And the 25% off price is in addition to purchasing the entire cruise worth of days of specialty restaurants so what is your point? :confused: Either way you are not using a paid for specialty plus a paid for MDR. Unless you are a little piggy and do 2 specialties in the same night that is.
Wow!

My point was that you said the price with SDP was $17 whatever. That is crap math, but I didn't want to say that. Jeesh.

Someone had an extra giant helping of bitchflakes this morning.

Edited by LrgPizza

Wow! My point was that you said the price with SDP was $17 whatever. That is crap math, but I didn't want to say that. Jeesh. Someone had an extra giant helping of bitchflakes this morning.

Don't make me separate you two.:mad:

The "crap math" quote above is indicative of the NCL SDP "scam".

I spent over an hour on the phone with an "NCL personal cruise consultant" again this morning trying to get some satisfaction. They confirmed that the non included places that have the upcharge which is supposedly a discount with the purchased package, are counted as a meal. Therefore, getting an app at Pincho Tapas bar would cost me one of my 7meals plus $7. Or getting a meal at Bayamo would cost me one of my 7 meals plus $15. Are they kidding? What a scam! I told them my receipts from my 6/17/15 purchase say 7 DAYS NOT 7 MEALS and that the terms and conditions I printed as recently as 8/12/15 do not indicate a maximum as they now do. They told me the policy changed on 6/11/15 and when I purchased on 6/17/15, the website just hadn't been updated. Classic bait and switch scam!

The "crap math" quote above is indicative of the NCL SDP "scam".

I spent over an hour on the phone with an "NCL personal cruise consultant" again this morning trying to get some satisfaction. They confirmed that the non included places that have the upcharge which is supposedly a discount with the purchased package, are counted as a meal. Therefore, getting an app at Pincho Tapas bar would cost me one of my 7meals plus $7. Or getting a meal at Bayamo would cost me one of my 7 meals plus $15. Are they kidding? What a scam! I told them my receipts from my 6/17/15 purchase say 7 DAYS NOT 7 MEALS and that the terms and conditions I printed as recently as 8/12/15 do not indicate a maximum as they now do. They told me the policy changed on 6/11/15 and when I purchased on 6/17/15, the website just hadn't been updated. Classic bait and switch scam!

I agree about the crap math...when I purchased my UDP the dinner show was included for the first night - now I'm supposed to pay $26.54 in addition to the $16.90 I already paid per day for the 10 day UDP for a total of $43.44 for a dinner show that costs less than that without a package. :mad: So those with the SDP are still getting a better deal than those with the UDP but they either way it sucks.

Edited by peg013

So I guess I am FreestylePiggy from now on, guilty on doing Cagneys and Bistro on one night on the (old) UDP... :eek:

Why would you be a piggy?

Eat where you want when you want.

The essence of freestyle.

Hey it's in your name.;)

So I guess I am FreestylePiggy from now on, guilty on doing Cagneys and Bistro on one night on the (old) UDP... :eek:

LOL, FreestylePiggy! :D :) :D I could be FreestylePeggy!

Edited by peg013