Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Is the only advantage with the angled cabin the fact that you get a tiny bit more balcony room?

I booked a BX (balcony guarantee) and they already assigned me a room, but it's a regular balcony stateroom 12136.

Can I call NCL directly and request one of the angled balconies or do I have to have my TA make that call?

If you booked through a TA they probably have to make that call. As far as I know the room is the same size, but we enjoy sitting on the balcony and if we can't have an aft, the little extra leg room on the angle is worth asking for to us.

Great pics! Thank you for those.

Looks like one thing ESCAPE won't have that the "away" ships have are the windows built into the aft decks of The Waterfront. I thought that was sort of a fun feature on GETAWAY, looking down to the water below. The extra width of the ESCAPE hull means The Waterfront doesn't extend outward beyond the hull like it does on the "away" ships.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about on GETAWAY.

[pic]

Nice finding, she appears to be different in many more ways than her older sisters. Also her bulbous bow is much sharper lined, she looks fast!

I'm getting excited for traveling on the Escape transatlantic. This will be the second time I've been on a brand new ship immediately after launch (I sailed the Solstice Inaugural). I expect there to be glitches here and there, but embrace that as part of the experience of sailing a brand new vessel. I've gotten a little down on NCL lately with all the rapid fire policy changes and fee changes. I'm trying to look past them and going to have the mindset that this will be an enjoyable cruise experience. The pictures and updates from the shipyard are a BIG boost, so please keep them coming :D

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

BX is a guarantee balcony if you want specific cabin costs more

I booked BX8710 for the Thanksgiving cruise on the escape. There are four allotted BX cabins at the very front of deck 8. When they are gone, and they go fast, then BX becomes a guarantee balcony. I really hoping that these four cabins have a big balcony as they do on the 'away ships. I've booked the same cabin for a March 2016 Escape cruise so have a lot riding on it!

I booked BX8710 for the Thanksgiving cruise on the escape. There are four allotted BX cabins at the very front of deck 8. When they are gone, and they go fast, then BX becomes a guarantee balcony. I really hoping that these four cabins have a big balcony as they do on the 'away ships. I've booked the same cabin for a March 2016 Escape cruise so have a lot riding on it!

I really think you're gonna be okay. Go back to post #1766 of this thread and look at that first picture. To me it looks like those cabins are the same as the Away ships. There also appears to be some balcony dividers starting to go up on that same picture. I think you made a great choice!

I think you made a great choice!

The picture does look that way, plus the NCL illustration depicts a big balcony also. I'll write a brief pictorial review of the cabin when I get back. Funnily enough I also have cabin 8710 on the Getaway in a few weeks! I should play the lotto with that number and see what happens...

Thanks tarps14!

Are there any renderings out there that show the proposed setup for the cabins when it comes to bed by the balcony or the bed by the closet arrangement? I doubt we would give up our cabin at this point, but I'm curious since most people seem to prefer the bed by the balcony.

11sgzs1.jpg

Cut out of the Meyer Werft FB pic

finally a good shot showing the M6's are larger balconies as they are ssupposed to be! Next time please ask them to move the big green crane so i can see my actual cabin and large balcony. :cool: ;)

11sgzs1.jpg

Cut out of the Meyer Werft FB pic

looking at this pic. I am in 14106. It looks like its not a good room? The bridge is on top of it and the hangout from the bridge is on top the the balcony too. :(

looking at this pic. I am in 14106. It looks like its not a good room? The bridge is on top of it and the hangout from the bridge is on top the the balcony too. :(

Switch to a different H7 if you can. This is the view from 13106 on Getaway, which is located directly beneath the bridge. Not only is it an enclosed balcony, the bridge wing blocks most of the sky. The cameras beneath the bridge also get a view directly into the cabin, which may make some passengers uncomfortable.

IMG_0911_zpsbqphpwxp.jpg

IMG_0895_zpsssrlzyyx.jpg

IMG_0910_zpssa6hjbz8.jpg

The problem is worse on Escape, since the longer bridge wings will be supported by exterior struts (highlighted in red) to help reduce vibration. In layman's terms, there will also be a giant pole blocking your view.

bridge_zps7sb3olpd.jpg

Seems so yeah, even if the first regular balcony is yours the bridge still blocks a lot. :(

Switch to a different H7 if you can. This is the view from 13106 on Getaway, which is located directly beneath the bridge. Not only is it an enclosed balcony, the bridge wing blocks most of the sky. The cameras beneath the bridge also get a view directly into the cabin, which may make some passengers uncomfortable.

IMG_0911_zpsbqphpwxp.jpg

IMG_0895_zpsssrlzyyx.jpg

IMG_0910_zpssa6hjbz8.jpg

The problem is worse on Escape, since the longer bridge wings will be supported by exterior struts (highlighted in red) to help reduce vibration. In layman's terms, there will also be a giant pole blocking your view.

bridge_zps7sb3olpd.jpg

Thank you so much for the info. Unfortunately, all the H7 are gone. Can't switch at the moment. this is a big bummer.

I wonder if the Escape is behind schedule. I ask this because both the BA & GA construction were ahead at this point, when you factor in days out from delivery.

I backtracked from both previous ships being 5 months from actual delivery date. Hull art was well under way, interior fittings where started, and ship exterior was completely painted and superstructure was done.

Now if you factor in the larger size of Escape. They should be further along. Ship should be ready for float out.