Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Be careful though many mini-suites do not have bathtubs, other than the tub, almost zero difference.

The mini-suites without bathtubs have spa showers with six jets and much higher water pressure. The shower stall itself is also much larger than the ones in standard balcony cabins.

Escape will also have the same configuration of three 3 mw Brunvoll bow thrusters as Breakaway and Getaway, which is odd considering how much more sail area she's adding with those extra decks. Quantum is roughly the same size as Escape, but has 50% more power with four 3.5 mw units. I hope Escape will behave with strong gusts! :eek::p

Maybe you can find the info on the HP of the thrusters on Escape. The 3.0 MW vs. 3.5 is a huge difference. The QoTS has almost 5k HP. I wonder if the thrusters on Escape have more HP then the Quantum.

Maybe you can find the info on the HP of the thrusters on Escape. The 3.0 MW vs. 3.5 is a huge difference. The QoTS has almost 5k HP. I wonder if the thrusters on Escape have more HP then the Quantum.

Horsepower and watts are just both units of measuring power. To get from watts to horsepower, you can use the conversion hp = w/746.

Escape will have three Brunvoll FU115 LTC 3000 thrusters. Quantum uses the same model (FU115 LTC 3000), but hers are at the maximum end of the power range, and she has four rather than just three. Instead of having a fourth thruster, Escape (and also Breakaway/Getaway) have a smaller fourth tunnel that allows water to flow through the hull. This decreases resistance as the thrusters push the bow sideways.

11154990_1578015009128258_5605578446730305357_o_zps875slccp.jpg

Of course, NCL saved a lot of money by buying fewer and less powerful units, but it'll be sufficient (assuming everything works). The benefit to taking Royal Caribbean's approach and "overbuilding" their ships is that there's more redundancy when things go awry. During the first few months in service, Quantum had a recurring issue with one of her bow thrusters that frequently prevented its use. Since Quantum had an overabundance of thruster power, it didn't really matter. I doubt Escape would fare as well under the same circumstances.

Edited by barnacle_boy

Are people allowed to smoke on that aft area of the Waterfront? If so and if booked in a low floor aft, I wouldn't want to be so close with no awning.

On Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway, smoking on The Waterfront will be permitted on the starboard side, except by the outdoor dining areas.

It's not "allowed" in that area on the Away ships. The only area of the waterfront from the official NCL smoking policy is above.

How big an area that is I don't know but outdoor dining areas on Escape are all over that side, except around the 5 o'clock somewhere bar.

on the port side the only area, assuming the District Brew house has food, is the Cellars Wine bar, and I highly doubt smoking will be outside a wine bar.

does anyone know if this ship will have a howl at the moon bar just loved it on the epic and i see they have it on the getaway. I dont see it listed but was hoping it was:o

Word is that there will not be one on the Escape. I enjoyed it on the Getaway, but understand they want to add new things.

How many spaces are left unaccounted for in the deck plans, will there be any new spaces revealed anytime soon, will we have to wait for the inaugural or will this not happen at all?

Didn't the BA have some unnamed space that never materialized? At this point I would not expect any surprises.

Sometimes when deck plans are released the shipyard/architectural layout may include areas that may be changed due to structural limitations that may be necessary during the construction process.

Such things like pipes, conduit, wiring ect can result in these changes to certain spaces. This happened with QoTS, in an early deck plan release structural changes had to be made to an area in the lido due to an anticipated change.

I remember reading that too....I think the contract wasn't renewed, maybe??

Have we established how that space will be used at night without Howl? I can't remember if that's something we know or not. Of course, some nights there will be comedy shows, etc.

I remember reading that too....I think the contract wasn't renewed, maybe??

I've not heard anything about Howl going from the Epic and Away class ships, so I don't think it necessarily means contracts haven't been renewed.

More likely a decision to alter the entertainment offered. That makes sense to give people more variety between ships.

Wow

If this is a new policy may have to consider another cruise!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2213057

Pretty much every cruise line that has a good amount of kids onboard has the same policy... You can't expect them to have room for 400 kids. We only had 100 on our Pearl sailing and it never was even brought up.

I imagine that it's akin to the Vibe - only so many places, and the desire to provide quality service to those who get a place. Unfortunately, they're victims of their own success. As someone who's been to the Vibe, I have to say that I agree with the limited sales.

Not cancelling our cruise on the Escape AND we are bringing our children, ages 14 and 11. The new policy about the Kids Club is o.k. for us.

Well that's good. If my kids were that age I too might agree with you, but they are not.

Last I will say here on that, now back to the building of the Escape. :cool:

I imagine that it's akin to the Vibe - only so many places, and the desire to provide quality service to those who get a place. Unfortunately, they're victims of their own success. As someone who's been to the Vibe, I have to say that I agree with the limited sales.

I wonder if passes to vibe automatically come with the haven, I've heard yes from some people and no from others

Correct....no passes included with the Haven on the Breakaway or Getaway - but we did enjoy that area when it was included with the Haven on the Epic!

Well hopefully if they let Haven guests board early I'll be able to get the pass