Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If you're in the Haven, why do you want to get Vibe passes? Other than the cabanas, it's the same as the Haven sundeck.

Agreed! Not worth the additional expense - in our opinion - unless you are traveling with other adults who are not Haven guests. We had plenty of quiet space on the upper level of the Haven area on the BA and GA. [emoji6]

Edited by happy cruzin

I didn't know that thank you, I just thought it might be more of a fun atmosphere.

Vibe is a quiet retreat targeted at regular passengers who don't mind paying to avoid the crowds at the main pool and sundeck areas.

If you want "fun," you're probably better off at the main pool deck. In addition to the crowds, there's live music in the afternoons. There's also activities and games on sea days.

Vibe is a quiet retreat targeted at regular passengers who don't mind paying to avoid the crowds at the main pool and sundeck areas.

If you want "fun," you're probably better off at the main pool deck. In addition to the crowds, there's live music in the afternoons. There's also activities and games on sea days.

Haven guests do NOT automatically get Vibe passes. But I wouldn't think they should. They have Haven, after all!

Personally, I would cry, if I missed buying the last precious Vibe pass because someone who also has Haven access snatched it up!

Edited by BeachRum

I didn't know that thank you, I just thought it might be more of a fun atmosphere.

If you are looking for fun, hang out in the adults only Spice H2O area. It's upbeat and fun, much larger than Vibe, costs nothing, and on Escape it will be adjacent to Margaritaville for grabbing a burger.

If you are looking for fun, hang out in the adults only Spice H2O area. It's upbeat and fun, much larger than Vibe, costs nothing, and on Escape it will be adjacent to Margaritaville for grabbing a burger.

That's probably where I'll be then most of the time lol.

I think I just found my favorite spot!!!

When does the painting start? I can't wait to see the progress of that.

We might be in for a full surprise, I suspect it's happening right now under the white tarp. Starting midship and working towards the bow.

Really looking forward to see her hull art, to my opinion it will be one of the best around in the NCL fleet.

If you're in the Haven, why do you want to get Vibe passes? Other than the cabanas, it's the same as the Haven sundeck.

To add on that; the new public/non Haven sun deck will even share the bar with Vibe as it goes through the Vibe acces "wall". With the added jacuzzi's it's really just the cabana's and padded loungers and perhaps some small food.

Motley; see my previous stitch picture from one the Escape render video's (using Malcom's link, as he borrowed the picture from here heheh)

https://malcolmoliver.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/b9afdc.jpg

To add on that; the new public/non Haven sun deck will even share the bar with Vibe as it goes through the Vibe acces "wall". With the added jacuzzi's it's really just the cabana's and padded loungers and perhaps some small food.

Motley; see my previous stitch picture from one the Escape render video's (using Malcom's link, as he borrowed the picture from here heheh)

Wow that's really cool

I tried to enlarge a screen shot and it appears that most of the aft suites will have the door in the bedroom (and I don't want to be right above public rooms nor right below the top public space. Hopefully, we'll get a better idea as we move forward on that.

Wow that's really cool
That would be the same as on Getaway and Breakaway. One of my fav spots to grab a drink on the pool deck on Getaway was at the Vibe bar, even though I wasn't in Vibe. Many don't realize it's there and available for all to use. (Ssshhh! Don't tell the Vibe people! They like to pretend they have their own private bar.)

Will Margaritaville be free?

Will Margaritaville be free?
Yes. If you check out info about the ship on the cruiseline's website (which I recommend to anyone considering cruising on any ship), you can see that it is listed with the complimentary restaurants.

http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining#complimentary

Also, the original press release from December 2014 states, "This venue will be one of Norwegian Escape’s many complimentary dining outlets."

http://www.escape.ncl.com/the_Latest/norwegian-cruise-line-sets-sail-for-exclusive-partnership-with-margaritaville-2

I tried to enlarge a screen shot and it appears that most of the aft suites will have the door in the bedroom (and I don't want to be right above public rooms nor right below the top public space. Hopefully, we'll get a better idea as we move forward on that.

Just looking at low resolution pictures, it would seem that deck 14 will have the configuration that you want and will have deck 15 as a buffer between you and public space above you.

I'm booked in 12306 and it looks like I'll get the configuration that I want and a good sized balcony. For me, configuration was most important when choosing a H6, then location. The smallest H6 balcony wouldn't even bother me but it seems that deck 12 is one of the larger ones with 9 seemingly the largest.

I'm still waiting for 100% confirmation on the configurations but looking at deck 12, it looks like configuration A on BA/GA.

Just looking at low resolution pictures, it would seem that deck 14 will have the configuration that you want and will have deck 15 as a buffer between you and public space above you.

I'm booked in 12306 and it looks like I'll get the configuration that I want and a good sized balcony. For me, configuration was most important when choosing a H6, then location. The smallest H6 balcony wouldn't even bother me but it seems that deck 12 is one of the larger ones with 9 seemingly the largest.

I'm still waiting for 100% confirmation on the configurations but looking at deck 12, it looks like configuration A on BA/GA.

That's what it looked like to me. I'm booked in 12306 too. I'll give it just a bit more time to see if this can all be confirmed so I can move then. Wonder how loud anything on 15 will be? As of right now, I still find myself sleeping relatively early and up between 4 and 5am (even on the Sky recently). By next year, I might be over that stage, but who knows for sure.

I'd be fine if "stuck" with that configuration; however, since I'm by myself, I'd prefer a semi-water view in the tub/shower if I can get it. :D

Yes. If you check out info about the ship on the cruiseline's website (which I recommend to anyone considering cruising on any ship), you can see that it is listed with the complimentary restaurants.

http://www.escape.ncl.com/dining#complimentary

Also, the original press release from December 2014 states, "This venue will be one of Norwegian Escape’s many complimentary dining outlets."

http://www.escape.ncl.com/the_Latest/norwegian-cruise-line-sets-sail-for-exclusive-partnership-with-margaritaville-2

Good stuff.

Have they announced which venue will be open late or 24 hours? Motleyfan is going to need a place to grab a bite after a long night of drinking.

Good stuff.

Have they announced which venue will be open late or 24 hours? Motleyfan is going to need a place to grab a bite after a long night of drinking.

Whoops. I'm an idiot. O'Sheehans is 24/7.

Edited by Yorkvillain

Booking on Escape for our first ever NCL cruise 5/2016. Going to be our younger son's homeschool graduation extravaganza. We're actually going to book back-to-back. I've sailed Disney 11x, RCI Allure 1x. Not new to cruising but fresh to NCL.

I would love to book us in The Haven. I think the concierge and assistance with planning would be most helpful with us being new to NCL. BUT, I'm looking at the price of the aft Haven suite vs. 2 staterooms (balcony + inside across the hall). I'm not sure I'm willing to go the 2 bedroom family Haven suite. Am I looking at the sleeping configuration of the aft Haven suite correct? It's a king size bed + a sofa bed to sleep 2? Or is there another bed available in addition to the sofa bed? The bed thing is the deal breaker. I cannot put my 2 sons (20 & 18 at the time of sailing) on 1 sofa bed. It'd be war in our suite. LOL!

I'm probably going to blow up the NCL board with questions. I promise to do searches and seek answers before asking. ;)

Thanks muchly for the help.