Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

First time sailing on NCL. We sail Dec 5th 2015. I booked a minisuite during the kids sail free promotion. I also was granted a choice of Bev package or Dinning packing. I choose the dinning package. I wonder- if I were to pay for the dinning package,-- how much would it be/ My kids are 5.

Secondly, I wonder if anyone can tell me how comfortable it is to sail in a minisuite with 2 5 year olds? We normally book connecting rooms, but indeed wanted to take advantage of the kid sale free promo. The agent could not give me much details about the room apart from the square footage. How are these rooms situated on the Breakaway class? I was hoping that this room had 4th bed that was not a upper berth. One agent sais a 4th twin comes out of the wall and one said no, there are upper berths.

We sailed on both Epic and Getaway in a mini with our kids. On Getaway they where 12 and 10. We loved it. I mean of course a Haven would have better but the Minis are great for families.

The only difference from a balcony and a mini is the bathroom and its a HUGE difference. In a family Mini you have a tub.

On Getaway we had a mini with large balcony and it was the biggest balcony we have ever had. Not a lot of privacy but so much space we really enjoyed have loungers on our balcony. The bathroom had a HUGE rainfall shower. So much space we could hang up our wet suits in the shower and still shower. The "double sink" was very long and less narrow than most sinks.

Both of the minis we had Epic Family mini and Getaway Large balcony mini the 4th bed is a Pullman from the ceiling. My son has been sleeping on them since he was 4 years old. They have a railing and a small ladder. When he was little we would make sure we helped him down. On a few of our cruises the kids have had to share a "bed" you know the couch made up to be a bed. I really think the Pullman is much better and we have less fighting. "He stole my pillow", "she took all my covers" you know.

If you where to buy your girls the dinning package it is $119 on Getaway they do not offer a kids discount.

We sailed on both Epic and Getaway in a mini with our kids. On Getaway they where 12 and 10. We loved it. I mean of course a Haven would have better but the Minis are great for families.

The only difference from a balcony and a mini is the bathroom and its a HUGE difference. In a family Mini you have a tub.

On Getaway we had a mini with large balcony and it was the biggest balcony we have ever had. Not a lot of privacy but so much space we really enjoyed have loungers on our balcony. The bathroom had a HUGE rainfall shower. So much space we could hang up our wet suits in the shower and still shower. The "double sink" was very long and less narrow than most sinks.

Both of the minis we had Epic Family mini and Getaway Large balcony mini the 4th bed is a Pullman from the ceiling. My son has been sleeping on them since he was 4 years old. They have a railing and a small ladder. When he was little we would make sure we helped him down. On a few of our cruises the kids have had to share a "bed" you know the couch made up to be a bed. I really think the Pullman is much better and we have less fighting. "He stole my pillow", "she took all my covers" you know.

If you where to buy your girls the dinning package it is $119 on Getaway they do not offer a kids discount.

Wow -- Thank you! Any tips for a NCL newbie sailing with 5 year old twins?

I know that NCL calls these rooms mini suites, but I still feel that they should really be called Deluxe Balcony. They hardly fall into suite territory, mini or otherwise.

Thank You. Sad to see a lack of a dividing curtain:o

On the large balcony was there enough cover to be under if wanted?

Wow -- Thank you! Any tips for a NCL newbie sailing with 5 year old twins?

If your twins take to Splash Academy then when they close at 5, take the kids to the kids section of the buffet and feed them, then drop them off at 7 when the kids club opens, and then you go and get an adult dinner alone at place of your choice.

If you make reservations, make them for 7:15-7:30

If your twins take to Splash Academy then when they close at 5, take the kids to the kids section of the buffet and feed them, then drop them off at 7 when the kids club opens, and then you go and get an adult dinner alone at place of your choice.

If you make reservations, make them for 7:15-7:30

There is a kid section in the buffet? Did not know that! Is here a long line to drop your kids off at 700?

There is a kid section in the buffet? Did not know that! Is here a long line to drop your kids off at 700?

I never saw a kids section on Getaway or on Epic! If it's there, I guess I didn't recognize it as being for kids. :D