Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I would love to book us in The Haven. I think the concierge and assistance with planning would be most helpful with us being new to NCL. BUT, I'm looking at the price of the aft Haven suite vs. 2 staterooms (balcony + inside across the hall). I'm not sure I'm willing to go the 2 bedroom family Haven suite. Am I looking at the sleeping configuration of the aft Haven suite correct? It's a king size bed + a sofa bed to sleep 2? Or is there another bed available in addition to the sofa bed? The bed thing is the deal breaker. I cannot put my 2 sons (20 & 18 at the time of sailing) on 1 sofa bed. It'd be war in our suite. LOL!

I've stayed in an H6 Aft Penthouse a few times on Breakaway and Getaway. There's a king bed and a sofa bed, but that's it. You're also correct that it's way too small for your adult sons to share.

Edited by barnacle_boy

I've stayed in an H6 Aft Penthouse a few times on Breakaway and Getaway. There's a king bed and a sofa bed, but that's it. You're also correct that it's way too small for your adult sons to share.

Thanks muchly for the lightning fast response. We'll stick with the balcony + inside. I'm just going to have to study hard and get my gameplan down. Have to figure out all the ins & outs with booking dining & shows (assuming you can reserve shows like RCI?).

Thanks again.

Booking on Escape for our first ever NCL cruise 5/2016. Going to be our younger son's homeschool graduation extravaganza. We're actually going to book back-to-back. I've sailed Disney 11x, RCI Allure 1x. Not new to cruising but fresh to NCL.

I would love to book us in The Haven. I think the concierge and assistance with planning would be most helpful with us being new to NCL. BUT, I'm looking at the price of the aft Haven suite vs. 2 staterooms (balcony + inside across the hall). I'm not sure I'm willing to go the 2 bedroom family Haven suite. Am I looking at the sleeping configuration of the aft Haven suite correct? It's a king size bed + a sofa bed to sleep 2? Or is there another bed available in addition to the sofa bed? The bed thing is the deal breaker. I cannot put my 2 sons (20 & 18 at the time of sailing) on 1 sofa bed. It'd be war in our suite. LOL!

I'm probably going to blow up the NCL board with questions. I promise to do searches and seek answers before asking. ;)

Thanks muchly for the help.

SWEETPEA... from WDWMAGIC and Magicaltalk? Is that you??? On Cruisecritic? Hey!!! I'm A long time lurker on those other sites. I think you will love the Escape and the Haven. Totally different from DCL but still really good. The Haven is pricey but amazing! What made you consider taking NCL?

SWEETPEA... from WDWMAGIC and Magicaltalk? Is that you??? On Cruisecritic? Hey!!! I'm A long time lurker on those other sites. I think you will love the Escape and the Haven. Totally different from DCL but still really good. The Haven is pricey but amazing! What made you consider taking NCL?

Welcome. I recommend waiting till June 1 to book if you're at all interested in seeing if they again offer the all inclusive beverage pkg. we got this for our Escape cruise in Feb.

Just looking at low resolution pictures, it would seem that deck 14 will have the configuration that you want and will have deck 15 as a buffer between you and public space above you.

I'm booked in 12306 and it looks like I'll get the configuration that I want and a good sized balcony. For me, configuration was most important when choosing a H6, then location. The smallest H6 balcony wouldn't even bother me but it seems that deck 12 is one of the larger ones with 9 seemingly the largest.

I'm still waiting for 100% confirmation on the configurations but looking at deck 12, it looks like configuration A on BA/GA.

We booked 12906 because we thought the balcony we be a good size and it would be far enough away from the public areas that the noise would not be a problem. Like you folks...still waiting to see what configuration the room will be. Have seen nothing on that anywhere, but probably still too early in the build process.

Are Escapes Balcony's the same as Getaways?

If we put 3 in a Spa minisuite does the 3rd person get to use the thermal spa or just 2 of us

Thanks

They should be exactly the same. There's been no indication otherwise. But time will tell.

I'm looking at the price of the aft Haven suite vs. 2 staterooms (balcony + inside across the hall). I'm not sure I'm willing to go the 2 bedroom family Haven suite. Am I looking at the sleeping configuration of the aft Haven suite correct? It's a king size bed + a sofa bed to sleep 2? Or is there another bed available in addition to the sofa bed? The bed thing is the deal breaker. I cannot put my 2 sons (20 & 18 at the time of sailing) on 1 sofa bed. It'd be war in our suite. LOL!

I'd suggest an aft balcony (B1) for the parents and "inside down the hall" for the sons. The 4 of you could enjoy the balcony since the aft balcony is larger than the standard balcony and the sons could have the freedom to come and go with their own stateroom.

Edited by Two Wheels Only

Thanks for the photo, looks really nice back there.

JMO, is it just me or does anyone else not really care for waterfall-type thingies? I don't necessarily want to get my head soaked when I cool off. Just want to cool off the bod and hop out. I'm sure the ladies are more with me than the men on this one.

JMO, is it just me or does anyone else not really care for waterfall-type thingies? I don't necessarily want to get my head soaked when I cool off. Just want to cool off the bod and hop out. I'm sure the ladies are more with me than the men on this one.

Nope, love the waterfall's but I am a man, I agree my DW might not seek it out like I would.

Booking on Escape for our first ever NCL cruise 5/2016. Going to be our younger son's homeschool graduation extravaganza. We're actually going to book back-to-back. I've sailed Disney 11x, RCI Allure 1x. Not new to cruising but fresh to NCL.

I'm probably going to blow up the NCL board with questions. I promise to do searches and seek answers before asking. ;)

Thanks muchly for the help.

Your boys are older so it is not as critical but you should know that the entrance to the insides that appear to be directly across from the balcony may actually be from an interior corridor instead of a door in the same hallway as the balcony. Look very closely at the deck plans and you will see what I am talking about.

Since the chatter is around Spice H20, there is NOT a soaker pool back there, correct? Just 2 hot tubs?

That was THE single best thing on the Epic.

There is a grotto with a water "feature" ... probably the waterfall area that was on the 'away ships. It looks really cool!

I like this MUCH better than that "pool" they had on the Epic.

I'm looking forward to trying our the waterfall pool (although who knows, I could wind up hating it).

It will be nice to cool off without a used band aid or someone's hair floating by me.

Edited by Yorkvillain

I liked the one on Getaway quite a bit- much better than the pool on Epic. Really looking forward to the grotto on Escape. (I'm a girl unconcerned with hair and makeup and getting my head wet).

I'm not sold on the grottos either. We were on the Getaway in the Vibe so never made it up to Spice during the day, I know at night they were shut down and I was always puzzled as to what it was. Either way they didn't look as inviting as these do with the stone facing. Anyone know if they are deep enough to wade in, or just sower off?

ffe0c63713de27f67b37786135b262bf.jpg

7b7725c65f12cd6636d8009b3144d8ab.jpg

f0c61fc3fe7a11d5f96875b16d541465.jpg

11e809b445e3628f9c9618150b13477f.jpg

Hey all,

Great photos. Thanks for posting them.

Just a quick question, we booked the penthouse suite, but what are the blue square things on the balconies?

Can anyone answer? Anybody stayed in one of these suites before? This will be our first time. Very excited.

Thanks all, happy cruising.