Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm sailing on Escape in November as well! Also first time on Norwegian so I can't compare NCL ships..

I'm booked in a balcony on deck 10 that is on an angle on one of the sections that juts out a bit. It appears our balcony will be triangular, which I find very cool... am I right?

:)Linda

Glad you are giving NCL a try! The angled balconies are more of a trapezoid than a triangle. The one end of the balcony will be wider and the other end will be standard balcony width.

Wonderful pictures! Thanks to both of you. After enlarging them and studying them for a bit, the H6 aft suites all look the same configuration to me. I'm basing this on the white divisions in the windows. Granted you can't really see decks 10 and 13 very clearly but I still think I see the same white divisions as all the rest. Then I went back and compared those to the Getaway aft H6's and they very much matched decks 11 and 14 which both have the bed near the balcony with the bathroom behind it. How wonderful would that be?!? We have deck 9 aft H6 in January. This balcony doesn't appear to be quite as big as the Away ships, but, can't really tell for certain.

What do y'all think?

P.S. This is the picture I used for comparison:

http://www.jimzim.net/NorwegianGetaway.html (Scroll quite a ways down to see the aft picture)

Here is another one of the Breakaway for comparison:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1825022&highlight=s3&page=2 (post #25 of that thread)

Edited by tarps14

I'm consistently amazed at the sheer size of the shipbuilding hall at Meyer Werft. It is just staggering to think that a ship the size of the Escape is being built INDOORS, with another ship starting to take shape in front of her (Ovation) plus room to spare - that is one seriously gargantuan building!

P.S. - NCL Escape ...... Your aft is showing and it's sure looking good :D

Hi All....just wanted to join in. My adult daughter and I are sailing Escape December 12th for a girl's week. It looks like you're finding some great information to add to my building excitement!

Y'all are gonna have so much fun.

I would not take an early CG image to too seriously.

Be that as it may, that is definitely a shadow of a support pole against the windows, deck 9 PH, port side.

*second window from the left.

And if I'm not mistaken (which is distinctly possible), that looks like another support pole on deck 12 PH, port side. Enlarge the picture and see what y'all think.

Edited by tarps14

Thanks for posting. I thought that Howl at the Moon was going away? Guess not. :)

I've not seen anything from NCL that says it will still be around. That video isn't from NCL, it was just put together by a fan. It would be great if it's still around, but that video means nothing.

I've not seen anything from NCL that says it will still be around. That video isn't from NCL, it was just put together by a fan. It would be great if it's still around, but that video means nothing.

Oh, bummer...that was one thing that I loved on the Getaway. I loved that they actually had bars that were totally distinct from one another and were actually like little nightclubs. Like the Grammy experience and the howl at the moon dueling piano bar!! So much fun, that way you didn't feel like your only option for entertainment was whatever show happened to be in the main theater. Does anyone know what bars with entertainment that they do have scheduled for Escape?