Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

They already use two clips on Breakaway and Getaway ;)

Then maybe my husband was just trying to scare me? (I never made it up there myself on Getaway). He and my son both told me it was only one clip on Getaway. To be honest, my husband said he was very surprised by that, since all the zip-lining we had done all over was always 2 clips. This is definitely a relief.

Then maybe my husband was just trying to scare me? (I never made it up there myself on Getaway). He and my son both told me it was only one clip on Getaway. To be honest, my husband said he was very surprised by that, since all the zip-lining we had done all over was always 2 clips. This is definitely a relief.

Nope. 2 clips.

Sports_ropes.jpg

I received some basic training on how to use safety harnesses during the time I worked on a museum sailing vessel. I wouldn't have gone on the ropes course if they only had one.

I think your family is trying to scare you! :o :p

Edited by barnacle_boy

I think if you read it, it pretty much explains itself. There is a separate post in which this is being discussed. It's not a big deal, just worth noting to all the cruisers with kids. (I know you hate kids, so feel free to move along.)

Calm down and relax. I don't exactly hate kids, I dislike the loud, annoying and noisy kids. Lets just all remember on our respective Cruise to have fun and relax. I on the other hand will be putting my UBP to great use lol.

Will Escape have the sponge bob themed splash area for the kids still or will it be other characters now???

Escape has more of a water park, with a large (not as big as Carnival ;)) bucket dump and water canons and a climbing area and a kids waterslides, et al...

My kid enjoyed the Breeze's water park so much we partially Chose Escape because its water park area is more extensive.

MSC Seaside looks like its water park will rock but that's for a later cruise.

Hoping to see lots of loud noisy kids on Escape's water park. But PLEASE no loud noisy adults. :D

Also hoping to see more on the dining menus soon instead of pictures.

Well sorry I intend to be noisy havin fun with my kids at the waterpark just like on the breeze.

I have booked mid-ship ocean view(category OB) on Escape and I had room assignment today, cabin 5718. I was surprised that mid-ship cabin can be so far forward... What areas are usually defined as mid-ship?

I have booked mid-ship ocean view(category OB) on Escape and I had room assignment today, cabin 5718. I was surprised that mid-ship cabin can be so far forward... What areas are usually defined as mid-ship?

That doesn't seem very "mid-ship" to me...only 9 cabins from the most forward one possible! :eek:

Hoping to see lots of loud noisy kids on Escape's water park. But PLEASE no loud noisy adults. :D

Also hoping to see more on the dining menus soon instead of pictures.

Soz, but I'm Gonna be a noisy adult at the waterpark, WooHooing all they way down those slides [emoji16][emoji6]

There is a Walking Dead cruise on the NCL Star chartered for 2016 that was just announced.

Did a Haunted cruise last year on a small ship with Bahamas Celebration. It was fun!

Those do sound fun. Maybe I will brave one someday.

I've chosen this ship because of all the different areas to have fun/be noisy, and there are many quiet, relaxing areas.

Why shouldn't adults who are paying be allowed to be loud & noisy & have their fun?

Nobody likes obnoxious, but that comes in all ages.

Loud & noisy doesn't always equal obnoxious.

Sorry, missdixie, I just don't understand why you would say this.

If being mid-ship is important (and what you paid for) I'd be checking in to why you were assigned so far forward.

Did you book through NCL or a TA??

I booked through TA and that mid-ship sounded good, so I went for it. But I didn't look deck plans before I booked, just thought that mid-ship is mid-ship. Maybe I'll check with my TA and see if there's something she could do.

But at least I have a cabin and going on a cruise :)

Although it seems forward for that deck, it looks to me like you are actually very near the midship elevators. That deck doesn't have cabins that are in the forward part of the ship. Even the ones further forward of you are still classified as midship! It does seem weird, but I guess it makes sense.

I booked through TA and that mid-ship sounded good, so I went for it. But I didn't look deck plans before I booked, just thought that mid-ship is mid-ship. Maybe I'll check with my TA and see if there's something she could do.

But at least I have a cabin and going on a cruise :)

SO true!! ;) :D

Doesn't look so far forward when aligned up with deck 11. 😊

Still, not exactly midship, but...😉😕

uploadfromtaptalk1435863835138.jpg.60021bd51c736cec2239306934f9ca09.jpg

[/img][/img]b57328b163cb80bd73516e9c3aa60ad3.jpg

Edited by cruiseJMO

Just got done reading all 120 pages of this thread :) It's been my guilty pleasure over the past week or so.

While I don't have anything booked on Escape at the moment, I am a general enthusiast of following newbuilds and I've really enjoyed "getting to know" some of you more frequent posters here, and taking a trip back in time to see the progression of this amazing ship. Suffice it to say, you've all got me plotting ways to fit in an Escape cruise in the near future :D

Just got done reading all 120 pages of this thread :) It's been my guilty pleasure over the past week or so.

While I don't have anything booked on Escape at the moment, I am a general enthusiast of following newbuilds and I've really enjoyed "getting to know" some of you more frequent posters here, and taking a trip back in time to see the progression of this amazing ship. Suffice it to say, you've all got me plotting ways to fit in an Escape cruise in the near future :D

I understand that!! I'm so excited about this ship I booked Getaway for Sept.