Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

NCL's bigger ships don't have that multi story, wide open, ship long promenade like the Royal ships do. The circular area you refer to is a multi story open staircase. It's probably about 50 ft (?) across and spans three decks, 6, 7, and 8. There is also another similar area where the guest relations desk is on deck 6 and O'Sheehans on 7. This is referred to as the "atrium". This area is also where the huge video screen is located on deck 6.

The ship, imo, that comes closest to the Royal C. ships would probably be the Epic. I remember getting off the forward elevators for the first time on deck 6 and being able to see almost to the other end of the ship. Granted it's only two decks high though. The Away class of ship doesn't have that effect, however, it still has never felt closed in to me.

Thank you... great that you don't feel closed in!

*Running off to go search for getaway/breakaway reviews to check out this atrium area.*

Yep, although it does appear to be more over 18120 but it does "spill over" (no pun intended) to your window/balcony.

Its also the public hot tube, FWTW

We are in 18120 on the May 28, 2016 sailing. How can I tell where this is on the picture? Is the hot tub above the balcony? Should I consider changing rooms?

We are in 18120 on the May 28, 2016 sailing. How can I tell where this is on the picture? Is the hot tub above the balcony? Should I consider changing rooms?

Yes one if the public sun deck hot tub(s) is directly above that cabin balcony and bathroom window.

while the railing around the hot tub will be tall and will likely limit water being splashed easily, I guess if people were really trying they might, but to me the issue would be the noise the hot tub might cause.

Previous ships had no hot tubs on the sun decks, so previously, while some noise would filter down from the sun deck's, hot tub's could and likely will add to the noise. May not be an issue but then again...

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

You can drag the decks to see at this website. you can click and drag deck 19 over the top of deck 18 and line up the area "open to deck below" to see where the hot tub is.

Edited by legion3

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Escape&zoom=1

You can drag the decks to see at this website. you can click and drag deck 19 over the top of deck 18 and line up the area "open to deck below" to see where the hot tub is.

Thank you so much for this link! I called our NCL TA just a moment ago, sent him the picture, and he told me he didn't think they were hot tubs, so I sent him this link. I lined up the 18th deck and you're right- the hot tub is directly over 18120! Ugh! I agree, that could get noisy! He said they have 17116 and 17118 available still (we have 18120 and 18122 booked) so I may go ahead and switch. I was just excited to be on the highest floor without anyone (but the sun deck) on top of us! Though I will admit, on the 2 NCL cruises we have been on this past year, we really didn't hear any noise from the other cabins around us.

Again, thank you for your help!

Just seen this, is it old hat or will howl at the moon now be on escape

http://www.howlatthemoon.com/norwegian-cruise-lines/

:confused:

They'd be nuts not to include HATM on the Escape. It was one of the most popular venues on the Getaway trip I took in June. Absolutely packed each night with (in my humble opinion) silly amounts of cash being given to the piano players for yet more Billy Joel songs...

That's great news! I hope they will be there on the maiden crossing.

Has anyone gotten confirmation on this? Escape info still just mentions the comedians at Headliners. I hope this is true but it may just be old info on the Howl web site.

Coach Jim

This is wonderful news about Howl at the Moon! We really enjoyed them on Breakaway and Getaway, and I know they'll be very popular with the group I'm sailing Escape with. I'm so glad!

The question is what venue will HATM call home?

The District, 5 O'Clock Somewhere, Skyline, and the Comedy club all seem a suitable size, but nowhere has NCL promoted the presence, or location, of HATM for the Escape.

There is also a large blank area port side midship deck 8 between LaCucina and the Wine bar. I would think it odd to be left as a crew/service area in such a prime revenue generating spot. Perhaps they are/were negotiating with HATM and did not want to announce it until negotiations complete?

Edit: does HATM share space with the comedy club on Breakaway and Getaway?

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I'm really hoping that they'll also bring the Grammy Experience aboard. Sugar Blue made the cruise that much better on the Getaway last January.

5 O'Clock Somewhere seems to have replaced Fat Cats / Grammy Experience from the -aways, though I'm pretty sure it will feature live music nightly from the descriptions.

Thank you so much for this link! I called our NCL TA just a moment ago, sent him the picture, and he told me he didn't think they were hot tubs, so I sent him this link. I lined up the 18th deck and you're right- the hot tub is directly over 18120! Ugh! I agree, that could get noisy! He said they have 17116 and 17118 available still (we have 18120 and 18122 booked) so I may go ahead and switch. I was just excited to be on the highest floor without anyone (but the sun deck) on top of us! Though I will admit, on the 2 NCL cruises we have been on this past year, we really didn't hear any noise from the other cabins around us.

Sounds like you have been on NCL before, but just a thought...the balconies on these haven rooms are very small and you will probably spend more time in Haven area for breakfasts etc..., rather than on balcony. Just my opinion, if you prefer to be top deck.

They'd be nuts not to include HATM on the Escape. It was one of the most popular venues on the Getaway trip I took in June. Absolutely packed each night with (in my humble opinion) silly amounts of cash being given to the piano players for yet more Billy Joel songs...

I agree. We really enjoyed HATM on the Breakaway. Good memories! How about it, Nalagh? :D I hope it is true they will be on the Escape too! :)

Hoping they bring back HATM too. The Escape site doesn't mention it all. It does seem odd though. It says that Levity Entertainment will have shows several times during the cruise. I'd be really surprised if they just left Headliners dark on the other nights.

BTW - Grammy experience is gone. They said there's live entertainment in 5 O'clock Somewhere. Given it's Buffet's bar, I suppose it's more Caribbean music than everything else. Have to wait and see. There's no mention of another music/bar venue anywhere else.

They also got rid of the Ice Bar, from what I see, which I don't think is a big deal. That's more of a once and done type place.

Edited by CruisinHarvey
spelling

When we sailed the Epic Haven, we were on the top deck. We were port side and had the public sun deck above us. It wasn't used very often, but we could hear chairs being dragged across. When I saw the layout of the Escape, I told my husband that I didn't want to be on the top floor because I knew there were hot tubs and that would cause those areas to be used more -- therefore more chairs being scraped above us.

We are in 17104, so we will be directly below the hot tub as well, but we will have a cabin between us to absorb the chair noise. As long as the cabin isn't filled with rambunctious toddlers, we should overall have less noise.

And be glad you still have cabins available. Our category has been sold out for months on our cruise.

The question is what venue will HATM call home?

The District, 5 O'Clock Somewhere, Skyline, and the Comedy club all seem a suitable size, but nowhere has NCL promoted the presence, or location, of HATM for the Escape.

There is also a large blank area port side midship deck 8 between LaCucina and the Wine bar. I would think it odd to be left as a crew/service area in such a prime revenue generating spot. Perhaps they are/were negotiating with HATM and did not want to announce it until negotiations complete?

Edit: does HATM share space with the comedy club on Breakaway and Getaway?

Wow you're right, that is a HUGE space in the middle of the ship not yet labeled (http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/Norwegian-Escape deck 8). Has to be HATM or some other entertainment, no way they leave a space that big unfilled.

EDIT: Actually I take that back, that space is also unlabeled on the Getaway, same size.

Edited by bzzltyr