Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Looks like the new al a carte pricing is hitting our ship first, yeah us (sarcasm) :cool:

Do you think we will get sample menus with prices before the Oct sailings?

I noticed they raised the price of Teppanyaki to $29.95

I'm so excited! I've already purchased the 4 day SDP for my TA cruise, and it has now become an even bigger bargain. If I don't see savings, that means I'd have saved money just paying a la carte, and I will know to do that on my May 2016 cruise. It's a win/win.

NO...not at all!! :mad:

I was "applauding" the use of a new (unusual) word here on CC. I went a looked it up and was actually educated about it's use and meaning!

I looked it up too and hope I can remember it to use it myself. I love learning new (to me) words! :)

We all have the UDP so the new pricing won't make any difference for us.

Edited by peg013

I love the word too.

I think it's related to Clairvoyant (someone who can see outside of the 'normal' world).

I've been working with multiple languages recently (just became responsible to manage Latin America), so it's funny some of the translations you can find online.

I don't think anybody was teasing, I think they were genuinely impressed at the word - which is just not a common usage.

To answer your follow-up question: yes, poorly sound-insulated would be a more common way of describing the sound transference.

Stephen

Edited by sjbdtz

I love the word too.

I think it's related to Clairvoyant (someone who can see outside of the 'normal' world).

I've been working with multiple languages recently (just became responsible to manage Latin America), so it's funny some of the translations you can find online.

I don't think anybody was teasing, I think they were genuinely impressed at the word - which is just not a common usage.

To answer your follow-up question: yes, poorly sound-insulated would be a more common way of describing the sound transference.

Stephen

I will speak only for myself - but YES, exactly!

WOW! Now that half the restaurants will be al a carte for this cruise, I wonder what we'll use our platinum dinner certificates for.

Since those restaurants are still included in the dining plans, I'd assume they are still included with those certificates too. No reason at all to think they wouldn't be, based on the info that's out there at this time.

Looks like the new al a carte pricing is hitting our ship first, yeah us (sarcasm) :cool:

I think they (NCL) will benefit from folks who 1 - do not dine out frequently at home or 2 - do not have that kind of a restaurant near them. I know for us we would never pay that on a cruise ship just because what we can get at home is far superior in quality. Same with Cagneys and Moderno - just way better what we have available to us around here.

Where did you find this info?

Do you also know when the River Ems Transit is scheduled?

1) My brother is stationed in Schweinfurt Germany. He had some time off and visited with friends in Hamburg, they toured MW. And simply asked the guide.

2) not a clue.

Ok, new to NCL ...this is referring to the specialty restaurants correct?

As long as I have the main dining room, O'sheenan's and most importantly Jimmy Buffets as part of my cruise fare I am all good.

Well along with the UBP I plan on purchasing as well [emoji3]

I'm so excited! I've already purchased the 4 day SDP for my TA cruise, and it has now become an even bigger bargain. If I don't see savings, that means I'd have saved money just paying a la carte, and I will know to do that on my May 2016 cruise. It's a win/win.

I just spoke with NCL to clarify the new a la carte pricing, and if it would have any impact on the UDP that we have. I was assured that there is no change for people that have UDP...just as it was before. Not sure if it impacts the SDP though.

I just spoke with NCL to clarify the new a la carte pricing, and if it would have any impact on the UDP that we have. I was assured that there is no change for people that have UDP...just as it was before. Not sure if it impacts the SDP though.

The SDP is the new UDP, and the original press release stated that it doesn't affect dining plans, and that Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina would still be covered with no additional upcharge. That's why I can't fathom why so many are getting their panties in a bunch. I can take those restaurants or leave them. I don't care that much. I'm eager to try Bayamo, Pincho Tapas, The Supper Club, etc. (although those have an upcharge). With the remaining day on our 4 day plan, we will probably do Cagney's or Le Bistro because we enjoy both.

Ok, new to NCL ...this is referring to the specialty restaurants correct?

As long as I have the main dining room, O'sheenan's and most importantly Jimmy Buffets as part of my cruise fare I am all good.

Well along with the UBP I plan on purchasing as well [emoji3]

I think that covers it for me, too.

Although, I am also interested in checking out the dinner shows.

The SDP is the new UDP, and the original press release stated that it doesn't affect dining plans, and that Cagney's, Le Bistro, and La Cucina would still be covered with no additional upcharge. That's why I can't fathom why so many are getting their panties in a bunch. I can take those restaurants or leave them. I don't care that much. I'm eager to try Bayamo, Pincho Tapas, The Supper Club, etc. (although those have an upcharge). With the remaining day on our 4 day plan, we will probably do Cagney's or Le Bistro because we enjoy both.

Exactly what we were thinking.

Perhaps this was posted earlier, I really did look and did not see it anywhere else. http://www.escape.ncl.com/entertainment/howl-at-the-moon

It actually has its own thread.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2232198

*great idea to add it here though as this is where people will probably be looking.

Edited by tarps14

This was posted on another thread, and now on the Escape website:

Norwegian Cruise Line announced today the introduction of à la carte specialty dining at the line’s signature specialty restaurants, providing guests the freedom to savor an array of tastes and gourmet dishes and the flexibility to choose how many courses they wish to enjoy during their meal.

Guests will experience the ultimate in Freestyle Cruising beginning this October on the all-new Norwegian Escape, where they can choose to dine at any of 11 complimentary dining options or experience new flavors at Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants La Cucina, Le Bistro, Cagney’s Steakhouse and the new Bayamo by James Beard Award winning chef Jose Garces, on an à la carte basis. (Highlight mine)

Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants on Norwegian Escape will feature enhanced menus that include favorite dishes and new tastes alike, offering guests the freedom to select how many courses they’d like to enjoy during their dinner, with per-item pricing. Whether guests wish to have a light meal of a favorite appetizer and soup or salad, or indulge in a multi-course dinner featuring Maine lobster, with Norwegian’s new à la carte options, guests will now have the opportunity to create their desired dining experience, just as they would at any land-based restaurant.

At Cagney’s Steakhouse, starters on the new à la carte menu range from $4.99 to $7.95 and main courses from $17.99 to $29.99, featuring Certified Angus Beef® brand steaks, the world’s leading Angus brand and consumers’ top choice for premium beef. At Le Bistro, guests will find delicious new main courses in addition to traditional French favorites, including Bouillabaisse, Pan-Seared Jumbo Bay Scallops and Veal Medallions with Sauce Morrel, starting at $15.99. And guests looking to find a taste of “la dolce vita” will be transported to the Mediterranean when they choose from an expanded menu at La Cucina, featuring antipasti, pasta, risotto and traditional secondi courses starting at $12.99 including Osso Buco alla Milanese, Free-Range Chicken with Prosciutto or Pan-Seared Sea Bass Filet.

Moderno Churrascaria and Teppanyaki will remain at a cover charge of $19.95 and $29.95 respectively, as will entertainment dining including Wine Lovers The Musical and For The Record™: The Brat Pack.

Guests who purchase a Norwegian Specialty Dining Package have the freedom to indulge as they wish, as Specialty Dining Packages will allow guests to enjoy La Cucina, Le Bistro and Cagney’s Steakhouse at no additional charge. Guests with a Specialty Dining Package can dine in Bayamo by Jose Garces for an additional fee of $15.

In addition to Norwegian Escape’s specialty restaurants, Ocean Blue on Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway will also begin offering à la carte options on October 3, 2015, and the new à la carte dining will be available fleetwide beginning January 1, 2016. Other entertainment dining across the fleet, including Cirque Dreams & Dinner and The Illusionarium, will remain at a cover charge. For those guests who wish to reserve their dining times ahead of time, they can continue to do so via MyNCL; there is no charge to make a reservation and guests will have any à la carte selections added to their onboard account at the time of dining.

For more information on Norwegian Cruise Line’s specialty dining, visit http://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-dining#specialty. To book a cruise on Norwegian, guests can contact their travel professional, call Norwegian at 888-NCL-CRUISE (625-2784), or visit http://www.ncl.com.###

Does anyone know what the 11 complementary dining venues will be? I can only come up with 7: 3 MDRs, Private Room at Taste, Margaritaville, Osheehans, and the buffet. Any ideas on what the other four would be?

Could include 5 o'clock somewhere and District Brewhouse, maybe? And I notice they don't list Food Republic and Tobacco Road as ala carte options in the quoted sentence? It would be awesome if those are complementary!

Edited by minnesotamamafish

Does anyone know what the 11 complementary dining venues will be? I can only come up with 7: 3 MDRs, Private Room at Taste, Margaritaville, Osheehans, and the buffet. Any ideas on what the other four would be?

Could include 5 o'clock somewhere and District Brewhouse, maybe? And I notice they don't list Food Republic and Tobacco Road as ala carte options in the quoted sentence? It would be awesome if those are complementary!

The Haven restaurant is always listed as complimentary, since it is for those guests. Food Republic is listed as specialty on the website. I'm clueless about the others. I can't imagine Tobacco Road will have food, and I've heard nothing about District Brewhouse having food, but that would be cool.

The Haven restaurant is always listed as complimentary, since it is for those guests. Food Republic is listed as specialty on the website. I'm clueless about the others. I can't imagine Tobacco Road will have food, and I've heard nothing about District Brewhouse having food, but that would be cool.

The original Tobacco road did have some food offerings. But its been a while since I was there. Reviews mention an awesome black bean patty and the Death Burger. The coming soon Tobacco Road, replacing the original, is going to be a bar and restaurant.

That said the drawings of Escape sure look bar only. Of course if its nice enough I can always bring food in. ;)

Some reviews of the food from the original bar the Escape is "bringing back";

The food is your typical bar food with the exception of a kick ass little burger called the Death Burger. You better have some cold ass water next to you when you bite into that bad boy. I'm also a huge fan of their loaded nachos, they're so damn delicious!

The Classic Burger and the Death Burger respectively. My burger was awesome! A medium-rare patty, grilled onions and mushrooms and cheese = PERFECTION! They also have a good beer selection.

Don't miss the Thai wings or the death burger

the Death Burger, which comes with jalepenos, melted cheese, grilled onions, and your juicy beef cooked to order. The appetizers are awesome. Try the potato skins or mozzerella sticks. The quesadilla is a good option too.

You get the idea.

Edited by legion3

On our last NCL cruise the MDR menu's looked meh and the lines or waits to get in were sometimes way to much, long lines and long waits.

I'm sure some periods you can waltz in but that did not change the menu which often looked uninspired.

If they are trying new menu's good for them but will wait to see what they are.

So those saying the MDR is fine for them, good for you. Enjoy.

Some nights it might be others...no thanks,