Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

For those not on the TA, who might not have seen this new update from the producer of the Escape shows:

Hello Everyone. It's been a while since I have posted. Been VERY busy getting "After Midnight" and "Million Dollar Quartet" together for the Escape. All scenic is well under way, costumes being built (there are a ton of gorgeous costumes for After Midnight"), props, etc. Casting is almost complete and we all head to Tampa to start rehearsals in September. AM and MDQ are 2 big shows and we have an incredible team of creatives working on these shows. Including most of the original Broadway creatives. VERY exciting!!!! I head to Germany the end of September to oversee installation, tech and dress rehearsals for all shows in the main theatre.. I am most exited about the crossing! Being an avid cruiser, a transatlantic has always been on our bucket list. Now I will be doing one on board this beautiful new ship! What I am even more excited about is that my wife will be joining me as well! "TheatreLover" (my wife) has just booked and will be doing the crossing with me. We will have been apart for about 2 months when she joins me on the ship in Southampton! She has join the CC group so she can meet all of you as I will still be working during the crossing. So, she'll have lots of time to join all of you in your plans.. I hope to be able to attend the Meet and Greet with her and meet all of you... Have to run, busy getting these shows ready. Will stop by again soon. In the mean time, my wife will be participating and following the thread.. Have a great weekend!

Yep. For the supper club dinner show "For the record: The Brat Pack".

There are no fees for any other entertainment.

the DSC is the $13.50( up from $12.95) per person service fee, as of August 1.

So is there a charge for for the record or not?

So is there a charge for for the record or not?

Yes, it has not been priced yet, but I do believe with the SDP its a $15 extra charge if you purchased the dining package and it counts as one of your meals

UDP shows a 25% off credit, although someone posted that NCL had said it would be $15 with the UDP as well. Time will tell.

11745496_10207691290306813_4612165053023560812_n_zps1ypidarr.jpg

Whoa, the balconies on deck 9 over the Food Republic look quite disappointing.

A lot of steel roof to look at.

Deck 9 balconies already seem meh but these are even more recessed in to the ship.

The renderings show Food republic with a glass roof?

Edited by legion3

When looking at the deck plan for deck 8, it appears it will be the same roof extension for the majority of the ship's length. I'm on deck 13. Should only be a distraction if I'm standing at the railing thankfully. I would definitely be unhappy if I were a deck niner. It will be noisy and no view. I thought on the Getaway the waterfront was only on one side of the ship. Is my memory failing me? It has been more than a year. These deck plans have outdoor waterfront space on both sides for the Escape.

I'm fully aware that the land based Tobacco Road had food, but I still don't think (based on anything and everything we know about the ship) that this one will. If it would, it would likely be listed as a dining establishment, or shown to be a restaurant location in the deck plans, etc, which it is not. This is one of the bars that just sits out in the open in 6-7-8 place, and isn't even in a "room", so to speak.

The renderings from eroller and NCL of tobacco road look like its enclosed in some room-like fashion.

930_tobacco-a_zpsnpdeuhue.jpg

Edited by legion3