Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

I'm looking all over and can't find how big the rooms are for escape between inside and family inside, so far family inside price is higher but I was wondering if it's because the room are bigger or not

If you go to the UK site and do a dummy reservation that site tells you the sizes of the cabins and the size of the balcony (if there is one) when you choose what cabin you want.

Harriet

Good to know. I thought they were supposed to push up out of the way. Got any pics?

Here's a pic of one upper bunk(folded).

ncl-dawn_oceanview.jpg

Our cabin had an upper on each side.

Now imagine trying to get in and out of bed if the lower beds were together (for the two of us), in the center of the cabin. :)

...a little bit of head bumping.

WE took the offer of a family cabin because we THOUGHT it would be bigger.

Edited by $hip$hape

Here's a pic of one upper bunk(folded).

ncl-dawn_oceanview.jpg

Now imagine trying to get in and out of bed if the lower beds were together (for the two of us), in the center of the cabin. :)

...a little bit of head bumping.

WE took the offer of a family cabin because we THOUGHT it would be bigger.

Yeah, you would think family meant bigger, not just location and pull downs. I didn't know some come out of the side instead of the top. Thanks for the pic. 😊

Edited by cruiseJMO

If you go to the UK site and do a dummy reservation that site tells you the sizes of the cabins and the size of the balcony (if there is one) when you choose what cabin you want.

Harriet

Does it tell actual size and not just range?

Does it tell actual size and not just range?

Yea, it tells the exact square foot of the cabin and the exact square foot of the balcony. However, you must select a room number first. Sometimes room numbers in the same category are a little different!

Harriet

Yea, it tells the exact square foot of the cabin and the exact square foot of the balcony. However, you must select a room number first. Sometimes room numbers in the same category are a little different!

Harriet

Holy wowness!!! The UK site is so much more specific in detailing the cabins.

Thank you so much!!

Holy wowness!!! The UK site is so much more specific in detailing the cabins.

Thank you so much!!

Holy wowness!!! Love it!!!!!

I see you checked it out! Yes it is. :)

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Question as you may know this (or maybe someone else will):

is the bottom of this side bunk bed metal / magnetic? I thought it would be a nice place to put a poster or pictures or the dailies or something with magnets :)

Cheers

Escape is scheduled to float out on Aug 3rd. It's slightly delayed as last minute changes are being addressed. However, this will not effect the on time delivery of the vessel to NCL.

Where did you find this info?

Do you also know when the River Ems Transit is scheduled?

Question as you may know this (or maybe someone else will):

is the bottom of this side bunk bed metal / magnetic? I thought it would be a nice place to put a poster or pictures or the dailies or something with magnets :)

Cheers

I have no idea but I was surprised that all the walls in Haven Family villa of Breakaway weren't magnetic any longer :eek: Maybe that was the reason the cabins were so clairaudient.

I have no idea but I was surprised that all the walls in Haven Family villa of Breakaway weren't magnetic any longer :eek: Maybe that was the reason the cabins were so clairaudient.

The Word of the Day is clairaudient. Congrats on its first ever use on Cruise Critic. :p Love it!

Dictionary translated :confused: What's the correct translation? With thin walls? Poorly sound-proofed?

I think it's hearing telepathically. I don't know. Great word though. I'm going to use it with whomever I speak today just to sound cool.

So, I read that on one of the "away" ships the noise from Spice H20 is horrific from the 11th floor up. I'm on the 13th floor aft. Even though I'm 44 I listen to rap music and have a 10" subwoofer in the trunk of my car. Wonder if it'll still bother me.

So, I read that on one of the "away" ships the noise from Spice H20 is horrific from the 11th floor up. I'm on the 13th floor aft. Even though I'm 44 I listen to rap music and have a 10" subwoofer in the trunk of my car. Wonder if it'll still bother me.

We had an aft balcony on deck 13 on Breakaway's inaugural sailing from Rotterdam to Southampton. We heard our neighbors coughing through the paperthin walls.

Can't say anything about SpiceH2O as it was deserted due to the weather.

Ja ja, make fun of a non-native speaker using leo.org :(

Thanks for the word!

Clairaudience is receiving messages in thought form from another frequency or realm.

We actually do it all the time, especially under duress, or in an emergency,

when we focus/listen to what we call the 'little voice' in our head.

Finally, I have realized the source of where I get my misinformation that I post on CC. :p

Did anyone else notice that the show in The Supper Club appears to have had its name modified? It is now being referred to as For The Record: The Brat Pack. Previously it was For The Record: Dear John Hughes.

Based on a recent thread here, a lot of people weren't aware who John Hughes was. I'm not sure this is a good renaming strategy though. They're missing the target when it comes to a name that identifies the show.

Many people would be more familiar with the RAT pack from the 60's rather than the BRAT pack from the 80's. When I initially read it myself Rat Pack automatically came to mind and I wondered how that tied in to the theme.

So your cabin will have real at home feeling.

Looks like the new al a carte pricing is hitting our ship first, yeah us (sarcasm) :cool:

Do you think we will get sample menus with prices before the Oct sailings?

I noticed they raised the price of Teppanyaki to $29.95