Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

Just got done reading all 120 pages of this thread :) It's been my guilty pleasure over the past week or so.

While I don't have anything booked on Escape at the moment, I am a general enthusiast of following newbuilds and I've really enjoyed "getting to know" some of you more frequent posters here, and taking a trip back in time to see the progression of this amazing ship. Suffice it to say, you've all got me plotting ways to fit in an Escape cruise in the near future :D

Welcome....glad you joined us! [emoji6]

10453035_915563461820204_21460135710028756_o.jpg

Credit: Jeroen Houtman on public FB

Thanks for the pictures!!

Is it just me or do some of the decks seem shorter in height than others? Example - deck 11 seems much smaller height wise than deck 9 and 10? Hopefully it is just the angle/view. So looking forward to the reviews before my March trip!

Hoping to see lots of loud noisy kids on Escape's water park. But PLEASE no loud noisy adults. :D

Also hoping to see more on the dining menus soon instead of pictures.

It's fine to be noisy at the waterpark, I'm talking about the places kids should not be allowed. Like at the restaurants, during my last cruise on the epic, I was at Cagney's eating and everything was nice and peaceful and then out of nowhere this kid started taking a huge temper tantrum. All her mom did was look around with a goofy smile on your face like isn't she cute and all I could think was no she's not cute she's annoying. I am NOT an unreasonable man, I've always said there's a time and place for everything anyone who expects the kids not to be noisy at the waterpark is unreasonable.

It's fine to be noisy at the waterpark, I'm talking about the places kids should not be allowed. Like at the restaurants, during my last cruise on the epic, I was at Cagney's eating and everything was nice and peaceful and then out of nowhere this kid started taking a huge temper tantrum. All her mom did was look around with a goofy smile on your face like isn't she cute and all I could think was no she's not cute she's annoying. I am NOT an unreasonable man, I've always said there's a time and place for everything anyone who expects the kids not to be noisy at the waterpark is unreasonable.

But....kids ARE allowed a restaurants. And yes, from time to time they can become a little loud....but I've been in many a restaurants where adults have become very loud and annoying as well.

As a side note...I've also been on many ships where certain adults have drank too much and have become loud and annoying as well.

Harriet

But....kids ARE allowed a restaurants. And yes, from time to time they can become a little loud....but I've been in many a restaurants where adults have become very loud and annoying as well.

As a side note...I've also been on many ships where certain adults have drank too much and have become loud and annoying as well.

Harriet

Yeah but it's a different kind of loud. If you notice when I talk about loud kids i never say it's bad when they are happy loud from having fun,that's a great thing. I'm talking about whining and crying. So using that same standard yes that would be just as annoying as an adult was whining and crying lol. My sincerest hope is that everybody of all ages have fun on their respective cruises.

I've chosen this ship because of all the different areas to have fun/be noisy, and there are many quiet, relaxing areas.

Why shouldn't adults who are paying be allowed to be loud & noisy & have their fun?

Nobody likes obnoxious, but that comes in all ages.

Loud & noisy doesn't always equal obnoxious.

Sorry, missdixie, I just don't understand why you would say this.

(SIGH)

My post was in reference to another post before me about kids. The adult part was in jest. ;)

Yeah but it's a different kind of loud. If you notice when I talk about loud kids i never say it's bad when they are happy loud from having fun,that's a great thing. I'm talking about whining and crying. So using that same standard yes that would be just as annoying as an adult was whining and crying lol. My sincerest hope is that everybody of all ages have fun on their respective cruises.

Hmmm, I heard a few Adults on our Epic cruise who were whiny and crying too. The kid likely just wanted his/her parents attention...the adult likely just didn't like the answer they received to their question.

NCL-Escape.jpg

Just for an exterior view reference, which deck are the lifeboats on; deck 6 or 7?

I could not find them on the NCL Deck Plans:)

Lifeboats are on deck 7. The extended balconies (M6 mini-suites) towards the front of the ship (directly above the turtle in the above image) are on deck 8.

Hmmm, I heard a few Adults on our Epic cruise who were whiny and crying too. The kid likely just wanted his/her parents attention...the adult likely just didn't like the answer they received to their question.

Lol i can't even imagine being upset on a cruise

Well, that is because you likely have no imagination.

Why do you feel the need to insult me? I simply ment a cruise is such a happy atmosphere that I can't imagine people being upset. There are people starving and dying all over the world and people are getting upset on a cruise it just seems a little funny to me that's all.

I just saw the close-up of the Aft cabins and could use a bit of double-check. I'm in an H6 on 12 and, to me, looks like that will have the door in the bedroom configuration. It does look (to me) that Deck 11 will have the window/bathroom configuration.

Is that what anyone else is seeing? I want to figure this out since I can still change my cabin selection.

Thanks!

Heidi

Why do you feel the need to insult me? I simply ment a cruise is such a happy atmosphere that I can't imagine people being upset. There are people starving and dying all over the world and people are getting upset on a cruise it just seems a little funny to me that's all.

I agree Motley ... folks need to keep things in perspective. Many posted complaints truly involve first world problems.

Motly....Just so you know kids are allowed in the specialty restaurants. That's one of the reasons we gave NCL a try since the welcomed and even encouraged kids in the specialties......something Rccl did not done until Quantum. My kids who have cruised since they where 4 and 6 are foodies. Usually they are well behaved but they are kids not robots.

Yes kids get overly tired, hot, bored and upset but so do adults. Just try and ignore any loud kids. Think to yourself, Yeah I don't have to deal with them and move on. Most parents are anxiously trying to calm, or quiet the child they don't need someone else's disapproving looks.

Your right its a vacation there is no need for people to get upset about the small stuff. Adults complain so much about the little stuff they ruin their own time.

Loud adults and kids enjoying the water slides are what vacations are all about

Calm down and relax. I don't exactly hate kids, I dislike the loud, annoying and noisy kids. Lets just all remember on our respective Cruise to have fun and relax. I on the other hand will be putting my UBP to great use lol.

Oh come on. There is nothing to indicate that I am anything other than relaxed in my post. I am always relaxed when dealing with you, which is what allowed me to laugh so hard.

I agree Motley ... folks need to keep things in perspective. Many posted complaints truly involve first world problems.

Thank you, sometimes I feel like us people in developed countries don't realize how good we have it

I agree if we're in a cruise then we're doing pretty good regardless of inside-outside-haven-etc heck were on a cruise WOOO HOOO :)

Check out this video. At the 44 second mark it clearly says, "And celebrate 'round the clock at Jimmy Buffet's first Margaritaville at sea and the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar."

Should we take that literally that one of these places might be a 24 hour venue? :confused: That could be interesting.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE] Edited by LrgPizza

Yes kids get overly tired, hot, bored and upset but so do adults. Just try and ignore any loud kids. Think to yourself, Yeah I don't have to deal with them and move on. Most parents are anxiously trying to calm, or quiet the child they don't need someone else's disapproving looks.

That is a parent issue, not a kid issue. The parents should not subject tired kids to late-night dinners, or long dinners, simply because it's what mommy and daddy want. 90% of the problems can be alleviated by parents using some common sense, and putting their child before their own wants.

Edited by SissasMomE

I agree with SissasMomE. That, and respecting the peace and tranquility that others are enjoying, which could mean quickly removing a cranky could, who is clearly not enjoying being there in the first place. Parenting 101.