Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

If the ship docks at 8 and the tour is at 9, then you can make the tour. The ship will be on the same time as the island, as clocks will be changed prior to docking.

If you think about it, that makes sense. The tour company isn't going to make a whole heck of a lot of money if no one can go on the tour because the ship hasn't arrived. :rolleyes:

I don't think they necessarily cater to cruise passengers; maybe to folks vacationing on the island. They are very nice and responsive to my emails. It is a company called Nightwind Charters.

All other ships I've been on, except for Princess, stay on ship's time the entire cruise. That was my question. I have absolutely no questions or complaints about the sailing company.

I don't think they necessarily cater to cruise passengers; maybe to folks vacationing on the island. They are very nice and responsive to my emails. It is a company called Nightwind Charters.

All other ships I've been on, except for Princess, stay on ship's time the entire cruise. That was my question. I have absolutely no questions or complaints about the sailing company.

All cruises I've done in the Caribbean have always changed to island time. For instance, when I just sailed to Cozumel on NCL, we changed our clocks for that port, then changed them back again. The info was in the Dailies. I guess if you have doubts, don't book.

All cruises I've done in the Caribbean have always changed to island time. For instance, when I just sailed to Cozumel on NCL, we changed our clocks for that port, then changed them back again. The info was in the Dailies.

I guess if you have doubts, don't book.

"I don't think they necessarily cater to cruise passengers; maybe to folks vacationing on the island."

If this is what you think, I have to agree with LgrPizza :)

The only time you have to worry about time differences in the Eastern Caribbean is after the US changes time in the fall. In the summer the US VI'S and BVI'S are the same as Eastern time in the states. We just returned from a 10 day vacation on St John and only had to switch from Central time to Eastern time.

All cruises I've done in the Caribbean have always changed to island time. For instance, when I just sailed to Cozumel on NCL, we changed our clocks for that port, then changed them back again. The info was in the Dailies. I guess if you have doubts, don't book.

I've been on a number of Caribbean cruises where the ship keeps on Eastern time (ship's time) the entire cruise and do not adjust their clocks to match the local time in port. For example - I have never been on a Carnival cruise where the time was adjusted to match local time, and some RCCL cruises have stayed on "ship's" time as well (It's at Captains discretion to my understanding). All my cruises on HAL, Princess and Celebrity have adjusted ship's time to match port time.

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

I would think that NCL Escape will change to the local time. The NCL cruises (Epic in Carribean - Star Mexican Rivera ) I have been on both switched to local time. It's was posted in the dailies. On the Star, we changed at every port.

Is this Nightwind that leaves from the Sapphire Marina? Great people, but you'll have to get yourself there from Havensight. Not hard, but there may not be enough time. It's about a 30 minute drive.

Is this Nightwind that leaves from the Sapphire Marina? Great people, but you'll have to get yourself there from Havensight. Not hard, but there may not be enough time. It's about a 30 minute drive.

We really enjoyed our cruise or sail not sure of the right wording on the Nightwind but they do not cater to ship passengers. It beautiful and fun but not what I expected. I never knew how much sail boats lean into the wind. I always think of them as sailing upright.

All the ships I have been on in the Caribbean stay on EST. No matter what Island time is. Now I been on ship during "Fall back" where we gained an hour, missed my M&M since I didn't fix my watch. So my thinking is if the island does not do Daylight savings "fall back" then the ship will be a hour behind island time.

It is a good 30 min or more to the pier, they where waiting on us when we arrived with another 2 families from our ship. That cruise was in June so no time issues.

Thank all of y'all for your input! I think I will stick with one of the others I was looking at who do cater to cruise passengers and who leave at 10 am. I was assuming around 45 minutes time to either Red Hook or Sapphire Marina, or even more if we end up docking at Crown Bay.

Looking forward to my Escape! :cool:

There is also construction on the roads from Havensight to the beaches & the Red Hook ferry. This may add to the time involved to get to Sapphire.

I'm also on the Escape in Nov. & lived in St Thomas in my wild & crazy days. I'm still trying to figure out how I can do everything I'd like to. I do wish the ship would stay later instead of sailing around in circles all night tempting me to miss the ship & take the first ferry to Tortola in the am.:cool:

The only time you have to worry about time differences in the Eastern Caribbean is after the US changes time in the fall. In the summer the US VI'S and BVI'S are the same as Eastern time in the states. We just returned from a 10 day vacation on St John and only had to switch from Central time to Eastern time.

That is exactly the OP's situation. November sailings will have to contend with the time change.

There is also construction on the roads from Havensight to the beaches & the Red Hook ferry. This may add to the time involved to get to Sapphire.

I'm also on the Escape in Nov. & lived in St Thomas in my wild & crazy days. I'm still trying to figure out how I can do everything I'd like to. I do wish the ship would stay later instead of sailing around in circles all night tempting me to miss the ship & take the first ferry to Tortola in the am.:cool:

Oh how I wish you were on my cruise. I've been talking about staying at Cruz Bay Boutique and catching up with the ship again in Tortola.

Oh how I wish you were on my cruise. I've been talking about staying at Cruz Bay Boutique and catching up with the ship again in Tortola.

I'd do that. Ha! The short ferry ride from St. Thomas to Tortola is one of the most beautiful things I've ever done.

FYI, Just received this :mad: :

As a cruise industry leader in world-class entertainment, Norwegian Cruise Line offers unforgettable onboard experiences for our guests, including exciting age-appropriate activities for children, teens and families. Since Norwegian redesigned our complimentary youth programs in 2012, we've seen a 20% improvement in overall guest satisfaction with Splash Academy for kids and Entourage for teens, with parents calling the program "outstanding" and saying "my kids loved it so much they didn't want to leave!". We're thrilled to hear this, as that means you're happy - and your children are even happier. We're proud to say there's something for everyone around every corner of our ships from circus school and scavenger hunts to themed events and parties.

We are always looking at new ways to further enhance the onboard experience and bring new ideas to our guests. After several successful years, Norwegian's agreement with Nickelodeon to provide premier Nick-themed entertainment aboard select ships concludes at the end of 2015, and so these experiences will not appear on Norwegian Escape.

As we continue making significant investments to further elevate our family programming and entertainment, such as our new Guppies Nursery and expanded sports deck on Norwegian, our family offerings will continue getting even better.

If you have any questions regarding your upcoming cruise, please contact your travel professional.

We're excited to have you on board to experience a family vacation you'll never forget with Norwegian Cruise Line.

Sincerely,

Andy Stuart

President & Chief Operating Officer

FYI, Just received this :mad: :

As a cruise industry leader in world-class entertainment, Norwegian Cruise Line offers unforgettable onboard experiences for our guests, including exciting age-appropriate activities for children, teens and families. Since Norwegian redesigned our complimentary youth programs in 2012, we've seen a 20% improvement in overall guest satisfaction with Splash Academy for kids and Entourage for teens, with parents calling the program "outstanding" and saying "my kids loved it so much they didn't want to leave!". We're thrilled to hear this, as that means you're happy - and your children are even happier. We're proud to say there's something for everyone around every corner of our ships from circus school and scavenger hunts to themed events and parties.

We are always looking at new ways to further enhance the onboard experience and bring new ideas to our guests. After several successful years, Norwegian's agreement with Nickelodeon to provide premier Nick-themed entertainment aboard select ships concludes at the end of 2015, and so these experiences will not appear on Norwegian Escape.

As we continue making significant investments to further elevate our family programming and entertainment, such as our new Guppies Nursery and expanded sports deck on Norwegian, our family offerings will continue getting even better.

If you have any questions regarding your upcoming cruise, please contact your travel professional.

We're excited to have you on board to experience a family vacation you'll never forget with Norwegian Cruise Line.

Sincerely,

Andy Stuart

President & Chief Operating Officer

I don't understand what this post is in reference to, I looked back a few posts and didn't see anything. What's the problem now?

I don't understand what this post is in reference to, I looked back a few posts and didn't see anything. What's the problem now?

What you quoted is an email that I received today - outlining their "outstanding" children's programs.

No problem that I know of...except NCL is pushing for more of the family market.

I think if you read it, it pretty much explains itself. There is a separate post in which this is being discussed. It's not a big deal, just worth noting to all the cruisers with kids. (I know you hate kids, so feel free to move along.)

...actually, it is saying that there will be no Nickelodeon theming on Escape ...which I highly doubt will be a problem for you Motley! (Single, 30's. Right?)....nor is it an issue with me. If my kids were still little and they were coming ( no and no!),it may have mattered.

I just posted the email for those who may be interested. It's all good!

For all you Haven people.....final payment due soon....I can feel the excitement building!

...actually, it is saying that there will be no Nickelodeon theming on Escape ...which I highly doubt will be a problem for you Motley! (Single, 30's. Right?)....nor is it an issue with me. If my kids were still little and they were coming ( no and no!),it may have mattered.

I just posted the email for those who may be interested. It's all good!

For all you Haven people.....final payment due soon....I can feel the excitement building!

I think the cross face in your original post caused the confusion. :)

As a parent of a kid who loves SpongeBob, and who has been on the Epic 3 times and the Getaway once, I can say that I don't think this is a major issue. He still prefers the kids clubs on the smaller ships like the Spirit and Jewel class ships.

I think the cross face in your original post caused the confusion. :)

As a parent of a kid who loves SpongeBob, and who has been on the Epic 3 times and the Getaway once, I can say that I don't think this is a major issue. He still prefers the kids clubs on the smaller ships like the Spirit and Jewel class ships.

AHHHH!!! Got ya! I gotta watch those faces!! :):):)

Actually, I have a 16 yr old who is still a Spongebob fan!

Sorry for any confusion