Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

That is a parent issue, not a kid issue. The parents should not subject tired kids to late-night dinners, or long dinners, simply because it's what mommy and daddy want. 90% of the problems can be alleviated by parents using some common sense, and putting their child before their own wants.

Yes, I totally agree I see this often when going to Target/Walmart late night and see little kids crying and I think hello isn't it bedtime. I have three 8 and under, and past some point you just don't take your kids out. If I feed my 3 year old past 6:30/7 I may as well not waste my time too tired=cranky not eating kids. As a parent of my little one was having issues we would leave or at least walk out of the restaurant until they calm down.

Check out this video. At the 44 second mark it clearly says, "And celebrate 'round the clock at Jimmy Buffet's first Margaritaville at sea and the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar."

Should we take that literally that one of these places might be a 24 hour venue? :confused: That could be interesting.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

That would be awesome

Check out this video. At the 44 second mark it clearly says, "And celebrate 'round the clock at Jimmy Buffet's first Margaritaville at sea and the 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar."

Should we take that literally that one of these places might be a 24 hour venue? :confused: That could be interesting.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

Makes me more excited for my 11/28/15 cruise on the Escape.

Don't forget that the video is promoting the ship and that most of the Escapes current plans are in the Caribbean . The initial t/a voyage may well have different rules not least because of staffing!

I think it's a play on the JB song it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Not to be taken literally as a 24hr venue. As in it's always time for a drink.

I think so, too.

Still, would be nice for nights before a sea day if it would stay open round-the-clock. But, I guess that would still only be in an ideal situation. Not everyone would simply pass out in a lounge chair, like I would after drinking all night.

I think so, too.

Still, would be nice for nights before a sea day if it would stay open round-the-clock. But, I guess that would still only be in an ideal situation. Not everyone would simply pass out in a lounge chair, like I would after drinking all night.

I would too lol.

I think so, too.

I'll tell you one thing. If they have the nachos on the menu, I will live in there. IMO, they serve a mean nacho plate.

I have to wonder how close the the "REAL" Margaritaville experience this will be? Somehow I'm thinking the menu may have some food-item names borrowed, but the actual food will be more cruise-ship standard. I also don't think Margaritaville will be open at night - the Flamingo B&G and the uptown B&G (same location on the Breakaway/Getaway) are only open for Breakfast and Lunch, so I assume that would hold true here as well.

Since the 5 O'Clock Somewhere bar is a completely separate venue down on deck 88 I think this is more of a marketing tie-in than anything else

I have to wonder how close the the "REAL" Margaritaville experience this will be? Somehow I'm thinking the menu may have some food-item names borrowed, but the actual food will be more cruise-ship standard. I also don't think Margaritaville will be open at night - the Flamingo B&G and the uptown B&G (same location on the Breakaway/Getaway) are only open for Breakfast and Lunch, so I assume that would hold true here as well.

Since the 5 O'Clock Somewhere bar is a completely separate venue down on deck 88 I think this is more of a marketing tie-in than anything else

I agree with this. Likely cruise ship versions of some of the items on the land-based Margaritaville menu. I'm sure it will be fine to good and maybe very good. We'll find out soon!

I agree with this. Likely cruise ship versions of some of the items on the land-based Margaritaville menu. I'm sure it will be fine to good and maybe very good. We'll find out soon!

Yes you gotta hold out hope that things will be great. I'm sure everything will be fantastic.

WOW, closing in on one year spent cruising. What was the longest cruise you have taken so far?

I think it's a play on the JB song it's 5 o'clock somewhere. Not to be taken literally as a 24hr venue. As in it's always time for a drink.

Yep, that's totally my thinking, too. I threw it out there as a discussion, since I thought it was funny that they would flat out say that in a marketing video, when I doubted it was true.

Yep, I agree. I've posted basically the same thing earlier in this thread. I think it will be mini-buffet setup like Flamingo Grill and not even have menus. I will be thrilled to be wrong though, and hope I am.

WOW, closing in on one year spent cruising. What was the longest cruise you have taken so far?

The longest single voyage cruise was 16 days on the RCCL Serenade for a transatlantic, though I have done b2b2b2b2b on the Caribbean Princess in the same cabin for 26 days total - all shorter cruises returning to FLL every 4-7 days. Princess was offering insane deals last fall and it was a cheap way to get to Elite, and I had the free time as I was unemployed at the time :D

By the time I step foot on the escape 10/29 it will have been nearly a year since my last cruise, which is WAY, WAY, WAAAAYYYY to long to go between cruises!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

The longest single voyage cruise was 16 days on the RCCL Serenade for a transatlantic, though I have done b2b2b2b2b on the Caribbean Princess in the same cabin for 26 days total - all shorter cruises returning to FLL every 4-7 days. Princess was offering insane deals last fall and it was a cheap way to get to Elite, and I had the free time as I was unemployed at the time :D

By the time I step foot on the escape 10/29 it will have been nearly a year since my last cruise, which is WAY, WAY, WAAAAYYYY to long to go between cruises!

You must be incredibly successful to have gone on so many cruises. that's definitely my long term goal lol.

You must be incredibly successful to have gone on so many cruises. that's definitely my long term goal lol.

My previous job afforded me long stretches of time off. I'm single and have nothing tying me to specific dates so am able to hunt for the deals. I also have inexpensive cost of living - no car, low rent, no debt, etc so higher disposable income even though I don't make alot in slary. Basically I work to cruise :D

......no car, low rent, no debt, etc so higher disposable income even though I don't make alot in slary. Basically I work to cruise :D

Yeah, we have all that and that's what the DH's salary pays for. I work from home so we can cruise, so, basically, I work to cruise also.:D

What part of Atlanta are you in? We're on the east side in Snellville.

Yeah, we have all that and that's what the DH's salary pays for. I work from home so we can cruise, so, basically, I work to cruise also.:D

What part of Atlanta are you in? We're on the east side in Snellville.

I live in a neighborhood called Morningside, on the north side of Piedmont Park, so you could call it midtown I guess