Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

When looking at the deck plan for deck 8, it appears it will be the same roof extension for the majority of the ship's length. I'm on deck 13. Should only be a distraction if I'm standing at the railing thankfully. I would definitely be unhappy if I were a deck niner. It will be noisy and no view. I thought on the Getaway the waterfront was only on one side of the ship. Is my memory failing me? It has been more than a year. These deck plans have outdoor waterfront space on both sides for the Escape.

Getaway had the same layout on both sides. Same as Escape. What GA and BA don't have is the added section on deck 8 over the District Brew house and food republic. Those cabins simply looked down on the open promenade area of deck 7, forward of the waterfront. Where the shuffleboard court is.

When looking at the deck plan for deck 8, it appears it will be the same roof extension for the majority of the ship's length. I'm on deck 13. Should only be a distraction if I'm standing at the railing thankfully. I would definitely be unhappy if I were a deck niner. It will be noisy and no view. I thought on the Getaway the waterfront was only on one side of the ship. Is my memory failing me? It has been more than a year. These deck plans have outdoor waterfront space on both sides for the Escape.

I think 13 would be more than high enough up to not be an issue with regards to view and noise.

Excuse my ignorance. That hull art is amazing. But like Willy Wonka, does NCL use Oompa Loompas to paint the hull art. Because last Monday's pic had no sign of it.

So the real question is, is it hand painted or more like a huge series of decals?

I can't understand that much progress in such a short period of time.

Excuse my ignorance. That hull art is amazing. But like Willy Wonka, does NCL use Oompa Loompas to paint the hull art. Because last Monday's pic had no sign of it.

So the real question is, is it hand painted or more like a huge series of decals?

I can't understand that much progress in such a short period of time.

I don't think the webcam shots are current. This picture is from 6/24. The side/aft artwork was already completed by that point. They have made a lot of progress in such a short period of time though.

11027498_722355361202392_3465235238650991433_n_zpsza1r4d7v.jpg

Edited by paulh84

The renderings from eroller and NCL of tobacco road look like its enclosed in some room-like fashion.

930_tobacco-a_zpsnpdeuhue.jpg

Cool pic. Thanks! I still maintain that it doesn't look like a dining room, but I'm not one to argue with you. I've learned it's futile.

Cool pic. Thanks! I still maintain that it doesn't look like a dining room, but I'm not one to argue with you. I've learned it's futile.

Good choice ;)

I agree its not a dining room but does appear that food could be eaten there, even simple put style food...for a fee. :cool:

Edited by legion3

Have they officially changed the departure time for St. Thomas. It used to be 6:00 pm. My vacation summary now says 3:00 pm. Is this a way to say on Fuel.

I am SO glad you brought this to my attention. After a huge amount of research I was about to book an independent excursion.

I don't really know much about fuel savings or how this works but aren't we going to sail out a little ways and do donuts in the ocean for hours and hours then dock at Tortola, a stone's throw from St. Thomas?

If I 'accidentally' miss getting back on the ship in St. Thomas and take the ferry to BVI the next morning am I going to be in big trouble with NCL?

I believe it is across the fleet. Huge fuel savings to be enjoyed. Millions of $. I have confirmed changes of 2 hours on the Breakaway, Gem, and Dawn as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

This doesn't make sense on the Escape itinerary, as the next stop is Tortola, which is only 25 miles away. The trip can be done easily in 2 hours. They'd save fuel money by staying in port. The port charges must outweigh the fuel costs.

Oh man. I'm dreading that I took room #9734 now. No privacy above or below.

Only if you're standing at the rail, does not look like if you are in the chair under the overhang it will be a big deal. And at least you can spread out a bit more than the standard balconies.

The M6 has little privacy but the size makes up for it.

1. In looking at Escape's itineraries, I can't find anything going on between the end of the Transatlantic on 11/8/15 and the first Eastern Caribbean sailing on 11/14/15. Just curious: anyone have any idea what would be going on?

2. Any idea when they might start assigning guarantee rooms? I'm OX, and really want one of the sloping front rooms on a higher deck, rather than being down on decks 4 or 5 (but if that's what they give me, I'll take it). Just wondering, for a brand new ship, when they generally start assigning guarantees. I'm on the 11/28/15 sailing.

Thanks!

--Michael

2. Any idea when they might start assigning guarantee rooms? I'm OX, and really want one of the sloping front rooms on a higher deck, rather than being down on decks 4 or 5 (but if that's what they give me, I'll take it). Just wondering, for a brand new ship, when they generally start assigning guarantees. I'm on the 11/28/15 sailing.

l

Some guarantees have already been assigned for other sailings. You just never know. It will be some time between now and your sailing date. That's the honest answer. Edited by LrgPizza

Some guarantees have already been assigned for other sailings. You just never know. It will be some time between now and your sailing date. That's the honest answer.

Yep, you're right. Oh well. Waiting is part of the fun, I guess!

1. In looking at Escape's itineraries, I can't find anything going on between the end of the Transatlantic on 11/8/15 and the first Eastern Caribbean sailing on 11/14/15. Just curious: anyone have any idea what would be going on?

Thanks!

--Michael

I didn't look myself but just guessing from what you found. I bet they had some "cruises to nowhere" planned during that time and when they couldn't offer them any longer they left it open or booked a charter to fill it.

Edited by rob&tam

I didn't look myself but just guessing from what you found. I bet they had some "cruises to nowhere" planned during that time and when they couldn't offer them any longer they left it open or booked a charter to fill it.

Tried to add...

We are also booked on 11/28 and had a guarantee but received our cabin assignment already.

There is a 3-nighter from 11/11-11/14 that many of us are booked on. Miami-GSC and back. It was pulled from the website a couple of months ago, apparently sold out. I think the nights between 11/8 and the 11/11 cruise are for industry peeps.

Edited by DachshundsRule

Thanks!

--Michael

In reply to question #1: When the Epic sailed into Miami for the very first time, the first week was relegated to showing the ship off to travel agents,

VIP's from NCL, NCL employees (their res office is here in Miami) and 2 night cruises to people who had 'won' them in radio station giveaways and such. I went to the party for Epic at Bicentennial Park when she first sailed up Government Cut (that was my 'Welcome to Miami' sign taped to the cement wall at the end of the cut) and one of the prizes was a 2 night cruise, leaving the next day. So it's my assumption that the same will be on Escape - promo time to the people who sell cruises.

Just checked my itinerary for the 11/ 14 cruise. They moved up the departure time from St Thomas to 3pm. This former St Thomas resident is Not Happy:mad: Since Tortola is a 30 min ferry ride away, we would have been sailing in circles as it is.

Ready to cancel