How would they know?

We just sailed the Oasis over spring break. After we went through the metal detectors, they called us over to a desk & logged in the bottles of wine I had in my carry on & wrote down the cabin number.

They did the same to me on Independence of the Seas two weeks ago

I wasn't sure if you had to physically carry the bottles upon yourself and they had a check off sheet and made a mark when there was two bottles or something.

So you just put the bottles in your carry on, put in on the conveyor belt and it goes through screenings and pick it up at the end? Just like an airport?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I wasn't sure if you had to physically carry the bottles upon yourself and they had a check off sheet and made a mark when there was two bottles or something.

So you just put the bottles in your carry on, put in on the conveyor belt and it goes through screenings and pick it up at the end? Just like an airport?

Yes, the port security screening is very much like the airport screening.

What times of the month do they consider it to be "spring break"

From what I've read and asked some of my friends who are teachers, spring break up here in the northern regions, spring break for kindergarten through HS is the last two weeks of February and college kids are March 1st through the 15th. Some through the 20th. I'm really hoping I didn't book a cruise where there's going to be a bunch of 18-20 somethings. I'm hoping there will be more people my age range and above. 30+

Putting the 2 bottles in your check in luggage will make it likely you have to go to the naughty room to get your bag.

We find it very simple to carry 2 bottles on in plain sight and then you are done. 2 bottles, nice to enjoy in your room, no mucking around with will they check them off or will they not.

There are other threads here talking about room attendants/security/whatever can do spot checks on your room. Just have the 2 bottles and feel free to relax when you are on board.

Just my 2c worth.

Playing devil's advocate here, as I did not break any rules myself. However...even with the cabin steward doing spot checks, how would they know?

On my recent cruise, we brought aboard 2 bottles of wine. I'd also, as a gift to my cabin mate, ordered a bottle from Gifts and Gear in advance and had it delivered to the room. Therefore, early in the cruise, we had THREE bottles in our cabin. ALL legally.

Security procedures are not consistent port to port or even cruise to cruise. I have been on three cruises in 4 months, out of 2 ports, and the procedure was never the same.

On the last cruise I met a couple that brought on 2 bottles each. They told me they thought that was the policy. I did not have the impression they tried to get away with anything, innocent mistake. They were surprised when I said it was 2 per room, not 2 per person.

You can carry on or pack, Royal doesn't stipulate one over the other. As others have noted, if they are packed there is a chance you will have to go claim/open your luggage for them to see, but you won't be "in trouble".

On my last cruise (3 weeks ago) they checked the bottles to make sure it said wine somewhere on it as opposed to being a hard liquor but they didn't actually log anything. Worst case scenario is if you are over the limit and are caught they will hold your wine for the duration of the cruise and return it the final evening or at debarkation.

All people in the party have to go through security and check in together.

Not true. Our sea pass and passports were checked, then we walked through to the security lines, all prior to checking in. We actually were accidently spilt up at the security check when a couple were so eager to check in they broke in line between us. In our experiences, security has no reference of room assignments and what is in suitcases. Our carry on went through with the two bottles without the bat of an eye. I could have easily also had 2 bottles in my carry-on

I am so happy with the allowance to bring 2 bottles that I don't jeopardize the process and try to bring more. If I did I sure would not advertise it on a public chat site

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Oh I'm a cheap wine drinker. I love barefoot winery and I don't know if Florida carries it or not.

Thanks everyone who was giving positive feedback.

Yes, you can get Barefoot in Florida. My wife drinks it occasionally.

But that stuff is swill. If you want some decent cheap wine, hit up a Total Wine on the way to the port if you can and get Gumdale. It's from the same company as Yellowtail, but the wine is a heck of a lot better.

I've been wondering about this for about a week now and wanted to know how would RCI know if I brought on two bottle of wine and my roomate walked on board, say 20 people behind me carrying her two bottles of wine? How would they know? Or do they?

Anyone ever try this?

Being able to take two bottles on wine aboard is a recently added privilege. If too many people immediately try to find ways to bring even more aboard this perk might be removed - and spoil things for the majority.

I've been wondering about this for about a week now and wanted to know how would RCI know if I brought on two bottle of wine and my roomate walked on board, say 20 people behind me carrying her two bottles of wine? How would they know? Or do they?

Anyone ever try this?

Integrity is following the stated rules even when there is a high probability you will not get caught violating them.

some people have it. some people don't. only you know which one you are.

Integrity is following the stated rules even when there is a high probability you will not get caught violating them.

Lol these people have no integrity! Glad you guys don't work with me you'd be fired because of ur lack of integrity smh

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well you seem like you would really suck to have for boss anyway, so I wouldn't even bother working for somebody like you. Work ethic and party style of someone's life has nothing to do with the conversation. No one likes an A type personality or someone who constantly criticizes others.

Anyone ever try this?

There is a good chance you will not have a problem, however they have allowed us to take 2 bottles per cabin so why not abide the rules for a change instead of figuring out how to get around them.

Happy cruising

Yes because they can tell exactly who I am by my miniscule photo. Lmao you're ridiculous.

Well, its really not that hard:

You are going on the Freedom, March 15, 2015, staying in 9406 and you will be 33 at the time.

See :eek:

I think it is really sad how people take advantage of the little freedom Royal has given - allowing 2 bottles per cabin. When people start abusing this it will be taken away.

###

Well, its really not that hard:

You are going on the Freedom, March 15, 2015, staying in 9406 and you will be 33 at the time.

See :eek:

I think it is really sad how people take advantage of the little freedom Royal has given - allowing 2 bottles per cabin. When people start abusing this it will be taken away.

###

The OP is purchasing the unlimited drink package anyway. In my opinion, allowing 4 bottles on saves RCI money :)

Personally, I have taken my 2 bottles per cabin for a glass on the balcony before dinner and a glass or two occasionally on the balcony as a nightcap. It worked well. On our last cruise, we had the unlimited drink package and I didn't consider bringing wine onboard since it was included in the package. I did wish I had a bottle or two as it was inconvenient to bring a glass back to enjoy on the balcony as I did previously.

You gave out ur room number and cruise date? Smh

A lot of people who are active on their roll calls plan parties with the other people on their roll call and will share that information. It is obviously searchable, but on an enclosed space like a cruise ship, the chance of someone using that information nefariously is pretty low. You can live in fear, but then again if you are in the phone book, people know your land line and home address just as easily. It's funny how humans psychologically feel about privacy (so inconsistent).

The line of work I do would make people cringe at the type of info I have access to. Not worried about a thing. They'll be making plenty of $$ off my friends and I as we're all purchasing the alcohol premium package. That's $2,700 for 6 of us. Never mind excursions, gambling, and suites.

The line of work I do would make people cringe at the type of info I have access to. Not worried about a thing. They'll be making plenty of $$ off my friends and I as we're all purchasing the alcohol premium package. That's $2,700 for 6 of us. Never mind excursions, gambling, and suites.

Lol u give out way too much info to be trusted with any secret info

A lot of people who are active on their roll calls plan parties with the other people on their roll call and will share that information. It is obviously searchable, but on an enclosed space like a cruise ship, the chance of someone using that information nefariously is pretty low. You can live in fear, but then again if you are in the phone book, people know your land line and home address just as easily. It's funny how humans psychologically feel about privacy (so inconsistent).

The reason why I said that is she's trying to break rules and gave out everything a cruise needs to figure out who she is. Nothing more nothing less.

I think OP has already more than indicated where she stands. People like that cause the cruiseline to remove privileges - has happened before and will again.

I think OP has already more than indicated where she stands. People like that cause the cruiseline to remove privileges - has happened before and will again.

Exactly! Some people just don't get it. U wanna break the rules, don't tell everybody just do it and get caught smh