Blu dining question

mrsz

.we are booked in an aqua class suite on silhouette. My question is can we eat in main dining if we chose to one or two evenings. Heard they have escargot and I love it. Does anyone know if they have escargot in Blu also

.we are booked in an aqua class suite on silhouette. My question is can we eat in main dining if we chose to one or two evenings. Heard they have escargot and I love it. Does anyone know if they have escargot in Blu also

You will need to have the Maitre'D from Blu arrange it for you.

Steve

You will not have a problem. I've done it several times. No escargot in Blu.

You don't need to go to MDR to get escargot, they will happily serve you that every night in Blu as long as they have it on the ship. A year or so ago there was a shortage of it, but that seems to have ended now. We love Blu!!

Just returned from Equinox Blu. Anything available on the MDR menu can be ordered in Blu no need to leave BLU.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

They really don't like to get food from the MDR since Blu is on Deck 5 and the Galley for the MDR is on deck 3. The food may be cold when it arrives. On some ships they will refuse to get a main course from the MDR. Reported by many and I've experienced this. Just go to the MDR if you want their menu.

They really don't like to get food from the MDR since Blu is on Deck 5 and the Galley for the MDR is on deck 3. The food may be cold when it arrives. On some ships they will refuse to get a main course from the MDR. Reported by many and I've experienced this. Just go to the MDR if you want their menu.

I don't know about the rest of the MDR menu, suspect you're right, but on our last cruise we dined in Blu and the first night the waiter introduced himself and when discussing the menu he volunteered, with no questions from us, that if we liked escargot he could provide anytime we wanted. We opted for twice that cruise....don't know if they just keep a supply of it in their kitchens, since they know the demand or what, but as I said, it was his suggestion.

Edited by Gracie115

You don't need to go to MDR to get escargot, they will happily serve you that every night in Blu as long as they have it on the ship. A year or so ago there was a shortage of it, but that seems to have ended now. We love Blu!!

Just returned from Equinox Blu. Anything available on the MDR menu can be ordered in Blu no need to leave BLU.

Regards,

Kevin Reid

That was my experience in the Silhouette Blu -- they really went out of their way to accommodate.

I will expand on my BLU MDR Menu Experience in my current Trip Report when I get to that part of my Trip Report and why I made my comment.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017737

Regards,

Kevin Reid

We were just on the Reflection 3/15/14 and they have added 4 appetizers and 4 desserts that can be ordered anytime in Blu (as well as MDR). This added to our Blu experience as I love Escargot and their French onion soup :)

Escargot

French Onion Soup

Shrimp Cocktail

Caesar Salad

Apple Pie a' la Mode

Cheesecake

Molten chocolate cake

Crème Brulee