It must be upgrade fairy day. . . .

Sailing on the Allure in 7 days. Can't wait, treated ourselves to a Grand Suite on deck 8.

Been watching our cruise fill up and thought that we had little to no chance to upgrade to a Sky Loft suite, but so what, it's not like we weren't already traveling in style.

We watched the Allure sail away today on the Port Everglades web cam and dreamed of being on her in only 7 more days.

Minutes, just minutes after she sailed away the phone rang and it was RC.

Long story short, we are now in a Sky Loft suite. Amazing. I hope whoever gets 8660 is happy because we are ecstatic to be in 1720! This is going to be awesome! Room service, here we come!!!!

Dolby1000

Congratulations!!!!

Always great to hear good news.

Questions.

Was it a freebie?

Did you get the upgrade because of your C & A status?

or

Did you have to pay a little?

Anyway doesnt matter,

Enjoy

We had 1726 last summer and really enjoyed.

Sea Ya

Congratulations!!!!

Always great to hear good news.

Questions.

Was it a freebie? - Truthfully, not a freebie, but at a hugely substantial discount, we just couldn't pass it up. I didn't one want to steal another poster's thunder, because they've had a hard time too, but we can understand their pain, for different reasons.

Did you get the upgrade because of your C & A status? I think we were high on the list, we are Emerald, not Diamond yet, but the nice gentleman said we were first on the list.

or

Did you have to pay a little?

Anyway doesnt matter,

Enjoy

We had 1726 last summer and really enjoyed.

Sea Ya

Thanks for all the great well wishes, going to be a long week. :D

Without sounding rude, why did they call? I thought all upgrades now were automatic if you selected that you wanted an upgrade:confused:

Very pleased for you. Dreaming I may get one one day :D

OP posted (you might have missed it) --

Was it a freebie? - Truthfully, not a freebie, but at a hugely substantial discount, we just couldn't pass it up. I didn't one want to steal another poster's thunder, because they've had a hard time too, but we can understand their pain, for different reasons.

So that is why they called... if it is an up-sell they do call... Upgrades may or may not call.. .depending on what you note on your profile and they say Diamond Plus and above.

OP... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You deserve your up-grade and what a great way to cruise!!! Good things happen to good people!!

OP posted (you might have missed it) --

So that is why they called... if it is an up-sell they do call... Upgrades may or may not call.. .depending on what you note on your profile and they say Diamond Plus and above.

OP... SO HAPPY FOR YOU!! You deserve your up-grade and what a great way to cruise!!! Good things happen to good people!!

Thanks for clarifying

I did miss it.

Last July we had originally booked a GS.

About two weeks before sailing we were offerred an upgrade to a Cl (2) the ones that face the putt putt course and basketball court for the three of us total $700. Not the CL (1) that face the ocean.

We did it, and enjoyed every minute.

Sea Ya

How is it you request that you want an upgrade? It's a general option or only for Diamond members or only if you wanted a bigger room and it wasn't initially available?

That's just in general for OP.

2. As far as upgrades go:

-Login in to RoyalCaribbean.com

-Click on Crown & Anchor Society upper right of screen

-Scroll down a bit you will see your name, C&A number, etc. on the left

-From the list under your name and number click on Upgrade Preferences

-Take a moment to go through the other preference tabs if you have not seen them; you can set a gift preference depending on C&A level or certain onboard preferences as well.

That's just in general for OP.

2. As far as upgrades go:

-Login in to RoyalCaribbean.com

-Click on Crown & Anchor Society upper right of screen

-Scroll down a bit you will see your name, C&A number, etc. on the left

-From the list under your name and number click on Upgrade Preferences

-Take a moment to go through the other preference tabs if you have not seen them; you can set a gift preference depending on C&A level or certain onboard preferences as well.

Thanks for the tip! I just updated my preferences. We are booked in an Aqua Theater Suite, but the Royal Loft would be SWEET too....

Sailing on the Allure in 7 days. Can't wait, treated ourselves to a Grand Suite on deck 8.

Been watching our cruise fill up and thought that we had little to no chance to upgrade to a Sky Loft suite, but so what, it's not like we weren't already traveling in style.

We watched the Allure sail away today on the Port Everglades web cam and dreamed of being on her in only 7 more days.

Minutes, just minutes after she sailed away the phone rang and it was RC.

Long story short, we are now in a Sky Loft suite. Amazing. I hope whoever gets 8660 is happy because we are ecstatic to be in 1720! This is going to be awesome! Room service, here we come!!!!

Dolby1000

Brilliant !! Enjoy :)