First time On RCI, What to expect different from Carnival

As the title says it all, I am curious to know what to expect differently.

Can I order liquor from Bon Voyage (carinval speak) room service? I know prices probably higher.

I heard RCI crackdown on bringing alcohol along so I would rather buy own bottles for my room.

Anything else I should be made aware of would be helpful! Thanks

It would be good to know what RC ship and itinerary you are looking at and room type. There are plenty of RC vs Carnival comparison "threads". There are so many small things that are different.

This is a RC forum so you may get some RC bias versus Carnival.

Everybody has different tastes, but the Carnival Freedom you sailed does offer more food and free drink options (water, ice tea..) around the pool areas. This is nice to have when it's hot out and you want a quick snack by the pool.

You won't find this on any RC ship. You will have cover up and walk way into the Windjammer. This is good and bad. (Less mess to pick up around the pool).

I will leave the rest to the other threads - so many

Take a look at the deck plans on each ship and you can learn alot. Regardless - you have to make the most of your trip - the cruise line typically won't be the biggest factor.

You won't find this on any RC ship. You will have cover up and walk way into the Windjammer. This is good and bad. (Less mess to pick up around the pool).

I have not sailed all RCI ships, but at least on Legend and Vision this is not true; there are drink stations on the pool deck and they are outside of the Windjammer requiring no cover up. There are also drink stations if you are in the Solarium pool area on those ships.

The food on RCCL is wayyyy better than carnival IMHO. :)

On our last CCL cruise it seemed that everything was smothered in some sort of tomato (spaghetti type) sauce - even Shrimp Scampi !!:confused:

Our room stewards were equally good on both lines as were the MDR staff.:)

....not as many fall - down blathering drunks on board..........just arrogant "know it alls" brainwashed by a rewards program....."Rombies" actually.....;)

This is the most accurate response.

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have not sailed all RCI ships, but at least on Legend and Vision this is not true; there are drink stations on the pool deck and they are outside of the Windjammer requiring no cover up. There are also drink stations if you are in the Solarium pool area on those ships.

Thanks for the clarifaction on the 6 vision class ships having drink stations. This is not the case on the later ship builds - no food by the pools on RC. The wipeout cafe on Oasis is the closest option.

Carnival has numerous food options with easy acess to the pool for breakfast lunch and dinner. Latest have Guys burgers, iguana, mongolian wok, deli, pizza, grille, and 2 buffets and 6 ice cream stations between the two pools. My point - Carnival has more casual dining options.

Thanks

Going on Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.

We are going for a friends Bachelor Party getaway! I am a drinker and hope I could purchase some bottles for the room since I heard the smuggler option was out of the question.

Tony, I have the same question. It seems no one has answered your question directly. I am thinking of rum runners or the small 200 ml plastic mini (in the shoe). Then have to buy the "package" on the first sea day. Your thoughts? But I do like; ....not as many fall - down blathering drunks on board..........just arrogant "know it alls" brainwashed by a rewards program....."Rombies" actually.....

Edited by uffdafla
addition

Going on Enchantment of the Seas out of Port Canaveral.

We are going for a friends Bachelor Party getaway! I am a drinker and hope I could purchase some bottles for the room since I heard the smuggler option was out of the question.

You can purchase bottles of wine for the stateroom, but not bottles of hard liquor.