Customs in Lauderdale--live from Connie

rosskeys88

We we assigned group 30 to disembark today--finally after stopping at number 17--they just took everyone off the ship and now we are sitting in a holding room at customs! We're supposed to disembark over an hour ago! What is going on!?

We we assigned group 30 to disembark today--finally after stopping at number 17--they just took everyone off the ship and now we are sitting in a holding room at customs! We're supposed to disembark over an hour ago! What is going on!?

I would be interested if you find out what caused the delay. Hope they get you moving soon!

Suez

We are onboard B2B. The problem is that today the ship is at Terminal 29. Previously the ship had been at terminal 4. Obviously Terminal 29 is not as efficient. Connie will be at Terminal 29 for the rest of the season.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

The only time we have had such a problem was when we were on NCL and drugs were found on a debarking passenger. The off loading process stopped immediately while customs/etc did a fuller investigation.

We were stuck on the ship for approx 2 hrs before people were allowed to start debarking again.

Hopefully you get released soon and that this doesn't screw up the rest of your plans.

How many ships are in port....

Five - about 15,000 capacity. Not light but not unusual either. Although since it is the end of spring break, more or less, some of the ships doing 7 nights might have a lot more than normal capacity on board.

I just talked to the GRM on the Connie. The problem is that there were only 2 customs inspectors assigned to Terminal 29 today. Last week there were 7 at Terminal 4.....

We just departed today. When we got to customs there was only one person checking people out. It was frustrating. As we stepped up the opened a few more stations. But we were in group 30 so there were not that many behind us

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are onboard B2B. The problem is that today the ship is at Terminal 29. Previously the ship had been at terminal 4. Obviously Terminal 29 is not as efficient. Connie will be at Terminal 29 for the rest of the season.

Well that's not good news. Terminal 29 is not fun.

We were in the first group to go on hold-put in the large room-I believe we had #12, when everyone got seated the person holding us said everyone who had there luggage thru #20 could go. Then he kept repeating everyone thru #20 could go-well you know that's all everyone needed to hear so most then went. We were out within a half hour.

The delay was for only two checkers.

We self-embarked around 8:30 for a private pick-up scheduled at 9:30, based on what I had been reading about customs at Port Lauderdale. I am happy to report that although the lines were really long, they moved along fairly fast, even with the 1 or 2 customs agents checking passengers out. We were outside and meeting our limo driver ahead of schedule. :). Made it to West Palm Beach in plenty of time for our flight.

I hope that no one missed there flights yesterday. :eek:

We were in the first group to go on hold-put in the large room-I believe we had #12, when everyone got seated the person holding us said everyone who had there luggage thru #20 could go. Then he kept repeating everyone thru #20 could go-well you know that's all everyone needed to hear so most then went. We were out within a half hour.

The delay was for only two checkers.

Going through Customs in Fort Lauderdale is a terrible experience. We did it last December when we were returning from our Trans Atlantic from Barcelona. We were told to go to Silk Harvest and wait to be called. We were there almost two hours. When we got to the customs shed we were in line two and a half hours more. People were missing flights because of the delays. Fortunately we were staying with friends so our delays was not a serious inconvenience but for many it was. Lesson here is if you are clearing customs in Fort Lauderdale book your flight for later in the day.

Independance of the Seas is at #29 weekly....and she's almost double in size....So, IMO, the current situation is unrelated to #29...but to the C&BP issues.

Does anyone know if any portion of the cruisefare/taxes is specifically earmarked for Customs and Border Control, like when flying something like $2.50 per flight is added on for TSA?