Aruba-Curacao-Bonaire Question

cruisedad2

Hi! We are planning a cruise on Celebrity that goes to Aruba, then Curacao, then Bonaire...my question is if the ship goes to the North of these islands, or to the south (between the islands and South America) as it travels from island to island. I wanted to book a cabin that has a view of the islands, and I need to know which side of the ship to book. Thanks!

If your up early and want to watch then or as you depart to go from port to port the view of the islands would be on the starboard side (right side) of the boat as you transit. You would have a view of Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire from that side. Hope this helps.

If your up early and want to watch then or as you depart to go from port to port the view of the islands would be on the starboard side (right side) of the boat as you transit. You would have a view of Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire from that side. Hope this helps.

I disagree.

We were in a port cabin and had these views of Curacao when we couldn't dock last April 1st ( Easter Monday) due to high winds.

bjfr0g.jpg

f4qn46.jpg

Docking in Bonaire

22ahra.jpg

Leaving Aruba

53redf.jpg

It does of course depend whether the ship backs into the dock, which it sometimes does, rather than bow first.

Edited by upwarduk

Eclipse isn't going there 1 Mar 15, we'd love it if the itinerary changed to include it! Haven't made it there yet (this is our 3d try).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

True, two of the Feb & one Mar 2015 go to Bonaire, our 1 Mar; however, goes to Grenada instead. Guess we'll have to book again for 2016, drat the luck ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I disagree.

We were in a port cabin and had these views of Curacao when we couldn't dock last April 1st ( Easter Monday) due to high winds.

Shame you were not able to dock. There are two docks, I have been at both. The first dock which is farthest from the city center. First two links is sailing into Curacao, going past ship at first dock.

Enchantment of the Seas

http://chasfotos.smugmug.com/Travel/Vikings-Go-Dutch/i-t7Tr5wj

The second dock is inside past the floating bridge. That is a friend of mine on the bridge with our ship docked. The inside dock is preferable.

Curacao, Floating Bridge closing after Westerdam passes

Curacao, on the Floating Bridge

Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire are all different but I recommned them all! Myself, I would not worry about my cabin location and would be up on the deck during the sail ins!

I disagree.

bjfr0g.jpg

f4qn46.jpg

Docking in Bonaire

22ahra.jpg

Leaving Aruba

53redf.jpg

It does of course depend whether the ship backs into the dock, which it sometimes does, rather than bow first.

Thanks for those photos. We were on that very cruise. Hubby was so disappointed to miss Curacao that day. We repeated the same cruise this year and did make it into Curacao, but Granada was substituted for Bonaire.

Looking at how the ABC Islands are situated and how the port towns are situated on the southwest side of the islands, I would suspect that the ship travels a southern route. The southern seas would probably be calmer also.

We have been to Aruba on two land based vacations and are going to Curacao this spring on another land based vacation. We were booked on a 14 night on the Eclipse that ported at the three ABC Islands, but cancelled that and booked a B2B out of San Juan on the Summit for half the cost of the AQ cabin we were booked on the Eclipse. Of course we aren't in an AQ cabin on the Summit.

Charles,

Enjoyed the photos.

Which beach did you go to in Curaçao?

Thanks, Vicky

We went to "Cabana Beach" which is on Seaquarium Beach. There are a number of resorts on Seaquarium Beach. Seaquarium Beach is convienient to take a taxi to. I like Cabana Beach which used to be called Kon Tiki, that is what it was called when I was there the first time, because it has shaded areas and has nice chairs. Seaquarium Beach has several beach resorts that rent chairs. You can pick any of them. The water is pristine clear. Any of the beaches on Curaçao I advise water shoes of some kind.

Any of the beaches on Curaçao I advise water shoes of some kind.

Yes, best to take water shoes to Curacao, Bonaire, and some beaches in Aruba. All three have beautiful clear water and lovely beaches ... just rocky in the water.

LuLu

~~~

Hi! We are planning a cruise on Celebrity that goes to Aruba, then Curacao, then Bonaire...my question is if the ship goes to the North of these islands, or to the south (between the islands and South America) as it travels from island to island. I wanted to book a cabin that has a view of the islands, and I need to know which side of the ship to book. Thanks!

Our Dec 28 Eclipse cruise called on Aruba and Curacao. Both ports were approached from the south side of the island. In fact when we docked at both islands, the port side of the ship had the view of the island. You can see for yourself--Eclipse docks at Aruba on Tuesday--here is the live Port of Aruba webcam.

------You can see for yourself--Eclipse docks at Aruba on Tuesday--here is the live Port of Aruba webcam.

Depends if it's the first port of call or last, as ours was last in 2013.

We were there Wed 3rd April ( after Bonaire)

Yes, you are right. The 2013-2014 season is finishing with the current sailing which visits Aruba 1st. Aruba is 1st on all 2014-2015 season sailings. There is one sailing in the 2015-2016 season that visits Aruba next-to-last, all others go to Aruba 1st (if Aruba is on the itinerary at all).

Edited by mahdnc

Very envious of those of you who have ALL three ABC islands on your itinerary.

We've been to all three several times but have never been lucky enough to go to them all on the same sailing.

LuLu

~~~~

If you can tear yourself away from Celebrity, both HAL and RCCL have itineraries that do alll 3. I've done the HAL one twice, doing the RCCL one Dec of this year.