This was supposed to be a glorious day instead I am at the ER

We are supposed to be boarding Liberty right now , instead I am in the ER

Last week I was having some abdominal pain so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with gastritis. He put me on Nexium so as soon as i came home from his office i threw up and felt better. By the weekend I felt 100% no pain

This morning as we are getting ready to leave he calls me and tells me I need to go to the ER asap because my blood work shows elevated liver function and maybe I suffer from gallbladder stones? He urges me not to go on the cruise unless ER clears my blood work and ultra sound

So hysterically I go to the ER and now waiting for the results ... hoping and praying it will be OK and we can actually make down to the port in time

Called RCCL they were nice enough to give me couple options to salvage my vacation and money ... i did not buy the trip insurance let this be a lesson learned

I am so sad.. i feel so stupid :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I hope that your test results come back favorable. I know it's a tough thing when you've been anticipating a cruise, but if you truly do have a health issue it's good that it was discovered before you were somewhere in the middle of the ocean and someplace where you can get quality treatment. I will send "positive vibes" your way, and let us all know what happens.

This happened to us a week before one of our cruises and it was very stressful.

Hope you get your test results back quickly-keep bugging them, don't just sit and wait quietly.

You do not want to have a gallstone attack in the middle of the ocean so if it is that, it's probably better that they caught it now.

Ditto on what Marci22 said. Aside from the obviouse worry for your health, it's especially a concern since you don't have the insurance. Being life-flighted off a ship, has got to be hugely expensive.

Sending up some good thoughts, that it all works out ok.

Edited by Gayle V

Hope it all works out for you. On Independence, we were almost run over by medics and a gurney making a dash for the elevator on embarkation day.

If it's so critical, why didn't the doctor call you sooner?

Edited by knittinggirl

Praying for your health.

Hopefully we will see a post that you arrived at port healthy and ready to cruise.

If not..............

You did the right thing, and listened to your doctor.

Good Luck

Sea Ya

Never mind that you did not buy insurance. The most important thing is that you should feel lucky enough to realize that you were not on the ship and several days out to sea getting a gall bladder attach. Then you might have had to be air lifted off the ship to a hospital away from home.

Sending you good thoughts that everything will work out for you.

I had elevated liver enzymes on two separate occasions when I had severe nausea and vomiting. Both times the symptoms resolved on their own with no further treatment. (However, it's still a mystery why they were elevated. My gallbladder is long gone). I hope that numbers will be headed back to normal and you'll be able to sail.

Your health comes first. I'm truly hoping you'll either be sailing or able to catch up with the ship.

Last week I was having some abdominal pain so I went to the doctor and he diagnosed me with gastritis. He put me on Nexium so as soon as i came home from his office i threw up and felt better. By the weekend I felt 100% no pain

This morning as we are getting ready to leave he calls me and tells me I need to go to the ER asap because my blood work shows elevated liver function and maybe I suffer from gallbladder stones? He urges me not to go on the cruise unless ER clears my blood work and ultra sound

So hysterically I go to the ER and now waiting for the results ... hoping and praying it will be OK and we can actually make down to the port in time

Called RCCL they were nice enough to give me couple options to salvage my vacation and money ... i did not buy the trip insurance let this be a lesson learned

I am so sad.. i feel so stupid :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We hope your results will be good.It's all been said, but your heath is more important then a cruise.You may be sad but you are not stupid.:)

I'm so sorry!! I know what this feels like as I missed sailing on Indy b/c I got sick down in FLL the morning of embarkation.

I hope you can board!! If not, it will work out and you'll get to go again....just so stressful and disappointing, I know.

Guess what the first thing was that I thought of when I started to read this thread.

I pray that the test results will be positive and that you can go on your cruise.

God Bless your doctor for contacting you before you left to go on your cruise.

\

We can definitely sympathise with you. We had a B2B on March 30 & April 6

scheduled since the sailings first came out. We had to get a new cardiologist,

who did a stress test on us both. He discovered that DH' s heart was only pumping 30% of what it should have been doing. So, on Feb. 25, he had a

pacemaker/defibrillator implanted, but we thought he would be ok by March 30.

On March 15, he said he felt really bad. I was talking to the doctor when the

defibrillator shocked him. Panic! Trip to emergency surgery, because one of the leads had pulled out. After 3 hours of surgery, we both knew the B2B's were

not to be.

Yesterday and the Sunday before, we watched "our ship" sail away, sad, but

thankful that we weren't in the middle of the ocean. Cruises can be replaced; husbands can't!

We never sail without travel insurance booked at cruise booking, so thankfully

all we are out is the cost of the insurance.

Hope everything will work out well for you.

Cruzin Lady