Enchantment of the Seas - Grand Suite

I think I have decided against Allure of the Seas and will scale down our cruise to just a 4 night on Enchantment of the Seas. I'm curious to know what recent cruisers thoughts are on the Grand Suites on Enchantment. I see they are directly below the Windjammer which makes me think there will be a lot of extra noise from above.

Initially I was trying to save money by downgrading ships and length of cruise but then I thought the added amenities of a suite might help to make up for everything we will miss by not going on one of the mega ships ...

Now to decide if the added amenities are worth the extra $$ ...

How much $ are you saving? If you are saving quite a bit or the price is the same I would go with the GS. What room category did you have on Allure? And I have to say, the GS benefits look awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

I think I have decided against Allure of the Seas and will scale down our cruise to just a 4 night on Enchantment of the Seas. I'm curious to know what recent cruisers thoughts are on the Grand Suites on Enchantment. I see they are directly below the Windjammer which makes me think there will be a lot of extra noise from above.

Initially I was trying to save money by downgrading ships and length of cruise but then I thought the added amenities of a suite might help to make up for everything we will miss by not going on one of the mega ships ...

Now to decide if the added amenities are worth the extra $$ ...

Enchantment is a very nice ship, but will not have many of the venues that Allure does, such as the Aqua Theater, Zip Line, Studio B Ice Rink and show, Comedy Club, Jazz Club, fewer specialty restaurants, Royal Promenade, etc.

The suite will provide you with access to the Concierge Lounge and Concierge services, reserved theater seating, and in room MDR dining services. Full list of suite benefits are available at the RCI site but note that not all are available on all ships. (such as reserved pool seating, as example).

While both ships are similar in basic offerings and cruising style as they are both RCI ships, they are completely different from each other with what is on board as indicated.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Being in a grand suite , or any cabin on Enchantment pales against any experience you will have on the Allure . I am not saying that Enchantment is bad, but it is an older ship with few of the newer amenities.

If you decide to change from the Allure to the Enchantment, please do your homework and understand what you are getting from each ship.

Enjoy

M

I have no idea what you would pay for the GS on Enchantment for 4 nights but a random booking shows me 979.00 per person and thats about as cheap as I can find.

If it were me, Id book Freedom of the Seas and take the longer cruise on a much better ship but likely still much cheaper than booking Allure. You could likely get a balcony on Freedom for the same price or even less as the GS on Enchantment and have 3 more nights of cruising to boot.

3 more nights at sea on a bigger and better ship trumps any perks a suite would get you at least in my honest opinion anyway. Ill take the longer cruise any day and pay for my own drinks during happy hour that goes on in the CL. :)

Edited by ryano

While I would LOVE to be able to experience the Allure or even Freedom, both of those ships sail on Sunday which would require us to fly in that day. Absolutely no way we can fly in a day early. While I know many people have success with flying in on the day the cruise departs, I'm not thrilled with the added stress of potential flight delays.

The $$ savings of a Grand Suite vs. Balcony on Allure or Freedom wouldn't be significant but I'm thinking peace of mind might be.

Seeing that the Grand Suites are below the Windjammer has me concerned with noise .. would have to shell out the extra $$ only to be annoyed with constant noise .. decisions .. decisions ...

While I would LOVE to be able to experience the Allure or even Freedom, both of those ships sail on Sunday which would require us to fly in that day. Absolutely no way we can fly in a day early. While I know many people have success with flying in on the day the cruise departs, I'm not thrilled with the added stress of potential flight delays.

The $$ savings of a Grand Suite vs. Balcony on Allure or Freedom wouldn't be significant but I'm thinking peace of mind might be.

Seeing that the Grand Suites are below the Windjammer has me concerned with noise .. would have to shell out the extra $$ only to be annoyed with constant noise .. decisions .. decisions ...

Why don't you try a junior suite? And I don't think WJ will be too loud. Only from 8-3 ish. Go on August 4th!

You might hear a thump now and again.....we've been under the WJ, and what noises there were didn't keep us from sleeping.....it's not like the constant noise of a jackhammer, or anything! A thump....a scrape....just now and again.

We've sailed both on the Allure and Enchantment. As someone said, it's like comparing apples to oranges. Completely different experiences

We found the Enchantment to be perfect for shorter cruises. There is plenty to do ... even for our kids. They were totally entertained with the pool, movies, shows, kids' club, etc. Plus they LOVED our GS which we could probably never afford on Allure. We had a balcony on our Allure cruise.

The lounge was wonderful. We took full advantage of that perk -- as well as booking a cabana on Coco Cay. Which we did in advance through the concierge.

Our GS was a little noisy but because it was near a service elevator. We frequently heard carts rolling by. It wasn't horrible but we did notice it.

There are pics of our GS in my review in the signature.

If you can't take a seven-day, then a GS on the Enchantment is a lovely way to cruise. :D

The possibility of hearing noise from Deck 9 will affect any cabin on Deck 8 on Enchantment. You may hear trolleys/chairs being moved around in the WJ, or chairs being dragged out by the pool. It really isn't that bad and is tolerable, but if noise is an issue, it can be annoying.

What suites accombadtae 5?

On Enchantment, the only suite that will accommodate 5 would be the Royal Family Suite, which accommodates up to 8, and I think 5 would be the minimum booking.

Other than that, the only non-suite choice is the Family Ocean View stateroom, which can accommodate up to 6.

All other staterooms and suites are up to 4.

We were in Owner Suite 8022 on Enchantment and were awakened early in the mornings by carts of supplies being wheeled in the Windjammer above. This suite is adjacent to some Grand Suites, so I fear the problem will be the same in many of those.

We were on Enchantment last year cabin 8532, it was very noisy at times. With that being said, we booked Grandeur this year for 18 days again in a GS. Again it was noisy but a different kind of noise because we were below the ice cream machine (BTW the ice cream is in a bag) YUCK also above us was the coffee & tea and Coke machines. People kept moving the chairs & tables around and that was unbelievably noisy. Suite no. 8510. Love the GS's but would not do it again, unless we were all the way forward toward the bridge.