Price drop

coops

Interesting price drop. We have a D1 booked for 9/14 LoS, Med Cruise. We were able to take care of the April savings which netted us a $150 drop. Then yesterday AM, the same rate was in place. Then yesterday afternoon the rate dropped, another $396. Now... this morning, that $396 drop is gone. I'm glad I called RCCL on the spot and was able to grab the less than 24 hr drop. :D

Interesting price drop. We have a D1 booked for 9/14 LoS, Med Cruise. We were able to take care of the April savings which netted us a $150 drop. Then yesterday AM, the same rate was in place. Then yesterday afternoon the rate dropped, another $396. Now... this morning, that $396 drop is gone. I'm glad I called RCCL on the spot and was able to grab the less than 24 hr drop. :D
Good catch! Sometimes you have to be really quick with the phone!

I am arguing with Rccl regarding a price drop....Indy March 14, last night the military rate dropped 150 pp...their website and another showed the rate as $844....originally had $994.... They adjust to the new price but I "lose" my balcony discount of $225....they are telling me now that my rate of $844 included a savings certificate of 150pp... Which of course is more than 225...and I cannot apply both! I say BS! The military rate was 844... No mention of a discount anywhere... And how would another travel site have the "special" c and a rate showing when nowhere did I tell the site who I was or what my status was....there was obviously some sort of glitch in their system and they won't stand behind what was advertised...ugh!!!!

Call them back. Try a different rep. Do it a few times. If this doesn't work, ask for a supervisor.

I did speak to a supervisor...who then spoke to his supervisor....the story that they are sticking to is that there was an "system error" in making the $844 military rate available to those not c and a members and that the $844 indeed is inclusive of a c and a discount of 150 pp....I learned...I will take a screenshot of what I see next time...I was a travel agent years ago and I know what I saw...I saw rate of 1199 discounted 355 pp for military rate...they say I saw 205pp military discount and a 150 c and a discount...I did not! It said $355 pp military discount! I sent a Email....we will see if I get a response....

Whoever asked about the insurance rate being different for various members of your party, yes it is based on the cost of the cruise you are insuring (usually to the next $1,000….. SO if your cruise is $2,007, just insure for $2000), and is also based on age.

BONNIE I've learned when I see a price, or a price drop, I need to take a screen shot of it. Won't help now but for further price drops, maybe it will.

Make sure you are logged in when you are doing your price checks now. With the new Crown and Anchor rates that started as of today, you will not see the rate otherwise. We got a CAS rate this morning which lowered a nice residency rate that we already had but you have to be careful to check if the CAS rate is the best option or you C&A balcony discount as you can't have both.

I did speak to a supervisor...who then spoke to his supervisor....the story that they are sticking to is that there was an "system error" in making the $844 military rate available to those not c and a members and that the $844 indeed is inclusive of a c and a discount of 150 pp....I learned...I will take a screenshot of what I see next time...I was a travel agent years ago and I know what I saw...I saw rate of 1199 discounted 355 pp for military rate...they say I saw 205pp military discount and a 150 c and a discount...I did not! It said $355 pp military discount! I sent a Email....we will see if I get a response....

Unfortunately, they have programmed a system that does not break out the components of a "discount", so we have no way to confirm the elements of a price drop now.

I also saw a price drop on the Jewel in July. Called my TA and I received a $1,100 drop on a B2B. But due to the April special, I had to give up my Diamond Discount of $400 for the balcony for the B2B. I was still able to keep my senior discount though. I'm still thinking about that $400 though...

What is this balcony discount I hear about? Thanks for any info

It's a discount based on Crown & Anchor level and length of cruise:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 50* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$ 75* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Balcony Discount When Booking More Than 6 Months From Sailing Date:

$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights

$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

You check the prices by doing a mock booking of your same category stateroom on Royal's website. If you find the price has gone down since you booked, and it's before final payment date, then call whoever booked your cruise and request a price adjustment.

I haven't cruised Royal for two years and am looking to book a Jan 2015 cruise. Just to see prices for different categories and positions on the ship, I do a "mock" before making final decisions. For two days this has been impossible -- it won't give me potential cabin availability. It just throws up the ever-obnoxious "do you want to upgrade" message and whether you say "yes" or 'No thanks" the same message "can't fill your request at this time" (or something like that) comes up. I have made two phone calls -- one to crown and anchor and one to the number for website questions and got "ho hum" and told to use the drop down under "preparing to board" to send an email with the form. Now who would have thought to look there for a form on the website? Do you think this is about the new whatever that is to hit today and that I see no sign of? Such a glitch would wreak havoc for price drop checking. Although they have always had my proper email, I have heard nothing from them (or Celebrity for that matter), by mail or email in over 2 yrs. I have 9 sailings between the two of them.

A quick question: it always used to be that no agent could undercut the prices of RCCL or X quoted on their site (they could give bennies, however). For the first time I am seeing lower prices with on-line travel outlets than I am seeing on RCCL's own site. What's with that? Have things changed?

A quick question: it always used to be that no agent could undercut the prices of RCCL or X quoted on their site (they could give bennies, however). For the first time I am seeing lower prices with on-line travel outlets than I am seeing on RCCL's own site. What's with that? Have things changed?

The rules have not changed. However, the agents could have reserved group space when prices were lower, and they are permitted to sell at the earlier(lower) prices.

Edited by clarea

How often do you check the website? I am so excited with the prospect of a price drop, I fear I may be going overboard! Is once or twice a day sufficient? Because I have been on like 7 times today and is only 5pm ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How often do you check the website? I am so excited with the prospect of a price drop, I fear I may be going overboard! Is once or twice a day sufficient? Because I have been on like 7 times today and is only 5pm ;)

At least several times a day.

YIKES!!!!!! I just checked my sailing on FOS for January sailing and it went up $200 per person. That's an increase of $400!!!! Glad I booked when I did. What's the catch? This sailing seems to still have a TON of open cabins still. Figured they'd lower it to sell some rooms.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

At least several times a day.

Clarea,

Question do you know what is going on with the discounts for some booking? :confused: One we are looking at has a $200 discount with no explanation and another has a $53 discount with no explanation. I have checked the RC web to see if there are special offers but can't find anything! I don't mind the discount but it isn't state, Military or age related! I love the discount but . . . :D Have any ideas?

Clarea,

Question do you know what is going on with the discounts for some booking? :confused: One we are looking at has a $200 discount with no explanation and another has a $53 discount with no explanation. I have checked the RC web to see if there are special offers but can't find anything! I don't mind the discount but it isn't state, Military or age related! I love the discount but . . . :D Have any ideas?

I'm also confused because they don't specify the nature of the discount. I'd try calling their customer service and ask. I know there's an April promo going on now, and that might account for the $200, but I don't know what the $53 would be.

So this probably answers my question then. You started with a residency discount, and were still able to get additional price drops.

I started with April Savings discount, but if I see a residency or other discount, I could get that, even if I've already received a different discount?

must check it out.

I'm also confused because they don't specify the nature of the discount. I'd try calling their customer service and ask. I know there's an April promo going on now, and that might account for the $200, but I don't know what the $53 would be.

Bob,

Thanks so much for your answer. I'm glad that I'm not the only one confused! :)