Super Upset with Celebrity, Worst cruise ever!!

lthouseprincess

We just did a back to back on the Summit, the first week was amazing fantastic and perfect, the second was the worst service I had ever had in the 19 cruises we have taken.

Does anyone here have a phone or email address of who I can contact about several issues that we had on our recent cruise? We tried to address them on board and did not have success, we have filled out the comment cards with out reply and I have left a few messages only to be told I will be contacted.

We just did a back to back on the Summit, the first week was amazing fantastic and perfect, the second was the worst service I had ever had in the 19 cruises we have taken.

Does anyone here have a phone or email address of who I can contact about several issues that we had on our recent cruise? We tried to address them on board and did not have success, we have filled out the comment cards with out reply and I have left a few messages only to be told I will be contacted.

If you look at the "Contact Us" area on the front of the website, there

is a "Post Cruise" number.....Corporate Guest Relations:

800 256 6649.

Did you speak with the Hotel Director on the ship? He is the one who

needs to know about service issues.

Some details would be appreciated. We were on the "amazing fantastic and perfect" 3-29 week and it was great. What happened? There were a lot of B2Bers on those cruises. What do they have to say about the second week?

No information about where the cruise went?!

Summit sails various itineraries. She does Bermuda during the

summer months, Southern Caribbean in the winter months and New

England/Canada during Sept/Oct. Since this is the end of the Caribbean

season for her, I am guessing the OP did b2b Caribbean cruises.

We were on during the same span they were, and had the same conclusion. Not only did service not live up to Celebrity's standards, it failed to meet the standards of any of our 15 sailings among 5 separate lines. Finding several others that had similar experiences, so this is no surprise. Many of you do tend to be a bit defensive to harsh criticism, but from the perspective of a previously loyal X'er, the cut backs are putting too much strain on staff and service is not what it used to be.

We were on during the same span they were, and had the same conclusion. Not only did service not live up to Celebrity's standards, it failed to meet the standards of any of our 15 sailings among 5 separate lines. Finding several others that had similar experiences, so this is no surprise. Many of you do tend to be a bit defensive to harsh criticism, but from the perspective of a previously loyal X'er, the cut backs are putting too much strain on staff and service is not what it used to be.

I find this really interesting. Do you mean you found a marked difference between week 1 and week 2? Or do you mean that service was not up to par for the entire two week period? From last week's cruise, I do agree that the staff is overextended in many areas.

At least you gave something to take from your experience. We cruised on Celebrity last month on the Constellation and it was the best cruise we have ever had from a service perspective and it was our 18th cruise on 4 lines. It appears then to me that all over the industry, cutbacks to perks, staffing, and even food quality is creating inconsistent service among ships and brands, so much so that it can change one week to the next while still on the same ship as is the case for this OP. Whatever her situation was, whether she posts the info or not, I hope that she is able to resolve with Celebrity whatever took place to turn a dream into a nightmare.

We were on B/B cruises 3/22 & 3/29, the second week service was better than 3/22. The staff on the 3/22 seemed way over worked or under staffed, the pool bar service was no where to be found, dinning room service was very slow and orders were mixed up, was a much younger crowd a lot of high school and college age passengers the first week. The second week the staff seemed more relaxed, smiles and a lot were going home after the 3/29 cruise. Maybe their replacements needed to get back into the swing of things, therefore the 4/5 cruise may have been hectic. Would like to know what was wrong with the 4/5 cruise. We still enjoyed both weeks thats why we booked it again same Time same Ship for 2015.

lthouseprincess - Answer if you would like. It's your choice. I was not being critical when I asked my question. ;) I was only interested in how a cruise (same ship/same timeframe) could be so different from one another. I am sorry that your second week didn't live up to the first week. That must have been disappointing.:(

PS - Someone mentioned the cutting back of staff and overworked servers, etc. On my last cruise, my daughters and I witnessed a few waiters (at different times) getting into shouting matches because of some things not going right. :eek: One waiter even told the Head Waiter that he was quitting and leaving the ship the next day. :(

Edited by Iamthesea

lthouseprincess - Answer if you would like. It's your choice. I was not being critical when I asked my question. ;) I was only interested in how a cruise (same ship/same timeframe) could be so different from one another. I am sorry that your second week didn't live up to the first week. That must have been disappointing.:(

PS - Someone mentioned the cutting back of staff and overworked servers, etc. On my last cruise, my daughters and I witnessed a few waiters (at different times) getting into shouting matches because of some things not going right. :eek: One waiter even told the Head Waiter that he was quitting and leaving the ship the next day. :(

Could you please tell me if that was in Select or Traditional dining?

Edited by Christine Frances

I have never sailed Celebrity yet. I do like to explore ships on my own and get excited. I see a cruise for the coast. But I am reading a lot of negative things. Now I am not picky about food, as long as I can eat I am okay. OP I hope your next sailing goes much better.

Ok, thank all of you who answered and did not judge.

I did not mean to tease anyone or fan any flames. We had the same room, attenedant who was awesome.

We had dining issues that then turned into front desk issues and never being directed to the person who could have fixed this all on night 1. It started with for some reason we were changed from early dining to late even though we had confirmed early and stated so on our documents. We were seated and then saw no one in our section working for the first 20 minutes of the assigned dining time, other tables as well had the same issue, then the first person came to our tables, dropped menus, mubbled something and was gone. Someone else came back took our order and left. Our app came out, delivered by another person we had not seen. then it really was 40 minutes later and another person came took our app plates away and replaced with entree (our other apps were never delivered) and the food was cold. I am not talking warm not hot, not even warm. We waitied and waitied and no one ever came back. So we (and many other tables) left. I went to thr hostest stand to talk with the manager but the hostess was gone. So we went to the front desk and asked for help. Long story short it took 4 nights for us to talk face to face with someone, we kept getting passed onto others and the reason they kept giving us was that they are very busy. so and so can't help you they are busy. the dining manager is busy he usually takes 2-3 days to reply. Needless to say other issues had also arrived and everytime we tried to work with the front desk they were not helpful. Never was i expecting anything except an I'm sorry and lets fix this. No one could tell us why our dinner was changed, they told me I was wrong I never had early dining, when I produced the paperwork, then it was I must have changed it on line to late seating. I don't care why can it be fixed. after being told no by several people at the front desk when we finally talked to to dining manager 4 nights later it is switched and in talking to our new dining staff, they were bored becasue the early eating was very empty and they all had to many empty tables.

Then to come home and find our room charges all messed up. We were 2 people (not related) and we each had established seperate accounts for our charges and we came back to it all mixed up on each others cards and not a simple I got hers and she got mine, it is all over the place mixed up.

I didn't read any more of the drama past the first page so someone else may have answered it.

You should have received a questionnaire to rate the cruise thru a email. It has to be completed within one week of the cruise. There is a section to make comments. This is now taking place of the form that they use to use.

🌅

I did not mean to tease anyone or fan any flames. We had the same room, attenedant who was awesome.

We had dining issues that then turned into front desk issues and never being directed to the person who could have fixed this all on night 1. It started with for some reason we were changed from early dining to late even though we had confirmed early and stated so on our documents. We were seated and then saw no one in our section working for the first 20 minutes of the assigned dining time, other tables as well had the same issue, then the first person came to our tables, dropped menus, mubbled something and was gone. Someone else came back took our order and left. Our app came out, delivered by another person we had not seen. then it really was 40 minutes later and another person came took our app plates away and replaced with entree (our other apps were never delivered) and the food was cold. I am not talking warm not hot, not even warm. We waitied and waitied and no one ever came back. So we (and many other tables) left. I went to thr hostest stand to talk with the manager but the hostess was gone. So we went to the front desk and asked for help. Long story short it took 4 nights for us to talk face to face with someone, we kept getting passed onto others and the reason they kept giving us was that they are very busy. so and so can't help you they are busy. the dining manager is busy he usually takes 2-3 days to reply. Needless to say other issues had also arrived and everytime we tried to work with the front desk they were not helpful. Never was i expecting anything except an I'm sorry and lets fix this. No one could tell us why our dinner was changed, they told me I was wrong I never had early dining, when I produced the paperwork, then it was I must have changed it on line to late seating. I don't care why can it be fixed. after being told no by several people at the front desk when we finally talked to to dining manager 4 nights later it is switched and in talking to our new dining staff, they were bored becasue the early eating was very empty and they all had to many empty tables.

Then to come home and find our room charges all messed up. We were 2 people (not related) and we each had established seperate accounts for our charges and we came back to it all mixed up on each others cards and not a simple I got hers and she got mine, it is all over the place mixed up.

Thank you for taking the time to come back and post what took place. I am sorry that they turned what started out as an amazing cruise into a bad one the 2nd week. From what I gather in another thread it appears there was a changeover in crew in between your weeks. My guess is that many of the dining room staff changed and nobody seemed to have a clue where to be or what to do. To be told you were wrong and must have changed your seating is ridiculous and you provided proof. To be ignored for nearly 4 days and given excuse after excuse would upset anybody. I certainly hope someone at Celebrity responds to you and offers something of value you can use on a future cruise if you even want to sail Celebrity again. Best wishes.

Edited by cruisingsince94
spelling

That does sound like a mess. Sorry that you had issues with getting a speedy resolution. I would have asked for the hotel director to contact me after the first day of not getting this corrected. No excuses for what you had to go through.

It seems that the cruise lines have an issue with keeping separate accounts. I have read the same complaint on a number of boards. It comes down to the way that the check-in process is set up. Hopefully your next cruise will be better and hopefully you will give Celebrity another try.

Our very first cruise will be aboard the summit in June. Posts like this always have me a bit worried on how service will be on the ship........... How was the rest of the ship - not taking into account the charges and the MDR?? Was the rest of the ship service ok?

Whenever we try a new restaurant out or hotel if service is bad we usually give it more than one try to see if maybe they are just having an off night. Twice means no this is just how they are. But a cruise is a different story. Hard to give a cruise line more than one chance to get it right.

I have my fingers crossed that the crew is on top of their game in June,

Sorry you guys had a bad 2nd week. If anything would have been better to have a bad first week and perfect 2nd week compared to the other way around.

To the OP - sorry your 2nd week sucked because of your dining disaster, hopefully Louis et al gave you the info you need to complain to X.

I realize you probably just returned and are upset about the service and the charges that got mixed up, but unless something else drastic happened I can hardly qualify this as the worst cruise ever, think Carnival last year. You really should call Captains Club I think they may be able to help.

You have probably read a few hundred posts on this board am I right ? So the title of your thread caused some alarm or more than likely curiosity from all here. That is the reason for all the back and forth :)

Sure hope you give X another try. Good luck getting those CC charges straight.

Tony-

Based on the recent tone of so many of the thread repiles in the last few weeks, no matter what you say or how you say it, you'll catch some type of flack from the "loyalists". Even us Elite Plusers aren't permitted to have a negative opinion whether it's deserving or not. It's because of this I decided to give NO feedback on our recent March 30 Silhouette.

Hope all is well in CA. (yes he DOES live there)

Carol

Wow. Just, Wow. I'm so sorry you had to spend over HALF of this portion of your cruise trying to sort out a simple dining request.