Aft vs Slant Hump balcony on Reflection

elliekate

I am having second doubts after booking an aft cabin on Reflection (deck 11) in 2/2015. We absolutely love the Summit aft balconies but after reading about the aft balconies on Reflection, I am thinking about moving to one of the slant balconies near the hump! I don't like the idea of no overhang and therefore all sun or rain as the case may be. Also, the balcony is much smaller than on the M class ships and then there are the reports about soot! YIKES! I would appreciate any advice as to what to do! Thanks!

It may not be as easy as you think to switch. Those blaconies on the slant go fast.

That's what we thought and booked a rear facing slant on deck 9 in January for this Saturday's sailing. As recently as March 17th (yes, I watched :rolleyes: ), there was an identical cabin on deck 7 available for $1,000 less than what we'd paid in January. (4 pax).

I realize that's the cost of booking early and getting the exact cabin you want, but to me, it's not worth $1,000. YMMV, TEHO, Etc.

To the OP: We've had both front and rear-facing slants and prefer the rear-facing ones for wind reasons.

Edited by rbsmithpaige

That's what we thought and booked a rear facing slant on deck 9 in January for this Saturday's sailing. As recently as March 17th (yes, I watched :rolleyes: ), there was an identical cabin on deck 7 available for $1,000 less than what we'd paid in January. (4 pax).

I realize that's the cost of booking early and getting the exact cabin you want, but to me, it's not worth $1,000. YMMV, TEHO, Etc.

To the OP: We've had both front and rear-facing slants and prefer the rear-facing ones for wind reasons.

That is a problem that the cruise line faces and may do something to prevent it. People will book those cabins ASAP to have it and then before the 60 day drop dead date cancel without any costs. They will book a lot of cruises locking up those cabins just in case.

🚢

Go for the angled balcony...we have one for Relection in Nov....I think it faces rear but looks huge on the plans

we got sooted on Silho while sitting at the aft bar area....soot completely covered the area and peple out there in a few seconds...Celeb handled it well with free laundry..etc but would not want to take a chance with a balc back there if they are possibly soot targets...It is a greasy, oily mess...

Have a great cruise!

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone! I just booked three slants...two on the aft side of the hump and one on the forward side. We have several other friends who are in between us on the middle of the hump. It was a difficult decision but I think we will be happy with the balcony. We can always go back to aft cabins the next time we are on the Summit!

We were in 2106 (back end of the hump) on the Reflection 3/29 cruise. We loved the balcony. Relatively speaking, it was huge. We appreciated the overhang and the depth of the balcony since it provided protection from sun and eyes and the depth of the balcony allowed us to sit by the railing for sun or further back for shade.

Just returned from the Reflection....4/12 sailing. We has an Aft Suite on Deck 12 and would do it again. As was mentioned, a bit of a walk to the elevators but we look at it as earning a gelato. Some overhead noise from time to time with chairs moving on 14 observation deck but no biggie. The panoramic view while having breakfast on the balcony is worth it just for that.

We have always loved the aft balconies on the Radiance Class of RCi (and will be enjoying one on a B2B southern Caribbean in just 10 days!:D) but am concerned about the aft on the Solstice after reading this thread. We are looking at booking a cruise on the Solstice while onboard the JOTS and trying to figure out our best placement. The cruise is so far out that we should have some great choices. We have never been on Celebrity before, so this will be all new ground for us. Any suggestions are appreciated.