Adam Goldstein is on CBS

He is being asked about sickness on ships and the bad rap cruiselines have been getting the last couple of years. He says loyal cruisers are coming back but he said the biggest challenge is convincing new cruisers to book.

There are repeated questions about Norovirus and he is talking about the attention they give to stopping that onboard.

He is very pleased about Quantuim going to Asia next year and the success of the company in China.

Edited by joandian

He is being asked about sickness on ships and the bad rap cruiselines have been getting the last couple of years. He says loyal cruisers are coming back but he said the biggest challenge is convincing new cruisers to book.

There are repeated questions about Norovirus and he is talking about the attention they give to stopping that onboard.

He is very pleased about Quantuim going to Asia next year and the success of the company in China.

He may be one of the very few people in the United States with that opinion. :mad:

I wouldn't say that. We are waiting for the relocation itinerary and possibly booking it.

Based on more than a year promoting Quantum in the U.S....and then moving the ship....followed by promoting Anthem ported in FLL for the U.S. cruise season....and now changing all that in the 11th hour....

Two words:

Quantum Fraud.

Based on more than a year promoting Quantum in the U.S....and then moving the ship....followed by promoting Anthem ported in FLL for the U.S. cruise season....and now changing all that in the 11th hour....

Two words:

Quantum Fraud.

Wonder how the Chinese will take to Dynamic Dining and all the variables that seemed to be done for Western tastes?

Wonder how the Chinese will take to Dynamic Dining and all the variables that seemed to be done for Western tastes?

From what I've been told, they are mostly interested in gambling and shopping, and the dining experience is not that important.

Two words:

Quantum Fraud.

Pardon me and maybe Im just easily amused but I just got a HUGE chuckle out of your signature where it says "Removed Anthem of the Seas - no longer interested"

LOL!

Don't think "western taste" mean a thing. Look at O & A, USA cruisers are often a minority on these 2 ships. rci ships are built for international cruising and have been for years now. People from china and Japan want to get a taste of western culture just like Americans travel there for their culture.

During Goldstein's interview, Gayle King said she'd sailed years ago on a Royal Caribbean ship and knew the merits of cruising. But while Goldstein was talking about attracting first-timers, they were flashing statistics of norovirus on the screen. Grandeur's past 2 weeks with the bug were flashed as 2 separate entries.

Then they showed a nice photo of Grandeur's scorched aft section after the fire last year.

On the other hand, they did show norovirus as affecting only .006% of all cruise passengers.

But what facts/images do you think the uninitiated will take away?

And I thought only CNN made it standard practice to paint cruising as a date with certain death. :rolleyes:

I haven't followed Quantum closely because it seems a floating Disneyworld I'll never set foot on, so I was shocked when Goldstein mentioned, seeming very pleased, that it will be deployed to China PDQ.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the ship will be received there. Anybody know if bumper cars are popular in China?

Edited by LuvBNatC
typo

During Goldstein's interview, Gayle King said she'd sailed years ago on a Royal Caribbean ship and knew the merits of cruising. But while Goldstein was talking about attracting first-timers, they were flashing statistics of norovirus on the screen. Grandeur's past 2 weeks with the bug were flashed as 2 separate entries.

Then they showed a nice photo of Grandeur's scorched aft section after the fire last year.

On the other hand, they did show norovirus as affecting only .006% of all cruise passengers.

But what facts/images do you think the uninitiated will take away?

And I thought only CNN made it standard practice to paint cruising as a date with certain death. :rolleyes:

I haven't followed Quantum closely because it seems a floating Disneyworld I'll never set foot on, so I was shocked when Goldstein mentioned, seeming very pleased, that it will be deployed to China PDQ.

Yes, it will be interesting to see how the ship will be received there. Anybody know if bumper cars are popular in China?

Well, it is SeeBS after all:eek:

Watched it this morning. Adam G did make a point of saying that noro hits all areas of the travel industry but cruiselines are the only ones who have to report any kind of health or safety issues.

Just look at some of the expose's done on the hotel industry and bedbugs. And in the finer hotels too!!

If other areas of hospitality industry had to report health or safety incidents I bet cruising would look like the safest kind of vacation.

I saw him this morning and listen to his speech on noro and how its very common at hotels, schools & ships. Wonder why he didn't stand up and tell Gail, Heck, we have noro right now on Independence of the Seas.:eek: