Suggestions to NCL on how to enhance/improve cruise experirence

jmele999

Okay, I know I posted this elsewhere but gotta add it here....

Crew members should have their names and positions filled out on hero cards and if ASKED should hand them out to the passanger(s) that ask. It's much easier for me who can't remember names or can't spell.

Harriet

As a TA - I know they are the best out there in regards to training and educating. That's my opinion of course.

who in your opinion is the worst. and why is there so much turnover

Have one side of ship's balconies non smoking and one side smoking. I know everyone has rights but when a non smoker is next to a smoker on his/her balcony, it is not fun for the non smoker. Some smokers are more considerate than others. This would help NCL differentiate itself from RCL who has said no smoking on all balconies, and from other lines that allow smoking on all balconies.

I love this idea too! I was really worried we would have a smoker next to us. We did have one below us, but he wasn't out there too much.

Crew members should have their names and positions filled out on hero cards and if ASKED should hand them out to the passanger(s) that ask. It's much easier for me who can't remember names or can't spell.

Have run into people who took a picture of the employee and a close up of their name tag. Can bring the name tag up on the camera screen when you get back in the cabin...

I would like it if they had better hairdryers in the staterooms.

I would also like it if they offered self-service laundry on board; especially for the longer cruises. With limited luggage allowed on airplanes this would be helpful.

I would like it if the pool rules were enforced consistently or at all.

clb

I am going to ignore the nay-sayers and stick with the OP: A Coffee Card available for purchase would be great. I wonder how much revenue they get from the Atrium Cafe? How much would their sale revenue increase with a coffee card with a set price for a set number of coffee drinks? Bottom line' date=' I bet MANY more people would buy and net profit would increase.

Worth a try, NCL?????

Also, in the pre-boarding suite area they could have sampling plates of the afternoon suite treats. You could then better decide and let the butler know what you would like to be delivered each afternoon. That as opposed to him figuring out mid-week what you were eating and just bring that. Sometimes people who are new to the suites have no idea what is available so don't ask. They could be to taste or just to view. They could have cards to fill in what you would like to be delivered, with your name and cabin, that could then be passed to the butler. This would 1) give you what you like/want 2) save NCL $ on less wasted food that is not eaten 3) truly enhance the suite experience 4) Increase your desire to tip the butler. Who wouldn't win in this situation???!!!

[/size']

I vote for you to work as a consultant--you touched on many of the things I would love for my next NCL cruise. I am one of those who collects the NCL thermal travel coffee cup.

Have one side of ship's balconies non smoking and one side smoking. I know everyone has rights but when a non smoker is next to a smoker on his/her balcony, it is not fun for the non smoker. Some smokers are more considerate than others. This would help NCL differentiate itself from RCL who has said no smoking on all balconies, and from other lines that allow smoking on all balconies.

At least offer a section of floors that could be nonsmoking so that we can use the balcony. I used to smoke so I know it's enjoyable but with my asthma I would have too many attacks. I hope I have at least one non smoking neighbor so I'm not getting the smoke from both sides.

Edited by ALS1214

I would like it if they had better hairdryers in the staterooms.

I would also like it if they offered self-service laundry on board; especially for the longer cruises. With limited luggage allowed on airplanes this would be helpful.

I would like it if the pool rules were enforced consistently or at all.

clb

Amen to all of those, I ended up buying a travel blow dryer to take with me, even tho its small it still takes up space and weight.

Edited by Twiz

How about providing the nice luggage tags to everyone not just the suite?. I'd love to not have to bring my clear packing tape along if I'm not in a suite and last month in Italy when the porter put on one of the nicer tags, you couldn't read the stateroom number. One bag made it promptly, the other got lost when the paper print out tag with my clear packing tape was ripped off. It arrived eventually but I'm sure the tags were the culprit.

Thank you Linda! Such a compliment. I am a nurse and critical thinking is my job!

The health forms can't be filled out online because they have to be really up to date to that day. Most people check in online and print edocs days and even weeks before they cruise I would guess.

At least offer a section of floors that could be nonsmoking so that we can use the balcony. I used to smoke so I know it's enjoyable but with my asthma I would have too many attacks. I hope I have at least one non smoking neighbor so I'm not getting the smoke from both sides.

I also have asthma. It is really a sad day when I want to be out on my balcony and can't because someone else is smoking.

If NCL decides to do something like this, please PLEASE put the non-smoking cabins forward of or below the smoking ones. Or at least consult SOME kind of engineer who can show you what direction smoke moves in. Back in the days before all restaurants became non-smoking, I would have to evaluate each restaurant to see if the non-smoking areas actually had clear air... because nobody bothered to figure out how smoke moves around in the room. A port/starboard thing would probably be the most effective but hey, maybe something else will work.

Edited by Valen9

I agree that your neightbours smoking can be really annoying when you're trying to enjoy your balcony. It doesn't ruin the cruise for us, but it's not pleasant.

Perhaps allow smoking only in designated cabin categories. These categories are in locations where as few non-smokers as possible are affected.

Or, have a layout similar to this one: "neutral - smoker - smoker - neutral - nonsmoker - nonsmoker - neutral". And people who don't mind smoking could perhaps get a discount on their balcony cabin (or the cabin category can just be cheaper).

Also, increase the number of areas inside and outside of the ship where people can smoke.

Nobody minds if people smoke, just not right next to them.

Not a tip but probably in the near future..

The future stateroom keycard:

Your stateroom keycard will have a strong RFID chip in it or when using the Norwegian app on your phone with the ship's wifi. Which tracks your movement throughout the whole ship. It will measure the amount of time wandering around/looking at the shop displays per shop or even shelf. Later that night your inroom television will show (narrowcasting) extra commercials of the fragrance you looked at. Perhaps even a personal discount (as a trade in for the privacy ;) ) after a few more days.

It will even have them invite you midcruise for a paid upgrade to a balcony from your inside since you spent half the cruise standing at the railing. ;)

Same for the restaurants, while looking at the menu's. The Spa, etc.

After disembarkation NCL will compose a profile of you and will send you specific mailings of the newest ships with huge waterparks becuase your kids spent hours at the pooldeck per day.

Etc etc.

Sounds good?

Landbased shops are already tracking customers throughout their stores through wifi/bluetooth enabled smartphones.

For a cruiseline it would be an enourmous treasury of worthfull info and it is all happening on their own grounds. My guess is this will be big in the future.

Change the cheap champagne that is given to platinum members and suite guests...... it would be nice to have a choice of a cheap bottle of wine.....usually you can get it changed but it is not easy and it is a waste of vacation time.

In the restaurants the complimentary wine menu for platinum guests offers some very undrinkable selections.

Bring back fruit soups and proper cream in to go with the scones in the afternoons.

It seems the platinum perks are not worth that much because you can't buy the unlimited dining package because you already get a free dinner one night. Spa discounts are only on signature treatment on sea days etc....

I have to disagree about the perks for platinum, we pay nothing and yet we get so much. I am very happy with the program. It is better than others as far as I am concerned, but that is just me. As for the champagne it is easy to exchange it. We have even had our cabin steward do it for us, but usually all we do is let the front desk know or let a bar know. I do agree about the spa treatments. I wish we had the discount on all spa packages, not just the signature ones and anytime, not just port days.

Also I wish they would find new ports. I am tired of same ole, same ole.

Edited by newmexicoNita

Your stateroom keycard will have a strong RFID chip in it or when using the Norwegian app on your phone with the ship's wifi. Which tracks your movement throughout the whole ship. It will measure the amount of time wandering around/looking at the shop displays per shop or even shelf. Later that night your inroom television will show (narrowcasting) extra commercials of the fragrance you looked at. Perhaps even a personal discount (as a trade in for the privacy ;) ) after a few more days.

It will even have them invite you midcruise for a paid upgrade to a balcony from your inside since you spent half the cruise standing at the railing. ;)

After disembarkation NCL will compose a profile of you and will send you specific mailings of the newest ships with huge waterparks becuase your kids spent hours at the pooldeck per day.

Etc etc.

Sounds good?

Landbased shops are already tracking customers throughout their stores through wifi/bluetooth enabled smartphones.

For a cruiseline it would be an enourmous treasury of worthfull info and it is all happening on their own grounds. My guess is this will be big in the future.

Why does this make me feel like Big Brother is watching me :eek:?

Change the cheap champagne that is given to platinum members and suite guests...... it would be nice to have a choice of a cheap bottle of wine.....usually you can get it changed but it is not easy and it is a waste of vacation time.

I'm pretty sure MIL was able to get that swap made via the pre-concierge email, with the pillow menu etc.

Why does this make me feel like Big Brother is watching me :eek:?

This is exactly what Disney is doing with their "wristband" system. Was just at Disney and they monitor everything with this band. Quite a bit of info for them..........lots of advertising to us based on where we went, what we did.:eek:

Etc etc.

Sounds good?

OMG no! I hope this was meant in jest. We are watched enough as it is!