Is this possible? Carnival Breeze

Buster27

I'm hoping those who've sailed into Miami on the Breeze....or other ships can give an opinion.

Do you think there would be a fairly good chance we could make a 9:30 am flight out of Miami? We are platinum and could be the first ones off the ship?

THANKS

I would say NO. That is SUPER early. We got off the Breeze last year, and were at FLL at 9. And that was self debarkation.

Then you still have to check in, go through security, etc.

I would say you would miss your flight.

Book it later.

If for some unforeseen reason, the ship gets held up by Customs, you are going to be delayed.

I really think you are cutting it SUPER close.

How much later is the next flight? Or were you looking at nonstop flights?

Unless you want a super-stressed ending to your vacation, there is no way I'd ever try to make a 9:30 flight out of MIA. The airport itself is huge, security lines usually long. Getting off the ship at 7 a.m. and thru customs, along with a 20 minute ride to the airport, getting your bags checked, going thru airport security, finding your gate doesn't give you a lot of time. If the ships has a customs check, or gets diverted and delayed because of an illness on board, you will miss your flight.

I agree with all of you. My husband is a die hard Steeler fan and never misses a game. When the fall schedule came out yesterday, he found he

he's missing 2 games for our cruise in December. He's not happy !:mad:

This is the only flight I could find that will get him in to Pittsburgh in time to get to the game....that's going straight from the airport to the stadium and with no delays !!!!

I agree it's too risky. But.....another question. If we did book this one and miss it.....would they just put us on another flight? Would there be extra costs? I don't fly much and I'm not up on all the added costs etc of the airlines today.

I wouldn't do it either but if you are flexible with the consequences should you miss the flight then go for it.. The rules may differ by airline but typically if you miss it, they will try and book you on the next flight as standby. Now, keep in mind that most flights are booked full these days and there's no guarantee you'll get on the next flight or the one after that even.

I agree with all of you. My husband is a die hard Steeler fan and never misses a game. When the fall schedule came out yesterday, he found he

This is the only flight I could find that will get him in to Pittsburgh in time to get to the game....that's going straight from the airport to the stadium and with no delays !!!!

I agree it's too risky. But.....another question. If we did book this one and miss it.....would they just put us on another flight? Would there be extra costs? I don't fly much and I'm not up on all the added costs etc of the airlines today.

I don't mean to sound rude, but if not missing a football game is that important to him, maybe he should just stay at home and let someone else go in his place with you. I have a rough "rule of thumb" that I've always gone by. We never book our return flight before 11:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon. You say you're Platinum and plan to be among the first ones off of the ship. If there's any sort of delay, and you can't debark before 10:00 a.m., that 9:30 flight will be long gone by the time you get to the airport. As to what your options would be when you miss this flight (and you probably will), call the airline and ask. If you're lucky, you could be put on a stand-by list for the next flight out (with no additional cost), but I sure wouldn't want to be on a stand-by list in Miami's airport.:eek: That's a really busy airport.

Edited by beachbum53

I'm hoping those who've sailed into Miami on the Breeze....or other ships can give an opinion.

Do you think there would be a fairly good chance we could make a 9:30 am flight out of Miami? We are platinum and could be the first ones off the ship?

THANKS

I have made it to MIA in time to make a 9:30 flight BUT I would never plan to do it, there are just too many things that could delay you, and these days if you miss a flight it might be two or three days until you get home.

The airlines will put you on a standby list. but even though you had a confirmed reservation, they will put their premier members on first. getting in and out of Miami, the flights are always full or oversold, its not even worth the risk. The airline may even have 1 seat open and split you or your husband up if they ask you if you want the seat. The could put you on a connecting flight.

I would book a later flight, and if you make it to the airport at 8am, see if you can go standby on the 930 flight. some airlines to charge for standby, some don't. the earliest I have gotten to Miami after a cruise was 930 am and that was being zone 1, I always went standby on an earlier flight. I usually booked mine leaving at 2-3pm

If your husband is that adamant about going to a football game then maybe you should look at alternate dates for your cruise and book another one that is outside of football season. The way I look at it is you have a very small chance of making that flight and will have a very stressed morning either way and to me that is no way to end a vacation.

If you do miss that flight you are going to have a very unhappy football fan who may even miss watching the game on tv depending upon when you can get on as standby on another flight.

THANKS

Yes you should make it , it all depends on tsa.

OK You have 2 BIG problems. #1 You are married to a Steelers fan. #2 You will still be married to Steelers fan in December, but he will be really pi**ed off that he missed the game. Tell him to suck it up and be late for the game.

I can't believe that I, a Bengals fan, am giving Steelers fans tips.

I'll let you know in 2 weeks when I get off the breeze and try to make a 9:35 flight. We are self debarking and wearing running sneakers. :D

Good luck! I hope you make it (and have a backup plan, just in case).

Sent from my mobile device. Typos are inevitable.

I totally understand being a die hard fan. Have only missed 6 Bronco games since I became a fan in 1973. 2 of those for the same cruise. Sailed the Destiny in November 1997 and guess what? Yep, we won the Superbowl that year. Not saying the Steelers are going to win the SB because we are :p, but he can always hope.

About flying out that early - I wouldn't even attempt it. Sounds like he has tickets to the game; have him sell them and use the money for the cruise.;)

Well, he's pretty much resigned to missing the game! We are sailing over Christmas with our daughter and SIL....they can not go any other week.

SO.........I think I'm going to take the advice of booking the next closest

flight and maybe he can get there early enough and get on standby for the early flight. I don't care if they split us up going home.....I'm not going to the game ! :)

If the Steelers have as dismal a year as they did last year.....he may end up being glad he's missing !!! He is a true fan though....has only missed 2 games since 1978 !!! And that includes some MIGHTY COLD WEATHER !!!

Thanks to everyone for the advice !!!! This board sure does come in handy !!!!

Disembarkation on the Thanksgiving Breeze sailing was total chaos in November. Apparently, there were customs issues in Miami. We didn't get off the ship until 10am. And still had to go through customs. Please do yourself a huge favor and book a later flight. No need to stress out after a nice vacation.

OK You have 2 BIG problems. #1 You are married to a Steelers fan. #2 You will still be married to Steelers fan in December, but he will be really pi**ed off that he missed the game. Tell him to suck it up and be late for the game.

I can't believe that I, a Bengals fan, am giving Steelers fans tips.

#3 If theBengals and Steelers play like they did last season, those December games might not mean much anyway.:)

THANKS

No I don't think is a good idea keep in mind that sometimes you need more than 20 minutes to be at the airport because of the traffic.Biscayne Blvd is a popular place for marathons,festival,games etc.

Last Sunday was a mess.:)Happy cruising