Have the hair products changed in Aquaclass?

elena7seas

I noticed in a photo from the review by FRMPEI, "EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14..."

that the hair products and toiletries look very different from our last cruise in AquaClass. As the original products worked well for my difficult hair, I would like to know if those products have been changed. I will have to bring my own shampoo and conditioner if these are new products.

i-wPbCbjS-L.jpg

Post 29, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017737&page=2

Thanks so much. :)

And FRMPEI, thanks for that great review!

Those are the ones we got on the Century this month. We did not care for the shampoo and ended up getting something in port. It was the first time I decided not to bring my own, and I don't think I' ll risk it next time.

They are the products we were given in April on Equinox. I am hoping they are temporary.

I found the shampoo and conditioner drying.

Those are the ones we got on the Century this month. We did not care for the shampoo and ended up getting something in port. It was the first time I decided not to bring my own, and I don't think I' ll risk it next time.

Thank you both very much for taking the time to respond.

For me, this is disappointing news. I have always found the shampoo and conditioner in Concierge and Aquaclass to be very good and have never had to bring my own products along. My hair is fine and tangles easily. If I use anything drying, I won't be able to get a comb through it. Something else to add to my suitcase. Ugh.

Had the same on the Eclipse in March. The tubes are large but have little content. We asked for exrtra every day and finally he got the hint and left many. There wasn't enough shower gel, or body lotion for one person in a single tube. A real waste of packaging and resources.

🌅🚢🇺🇸

I noticed in a photo from the review by FRMPEI, "EQUINOX - 10 Day Ultimate Caribbean - Picture Trip Report 3/14/14..."

that the hair products and toiletries look very different from our last cruise in AquaClass. As the original products worked well for my difficult hair, I would like to know if those products have been changed. I will have to bring my own shampoo and conditioner if these are new products.

i-wPbCbjS-L.jpg

Post 29, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2017737&page=2

Thanks so much. :)

And FRMPEI, thanks for that great review!

Can anyone comment on whether the contents of the shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer are different?

We can see that the packaging is different. (Actually , for my farsighted eyes, the large lettering will be easier to distinguish between the shampoo and conditioner - something I've had a small problem with in the past. ;) :p )

Can anyone comment on whether the contents of the shampoo, conditioner and moisturizer are different?

And do not have the same lemongrass scent that characterized what was supplied in the past...

We can see that the packaging is different. (Actually , for my farsighted eyes, the large lettering will be easier to distinguish between the shampoo and conditioner - something I've had a small problem with in the past. ;) :p )

Yes, the contents are different. Totally new supplier.

I almost didn't bring my Biolage shampoo and conditioner on our Silhouette cruise this month because I LOVED the products we had last year in Aqua Class. Luckily I brought my own shower gel, shampoo and conditioner. These new products were awful and I only used them the first day. :( Hopefully they will go back to the old supplier.

What do you mean the conditioner is "drying"? Does it make your hair all flyaway (the opposite of what a conditioner is supposed to do)? LOL at something called "Hydrate" being drying.

I usually just take whatever comes in any hotel, etc., but for 14 days if this stuff is really awful I'll have to reconsider.

I bring my own products from home. I use a line called LUSH. What I like about them is that they have solid shampoo and other products that are great for traveling. They have a product call LEMONY FLUTTER. It is a cuticle butter. It is fantastic. I have been to LUSH stores in USA, Canada, Great Britain and Australia. Richard

I loved the former aqua class products over the suite products. If this new brand stays I will also bring my own next time.

No matter how much conditioner I used, the entire bottle, my hair was like straw using it. Very difficult to comb through.

Yes I was so impressed with the former AQ products.

On Reflection 3 weeks ago they were switching over. We would get a combo of old and new. By last day it was all new. I too loved the lemongrass scent of the old ones.

The reason for the switch is the changing of the spa to Canyon Ranch. The products given in AQ, CC and suites have to match products available in spa.

Edited by cls711

thanks for letting us know. I'll bring my own products. Occitane makes some great products and the verbena is close to the lemongrass. I use the moisturizer/lotion, soap and shower gel in travel size and aveda makes some great travel size hair products.

I would like to find something similar to the refresher spray that used to be provided. Any suggestions, please.

Thanks. and are the slippers still provided or do we need to bring our own?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I usually bring my own keritin shampoo and conditioner esp. If a 7 day cruise and use the ship's only when I run short I.never cared for the lemongrass scented products and liked the ones used for quite awhile before those came on bd....esp. the hand lotion and small soaps.

does the new product have any scent or note where it is from?

Oh, I hope they haven't permanently discontinued the lemongrass scented products! :eek: Both DH and I really like those. What I did not care for was the Bulgari line of products that were featured as suite amenities, a couple of years ago. They were all WAY over-perfumed for me, and they left behind something akin to an oil slick on my hair. Upon request, our steward replaced them with the lemongrass products. :cool:

That is what we got on our Connie cruise on 3/31. I don't think it had any scent. The conditioner was okay. I used it a few times but didn't think it was anything special. I didn't like the shower gel because it didn't have a "clean" scent. I was surprised that people talk about the products as a perk in Aqua because there was nothing special about them. Products at our precruise hotels ( four points by Sheraton and crowne plaza were much better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by cruzinlisa

That's right the refresher spray was missing too. The replacer lip balm wasn't as good as I recall but it was the only one that came close to the products before.

So are these the new canyon ranch supplies or is this a stop gap measure between the two spa companies?

I Thought they maybe using ship wide products for AQ for a short time, I certainly hope they get rid of the white bottles. I also agree there is very little in each container.

That's right the refresher spray was missing too. The replacer lip balm wasn't as good as I recall but it was the only one that came close to the products before.

So are these the new canyon ranch supplies or is this a stop gap measure between the two spa companies?

I Thought they maybe using ship wide products for AQ for a short time, I certainly hope they get rid of the white bottles. I also agree there is very little in each container.

I don't know if these are Canyon Ranch at Sea products, but I can tell you that these are not the products you get in your rooms at their land spas.