Oceania Club question

slk230red

Do you have to complete your 2nd cruise before being invited to the

"Exclusive Oceania Club cocktail reception"? In other words, you aren't invited until your 3rd Oceania cruise.

That's how I interpret it from the Oceania website.

Thanks

As per the Oceania Club

Blue - Cruise Credits 2-4

Blue membership pins

Exclusive Oceania Club cocktail reception

Exclusive Members-Only Offers

Advanced notice on new itineraries

10% discount on Oceania Cruises logo merchandise

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/oceaniaclublogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2foceaniaclub%2fdefault.aspx

No, you are invited to the cocktail party while on your second cruise.

This is correct. We just finished our first O cruise and were not invited, but people who were on their second cruise were.

Towards the end of our cruise there were several "goodies" left on our bed one night, including the blue luggage tags, box of chocolates, and info about being invited to the cocktail party on our next (second) cruise.

~Benita

We were invited on our second cruise.:)

I thought it had to do with the length of your first cruise. We sailed for 10 days a few months ago on Riviera, and I pretty much thought I would not be eligible until AFTER our second cruise on Marina in November. If I DO get the invitation I will be pleasantly surprised. I won't count on it so I won't be disappointed.

It does not have anything to do with the length of your cruise. You have completed one cruise, therefore will be invited to the returning passengers party on your next cruise. i do not know what happens though when your first cruise is one that counts for 2 cruise credits. Jim or Stan, do you know the answer to this one?

Re B2B - Our first cruise will be the world cruise next Jan. We have been told that we will get 15 credits but no benefits until the full cruise is over

I bet you get invited to the party after the 1st segment ends

;)

It does not have anything to do with the length of your cruise. You have completed one cruise, therefore will be invited to the returning passengers party on your next cruise. i do not know what happens though when your first cruise is one that counts for 2 cruise credits. Jim or Stan, do you know the answer to this one?

Sorry, I am not Jim or Stan but I do know you are not invited to the cocktail party until your second cruise no matter how long UNLESS you are on a back to back then you will be invited to the 2nd cruise in the B2B..

Jancruz1

Edited by Jancruz

I bet you get invited to the party after the 1st segment ends

;)

That would be nice, but nothing else is going to apply until after the end of the WC, no extra OBC or other perks will be applied progressively. As Jan said, perks can apply on fhe 2nd leg of a b2b, but not if it is a Grand Voyage, and the entire WC is considered a big Grand Voyage.

On the other hand, there promises to be special events, incliding cocktail parties for those on the full WC, probably better than the Oceania Club events. Those of us who are already Oceania Club members should get to do all, but it will be intersting to see how many OC events there are and if we get invited to all of them.

That would be nice, but nothing else is going to apply until after the end of the WC, no extra OBC or other perks will be applied progressively. As Jan said, perks can apply on fhe 2nd leg of a b2b, but not if it is a Grand Voyage, and the entire WC is considered a big Grand Voyage.

Not sure where I said the other benefits would apply :confused::confused:

So what you are saying is those first timers on a world cruise will not be invited to any of the past guest parties in the whole 180 days ?

How cheap is that :eek:

Not sure where I said the other benefits would apply :confused::confused:

So what you are saying is those first timers on a world cruise will not be invited to any of the past guest parties in the whole 180 days ?

How cheap is that :eek:

I was using the other benefits as an example to illustrate my point about the parties.

Obviously I don't know for certain, but a logical extension of the other benefits situation may indicate the Oceania Club parties situation.

As for "cheap", the only OBC we will get for the entire 6 months is one application of our current club benefit; in my case $400, for a newbie, zilch. Of corse, the other perks make up for it, and our TA's SHOULD come up with something.

We still go to the past cruiser party just to see who is getting recognition etc...

It is a drink or two & snacks ...no big deal for us

It is usually before dinner so we forgo the snacks ;)

I agree with Rick. A free drink and a couple canapés aren't worth bucking the crowd, since usually half the ship is filled with past passengers, so it's pretty crowded. And having people stand and be recognized for taking "X" cruises isn't exactly great entertainment.

Unless you're there with friends and early enough to get a table most just stand around and visit for a few minutes and then go on to the next activity.

I agree with Rick. A free drink and a couple canapés aren't worth bucking the crowd, since usually half the ship is filled with past passengers, so it's pretty crowded. And having people stand and be recognized for taking "X" cruises isn't exactly great entertainment.

Unless you're there with friends and early enough to get a table most just stand around and visit for a few minutes and then go on to the next activity.

In Jan they had the repeat cruisers gathering in Horizons, they had only top sailors given pins or acknowledgements

There were 2 parties on that cruise by invitation only

Maybe because some cruises have 75% repeat cruisers they are changing the way they do it

In 2011 they did not have people with 5 cruises stand up front, the pins were just delivered to your cabin

We did not find it crowded doing this way much better IMO

Lyn

Edited by LHT28

You described the event well:)

As Yogi Berra famously said, "It's so crowded, nobody goes there anymore." ;-)

We don't like to buck the crowd and thus skip the O Club party like many here. The assessments I am reading here bear out our decision!