What is the 50% off special?

hollon

I'm confused, doesn't the promo say new bookings only?

It would save me some on currently booked reservation but I wasn't going to bother calling b/c it said for individual new bookings somewhere in the fine print. If they are giving it on existing reservations, does that mean we have to test every promo to see if fine print legit?

It would save me some on currently booked reservation but I wasn't going to bother calling b/c it said for individual new bookings somewhere in the fine print. If they are giving it on existing reservations, does that mean we have to test every promo to see if fine print legit?

Yes.

And yes.

Edited by marci22

Woohoo I saved $430.

Previously for my Galveston cruise in summer 2015 in an E3 aft corner I was ~2630 and now I am ~2200.

Yey!

I am used to cruising Disney so I have never been able to get a price reduction before. My TA was able to do it on the computer without calling and it took 2 minutes literally. I love saving 400 over 2 minutes. If I could just find other ways to gain $400 with 2 minutes time I would be a happy camper.

what sailing are you on? We are sailing 6-14-15 and saved $430 as well so I thought we might be on the same ship! :)

Anyone have any idea on how future price reductions would work for new bookings with this sale? I am looking at May 2015 12 night Scandavia and Russia balcony for two for $3,814. Didn't price before this, so don't know how much price is inflated for sale.

I'm pretty new but i would assume that if the price drops to below the $3814 total then you would be able to take advantage of that drop, but technically you would lose the 50% off the 2nd person. I don't think they will just let you apply to new (theoretical dropped)price to the first person and keep the 50% off the second PAX. I'm sure someone with more experience will correct me if I am mistaken ;)

Just wanted to give a shout out to Cruise Critic ... The Royal website clearly reads for new bookings so I'm thinking do I go thru the hassle of canceling my May-2015 Southern and rebooking it? Will I lose my preferred cabin during the transistion?

Instead I read here that folks are getting price drops ... so I call. Hold for like 5 mins and 5 mins later I saved $271 and kept my preferred cabin!

Thanks Cruise Critics!

Just upgraded from OV to El balcony for basically same price on Explorer 1-29 sailing. Originally booked on an open booking certificate. After much discussion, I was able to keep OBC. Price on balconies had stayed the same for months.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

It is worth the call; my TA got discounts on every cruise I had (that sails during the promotion start date).

The funny thing is, I asked for a drop a few months ago on a different sale and was denied because it was "new bookings only".

So yeah, you ALWAYS have to call. The fine print is sometimes blurrier than it appears.

I know a few of you have but if others can post the dates sailing/ship they were able to get deductions on their cruise that would be great! I'm trying to look at some dates but not sure what's a good deal and what isn't. Thanks!!

Unfortunately my husband doesn't pick vacations until around September of each year (seniority based) so I'm not sure if I should gamble or not with picking a date...decisions decisions :confused: :confused:

I know a few of you have but if others can post the dates sailing/ship they were able to get deductions on their cruise that would be great! I'm trying to look at some dates but not sure what's a good deal and what isn't. Thanks!!

Unfortunately my husband doesn't pick vacations until around September of each year (seniority based) so I'm not sure if I should gamble or not with picking a date...decisions decisions :confused: :confused:

My next sailing. Jewel 3/14/15 out of San Juan, 7 days. Saved $130 overall.

I logged into the rccl website and it says 50% 2nd person, when I go to click on it, it says page can't be loaded, has anyone logged in to see what the rules are or certain sailings for the 50% off?

Thank you for this posting! Took advantage of the sale!

I have two rooms reserved (since early February) on Independence for the June 28th, 2015 sailing. One exterior & one interior. Called this morning and got each room reduced for a total savings of about $500.00

Also priced out a room for my sister in law yesterday (4/30) and then again today (5/1) - showed a $600 savings and advised her to call in this morning and get things booked.

what sailing are you on? We are sailing 6-14-15 and saved $430 as well so I thought we might be on the same ship! :)

We are a few weeks after you on the 7/5/15 cruise. I am guessing all the Galveston prices for summer (except for holidays) are about the same price.

I'm pretty new but i would assume that if the price drops to below the $3814 total then you would be able to take advantage of that drop, but technically you would lose the 50% off the 2nd person. I don't think they will just let you apply to new (theoretical dropped)price to the first person and keep the 50% off the second PAX. I'm sure someone with more experience will correct me if I am mistaken ;)

Actually, they did let me do that with my previously booked 3/16 FOS sailing. The price dropped below what I booked at, so they honored the price drop and gave me the 50% off sale.

Woo hoo! Only made the booking on the weekend for the prices were the same. Lost our resident discount but even at that we still saved $314 / room x2 rooms for $628 savings! What am I going to spend it on???

Just got off the phone with RCI. The solo prices were corrected so we could take advantage of the BOGO sale. I just saved $800 on my Liberty sailing. I was able to keep my NCC and OBC.

Just got off the phone with RCI. The solo prices were corrected so we could take advantage of the BOGO sale. I just saved $800 on my Liberty sailing. I was able to keep my NCC and OBC.

That's great news, glad they are giving the same deal to solos.:)

Actually, they did let me do that with my previously booked 3/16 FOS sailing. The price dropped below what I booked at, so they honored the price drop and gave me the 50% off sale.

I was thinking about price drops after May 31st when the 50% off sale ends :) I may have misunderstood the question:cool:

Totally agree. We also had booked on a NCC. I had previously posted that I wished the OBC showed on the invoice, but upon further review it does-I had just missed it the first time looking. We would have dropped by almost $500 in a PR, but instead we used our C&A balcony discount and upgraded to an E1 for $135, and the OBC still shows on our invoice.

No way will I be changing my cabins. :D

I've got FOS 1700 booked and just saved $318 for May 2015; My boys are saving $350 off their inside (college students - just need to save $ not upgrade) Besides our balcony is big enough for all of us. :)

For March 2016 Anniversary cruise we have a D1 aft on serenade for 11 days and saved $625!!

Plus OBC for them all for using those NCC's. Unfortunately, those were all we bought on our last cruise. Will have to look into the booking while onboard next time.

That's great news, glad they are giving the same deal to solos.:)

I can confirm this is true. Just called about a B2B we have on the Vision Dec 2015, JS for DW and I, solo oceanview for my brother. Almost $600 savings on each JS booking, about $270 on each oceanview. No problem keeping the same cabins and balcony discounts and it didn't matter one iota that these were existing reservations. If in doubt, call; worst they can say is no.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithGallery.do?icid=mybg_2_tctclp_gt5_dlsprm_cntntr_8549&pagename=may_bogo_offer

Just to be certain, the deal only shows Northeast, Caribbean and Europe, so no deals on Alaska or other places.

Also annoying that launching your search from the actual deal page still includes Quantum and Anthem. They'll probably get calls about that from people not reading the fine print.

Edited by TBone2K

Ah now that is great news, thank you for posting.

I had emailed RCCL earlier pointing it was rather unfair than we solos who were paying double cruise fare and double NCCF were missing out on this offer...nice to know they do listen :D

I was thinking about price drops after May 31st when the 50% off sale ends :) I may have misunderstood the question:cool:

Gotcha, I misunderstood. I'm not sure the answer to your original question, but I would guess you are correct.

Just booked two cabins this morning on the Freedom of the Seas for June 2015.

We normally don't sail this time of year but are taking my daughter and two granddaughters this time and I was waiting for some pricing I could live with......:o. I know the prices are crazy in the summer and I was afraid if I didn't book now all of the good rooms would be gone from this sail and/or the prices would go up again.

I feel like I got a really good deal compared to the prices I have been seeing for a couple of months now.

Onboard the Allure couple of weeks ago, booked 7 day out of Venice for next August - A balcony and an inside across the hall. Just hung up with RCCL and if I kept the same itinerary would have saved $1000…Changed to the Rhapsody out of Rome (same type of cabins) and saved $1400 and change!!!! That's one airfare! Kept the NCC onboard credits too. Pretty good day so far!

Ah now that is great news, thank you for posting.

I had emailed RCCL earlier pointing it was rather unfair than we solos who were paying double cruise fare and double NCCF were missing out on this offer...nice to know they do listen :D

I had also posted a comment on their F B page last night. I was so happy when I check the rates this morning and noticed the correction. When I called last night after midnight, the rep said the offer would not apply to one person in a cabin.