Can we order another entree after 1st order has been served in the MDR?

Hi! We have dinner seating for 6:15. I am wondering if it is ok to order again after we are served? For example, we ordered 1 entree and when it came we didn't like it and want another entree. Or maybe we liked it too much and want a second round of it. Is it allowed to order again? Thanks!

Hi! We have dinner seating for 6:15. I am wondering if it is ok to order again after we are served? For example, we ordered 1 entree and when it came we didn't like it and want another entree. Or maybe we liked it too much and want a second round of it. Is it allowed to order again? Thanks!

You can order two entrees, but honesty, I've never ordered another after finishing the one. I always have ordered both at the same time, since it may throw off their system in the dining room, and sometimes it can be a long wait in between. Of course, it never hurts to ask:).

It really can depend on if you're in the MDR vs a smaller venue like Bu, where you could be accommodated more quickly due to closer proximity of the kitchen to the dining room

Our experience on many cruise lines is the staff is more than willing to fulfill requests, within reason

Edited by 4cats4me

Yes, you can... and on "lobster night" you maybe required to order them one at a time. Waiters have been telling guests that they can't order 2,3,4,5 lobsters tails at once and must order them one at a time.(of course, with some exceptions)

One night the men at our table all ordered fish and when they sawnthenportions immediately ordered a second plate. Never had to do that with the lamb or the roast beef, just that one night with the fish. Thensecondnplates came almost immediately and didn't slow down the rest of the table at all

Yes, you can... and on "lobster night" you maybe required to order them one at a time. Waiters have been telling guests that they can't order 2,3,4,5 lobsters tails at once and must order them one at a time.(of course, with some exceptions)

So you get one, and when they deliver it you say "wow, that's really small, please get me another". Or wait until you finish it and ask for another. Extra entrees tend to arrive much faster than the first because the waiter or assistant will go into the kitchen to get just that.

We were in the MDR and DH did mot like the flavour of the sauce on his entree (others in our group liked it lol) and our waiter noticed his reaction and instantly swooped in and took his plate and told DH he would bring him a dish he would like. It was served in about 5 min. DH still talks about that waiter:) I have not yet seen a problem in having a second entree served quickly. Our friends sometimes order an entree each and then later order another one to share.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Christine Frances

We sometimes have an Entree for the table i.e. we share a pasta between us.

Sometimes a waiter will suggest having two if you can't decide or bring a plate of something we are not sure of so we will know for next time. I must admit we have had extra desserts as well. I don't think you will have a problem.

In Blu I believe they check to see if you are eating as last cruise none of the 8 of us were enjoying the waitress recommendation of Kobe meat loaf. To be honest it was the worst thing we have ever been served anywhere, it tasted pickled and off. However other tables were obviously eating it. We were having a quite discussion and I don't believe you could have distinguished it from normal conversation as after 9 days into a 12 day cruise we had developed an excellent relationship with the best waitress we had ever had and just were not sure how to handle the situation. Our waitress appeared with two others behind her and asked if the food was to our liking and it was wiped away and replaced with different choices, we all had the New York strip. One waiter laughingly said to my son ' we have camera's watching you' ......... !

Or was she simply the best waitress ever.

I often order two entrees at first to save the staff making another trip, especially on a night when I can make surf and turf combo.

agree -- but as others have said, if you are disappointed in a dish -- they will happily get you something else.

Waiters on Celebrity are usually very good at checking to make sure everyone is pleased with their order within a few minutes of it being served.

I often order two entrees at first to save the staff making another trip, especially on a night when I can make surf and turf combo.

The problem with doing that, unless you're planning to eat both at the same time or share with the table, is that your second entree will be sitting under a plate cover while you eat your first entree. If you order if after you finish the first, you'll get it fresh from the kitchen.

The problem with doing that, unless you're planning to eat both at the same time or share with the table, is that your second entree will be sitting under a plate cover while you eat your first entree. If you order if after you finish the first, you'll get it fresh from the kitchen.

I order 2 entrees at once all of the time. If you eat fast enough (and I do particularly with surf and turf) the second plate is still quite hot :D

My other half is a pescatarian and enjoys the always available salmon in the MDR. He just asks for two pieces of salmon on one plate. Much easier (and less obvious to others that he is being piggy :-) ). It also stops wasting the second portion of sides.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We ordered this a few times,as we wanted to try a couple of different dishes. We found we got the "entire" dinner as opposed to just say.. the Lobster tail. The reasoning was that because it was prepared on an assembly line(do take the galley tour)they have to complete each meal. My partner being a chef(pastry being the specialty)always gets on well with the staff. Being Chinese certainly doesn't hurt, either, as most of the kitchen staff is Asian as well.