Grand Suite Perks

Loved all the extra perks already mentioned, we had a special one 2 weeks ago on Navigator not sure if this will continue or is on any other ship, but it was dinner with the ships officers , they roped off part of windjammer and they had tables for 10 and each table had a ships officer, food was great, filet mignon, lobester tail, rack of lamb etc etc, also champane to start then red and white wines. We were told this was second week that they did that.

They used to do that on Monarch for D+ cruisers, back when there weren't so many (and HD's budget was bigger, I imagine). They expanded it to include our CC group in 2007, and it was fabulous - a special menu, lots of officers and some entertainment to cap off the evening.

They used to do that on Monarch for D+ cruisers, back when there weren't so many (and HD's budget was bigger, I imagine). They expanded it to include our CC group in 2007, and it was fabulous - a special menu, lots of officers and some entertainment to cap off the evening.

Agree....it was a fabulous evening that we all enjoyed. :)

• 2 months later...

My husband and I will be sailing in our first GS next September on FOS.

I wonder how they'll handle in-suite dining once Dynamic Dining is introduced? (Will you have a variety of dinner menus to choose from?)

I see people post about getting DVD's from the concierge lounge. Do all suites come with a dvd player?

Also, is the breakfast in a specialty restaurant for suite guests (on FOS it was held in Portofino) the same menu as in the MDR?

Also, the special beach area for Gold Members on Labadee; do we need a reservation as a suite guest just to enjoy the beach area if we're not reserving a cabana? Is there a designated area for suite guests on Cocoa Cay as well?

This I forget------------------When sailing in a Suite, When does RCL send out the real luggage tags?

When your cruise documentation is ready to be printed off, usually around 49 days till your cruise, you will be able to order your luggage tags. Usually takes about a week to arrive in the mail.

James

On Allure the reserved seating was a separate deck above the solarium. There was tons of seating as well as a bar. The attendant brings around fresh fruit and other snacks, as well as bar service. No need to bring towels, as they will be provided to you up there.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I wonder post dry dock that the Oasis now has the suites seating on separate deck above the solarium?

We were on the Exp. this June. We went to that wonderful dinner, tables were set up really nice in the Windjammer and section was roped off. They must have had 5 different kinds of lobster, I don't eat lobster, lol. But it was really nice. Hope they have it on our upcoming cruise in March on Legends.

We love a big breakfast ! Nothing better than ordering off the full menu and enjoying it on the balcony ! Great way to start your day !

This seems like something we would really enjoy. :)

Dining room menus are in the suites? Is there a separate number you call, or is it all handled through the same room service number?

This seems like something we would really enjoy. :)

Dining room menus are in the suites? Is there a separate number you call, or is it all handled through the same room service number?

Yes, dining room menus are in suites, changed daily, and you call room service.

We were in a GS on Radiance in Alaska this past May. The meal with the Captain and officers was Breakfast in Giovanni's. Very nicely done. The best part was JD, the concierge announced all the Suite Guests by name, even though we never met him. He studied the faces off the sea pass cards and knew all Suite Guests by name the next morning. Very impressive!

I wonder how they'll handle in-suite dining once Dynamic Dining is introduced? (Will you have a variety of dinner menus to choose from?)

I could see your other points had been answered but not this.

I have spoken with a lady in the Executive Office regarding this due to the lack of publicised information. She has assured me that in suite dinner dining will remain an option. However, you can only order from one menu each evening, so one person in the suite can't order from American Icon and the other person from Silk (for example), you both have to order from the same menu that evening.

Given the mis-information that is so frequent from RCI, I really hope this is something that will turn out to be accurate.

I could see your other points had been answered but not this.

I have spoken with a lady in the Executive Office regarding this due to the lack of publicised information. She has assured me that in suite dinner dining will remain an option. However, you can only order from one menu each evening, so one person in the suite can't order from American Icon and the other person from Silk (for example), you both have to order from the same menu that evening.

Given the mis-information that is so frequent from RCI, I really hope this is something that will turn out to be accurate.

Thank you! We're easy to please and would be delighted with any menu. Whatever happens on Freedom, we're ready to go with the flow.

Jules -

When you get to the end of the pier there is golf cart to take you to the beach. No reservation is needed since the consierge will be there.

Well this just sounds about perfect. The concierge will be there...at the beach?!

Are there ample chairs for guests not reserving a cabana? Long way off, but not sure if I want to go that route for just 2 people. Or maybe we will. Plenty of time to do some research and decide.

We are in a grand suite for the first time. I was wondering how the priority tendering worked. It is stated that is on select sailings what does that mean. We are so excited.

Depending on your ports, not all use tenders...most you can walk off. If you do have a tender port (i.e Bleize) you have priority and don't have to wait in the horrid lines to get off the ship :)

Thank you! We're easy to please and would be delighted with any menu. Whatever happens on Freedom, we're ready to go with the flow.

Great attitude! I am happy to hear we can order from any dining room. We wanted to try several restaurants but also enjoy room service a night or two. I am glad we can do both!

Depending on your ports, not all use tenders...most you can walk off. If you do have a tender port (i.e Bleize) you have priority and don't have to wait in the horrid lines to get off the ship :)

So where do we go for the priority tendering? How do we skip the lines? Sorry for the silly questions we are newbies. :)

So where do we go for the priority tendering? How do we skip the lines? Sorry for the silly questions we are newbies. :)

Depending on your cabin - if in suite, you would ask the concierge; they will give you instructions or assistance. Otherwise, you can go to the main desk (pursers desk) and they will assist you

No silly questions - :D

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. We will be in a grand suite for the first time. We are so excited.

Glad to help, - I see you are from Washington (I assume State of) - we lived in Seabeck and Bainbridge Island for years before relocating to Florida