No more honey stung!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! They'd better have some Honey Stung Chicken on the Navigator when I board in a couple of weeks! Yeah, I'm a fan. Will I die if they don't serve it on embarkation day? Of course I will.

Went on Navigator last March 2014, there were no honey stung chicken in the Windjamer on any days of the cruise

Edited by StrikeEagle

I believe the "big deal" is it was served boarding day lunch ONLY for a long time and a lot of people considered it one of the things that signaled the start of their cruise. It wasnt something readily available anywhere else but on a RCI cruise ship!

It is what it is, at least was what it was. Nothing more than a frozen breaded chicken pattie from Tysons. I thought it was pretty good if you could get it just as they put it out on the line but terrible after it sat for a while. I can do with or without it.

There is a MUCH bigger hype over Carnivals melting chocolate cake or whatever its called and I tried it and thought it was disgusting! To each their own though and I imagine there would be a lot of Carnival cruisers that would be upset if it disappeared!

I was on Vision last week and they had fried chicken pieces on embarkation day. They were great: moist and juicy. I thought they must be the famous honey stung chicken, so later in the cruise I ordered it from the room service menu. It was awful, dry and rubbery. So, whatever they replaced the honey stung with on embarkation it was an ugrade!

From all the hype I'd read before our first RCCL cruise, I was so looking forward to the HS chicken and was just a bit dissapointed. Maybe just had ones that were sitting out for too long - so I won't really miss them on our Christmas cruise - I think we'd miss Johnny rockets more :p.

On the topic of chicken - is there anywhere you can order chicken wings? NCL have them in the Blue Lagoon and on the room service menu but we hadn't found any on RCCL???

From all the hype I'd read before our first RCCL cruise, I was so looking forward to the HS chicken and was just a bit dissapointed. Maybe just had ones that were sitting out for too long - so I won't really miss them on our Christmas cruise - I think we'd miss Johnny rockets more :p.

On the topic of chicken - is there anywhere you can order chicken wings? NCL have them in the Blue Lagoon and on the room service menu but we hadn't found any on RCCL???

I'm not sure if any ship with the Seafood Shack does them..... they USED to do chicken drumettes via room service..... they were fabulous!!

The Honey Stung Chicken and a DoD was a tradition on Embarkation day. But the quality really went down. First they get rid on my beloved Vidalia Onion Tart and now the chicken. I am completely going against tradition and eating at Giovanni's Table in October, it is time to try some thing new.

I haven't read anything about it before so I don't know if it's new or not but it looks like there isn't honey stung chicken in the WJ on embarkation day. We boarded the Allure earlier and I didn't really

miss it but I thought it was funny since it's always been a staple on embarkation day :p.

Yeah, we did NOT have it on our April Adventure cruise. My DD was quite upset.

The Honey Stung Chicken and a DoD was a tradition on Embarkation day. But the quality really went down. First they get rid on my beloved Vidalia Onion Tart and now the chicken. I am completely going against tradition and eating at Giovanni's Table in October, it is time to try some thing new.

I also miss the Vidalia Onion Tart and the Scallop Risotto.:(