No more honey stung!

I haven't read anything about it before so I don't know if it's new or not but it looks like there isn't honey stung chicken in the WJ on embarkation day. We boarded the Allure earlier and I didn't really

miss it but I thought it was funny since it's always been a staple on embarkation day :p.

I haven't been on RCI so I've nothing to compare, but I have been on the Disney Fantasy and I would not use the food as a reason to go back.

Lol. I would've said I'm off to Carnival but that was a step too far..... I've only experience of RCI in the modern era and so long as I am on board I know I won't go hungry ;)

This has been reported several times in the last few months. Us, we do not care. I never got what the big deal was about a piece of breaded chicken. We don't even bother going to the WJ on embarkation. Last couple of cruises we've grabbed lunch in the Park Cafe after boarding. But, that said, plenty of people are just absolutely beside themselves that they can't get honey stung on embarkation.:rolleyes:

There was none on the Jewel in March, we joke that we are not on a cruise until we've had a piece of it, well, I went straight to guest services and DEMANDED a free cruise due to them spoiling my vacation but they were having none of it. :D

It's obvously another cost saving move. Have you seen the price of those frozen breaded chicken tenders at Sam's Club? Royal can't afford to keep those on the menu! Maybe they could have a special station in the Windjammer where they'd swipe your seapass and for $5 you could graze at a for fee buffet with upgraded choices.

Just kidding: I have had some really good honey stung and some really disappointing. I always look forward to having some on day one.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

It was not on Adventure or Enchantment earlier this year. However, they still had the paella in WJ on boarding day.

Thank you for letting me know that they have the paella in the WJ on Allure. We are planning a cruise on Allure in a few weeks, and were trying to decide if we should go to WJ or Park Café on embarkation day.

Since they never have the paella on other days, on other ships....and it usually makes the start of our vacation 'official' -- I think we will stop by Park Café on another day for lunch and keep our WJ ritual for embarkation day.

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!! They'd better have some Honey Stung Chicken on the Navigator when I board in a couple of weeks! Yeah, I'm a fan. Will I die if they don't serve it on embarkation day? Of course I will.

It was at the very first station as you enter in the WJ on Allure during our January cruise. We missed it at first....and it was in only one spot. It was also on the room service menu.

I agree with the others, it's not that great, very hit and miss. That said, it feels like the cruise has started when we have the first bite...well, that and a Strawberry Lava Flow.

I do miss the onion tart in the MDR though. Definitely was a favorite of mine.

In my experience, the WJ food is always hit and miss. Good if you happen to catch it right after they put it out, but often not so. It's why we mostly don't eat there except for afternoon snacks.

We did get the HS chicken from the room service menu a couple of nights on our last Serenade cruise. It was okay.

We cruised on the Navigator, the first week in March, and it wasn't available in the WJ. Room Service had it but to me it wasn't the same. It looked and tasted more like chicken fingers then a nice breaded breast patty.

In my experience, the WJ food is always hit and miss. Good if you happen to catch it right after they put it out, but often not so.

Which is why I like to be one of the first on board :) Other than boarding day lunch and breakfast because I can get cooked to order fried eggs, I avoid the Windjammer!

We cruised on the Navigator, the first week in March, and it wasn't available in the WJ. Room Service had it but to me it wasn't the same. It looked and tasted more like chicken fingers then a nice breaded breast patty.

Rosemarie, I had heard that the original Honey Stung breaded chicken has changed drastically. I supposed I'll see for myself when I sail in a couple of weeks. :(

They didn't have it on the Freedom in February and I was devastated. Did I eat something else? Yes. But I still missed it. Those who don't like it won't miss it, but there are many of us who will. So that's what the big deal is. It does look like they're not serving it on day 1 in the WJ anymore. :( I have had it from the room service menu and it was not the same at all.